Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading EverythingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: Just lost a client and friend.

Boolit Grand Master

Just lost a client and friend.

CL is what we called him. He shot the local 3 gun matches and enjoyed life. It was always a treat when he would call and ask in a gravely voice: "Hey Tim, what are you doin?".
    He always asked how I was before he got into what he needed from me. When he came by the shop he would stay and talk for a while and tell me who shot what score and such.
    He would treat my daughter like a princess, and my wife with respect.
    He never complained about what I charged him, and he always paid in cash on the spot.
    More than any of this though, he was just a good human being and that was obvious whenever you were around him.
    I liked him so much that whenever he came by, I would drop what I was doing and work on his project immediately.
    I felt an urge to call him last week just to see when he was coming to see me. I was too busy and I forgot.

He died yesterday of sudden heart failure.
    It was too big, and he used it too much to bless his fellow man.

CL,
    Travel on my brother. Rest up till the rest of us get there. I'll be by directly.
    Last edited by MBTcustom; 03-12-2014 at 01:03 PM.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Boolit Master
    Sorry for your loss.

To pour salt in a wound, we as a people aren't getting replacements for these 'good men'. As they pass on what we're left with is ....well...no nice words for that.
    Not to say there'd EVER be a replacement for your friend. NOT what I mean at all. It's a crime against humanity when a good man passes away. The species of 'good men' is on the brink of extinction

I pray for peace for you and the mans family.

Boolit Grand Master

I'm sorry for your loss. I agree with Dean, that there does seem to be a decline in the number of "good men" out there. Ones that work hard, pay their bills, treat their wife and mother with respect and are just good gentlemen. It sounds like we lost another. My prayers for you and his family.

Bless you brother..

Boolit Master

I am truly sorry to hear of your loss. A good friend is hard to come by.
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

Boolit Buddy

Good friends are a treasure. I am sorry for your loss.

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry for the loss of your good friend.

Boolit Master
    Sorry for the loss of your friend, because that was who he really was. We say client, but in reality it is a deeper connection sometimes. Thank you for posting a remembrance. It is these examples of good men that you describe that encourage, and teach our young members, as well as old what being a good man really is and what it means to others. For some this will be our only legacy.

Boolit Grand Master

That's truly sad. The loss of a friend is a loss indeed.

My best friend a few years back did the same. He had never had any problems and then one day he drove home from work, parked in the driveway and walking to the house he fell over and died on the sidewalk from a massive heart attack. No warning at all, it was just his time but he is missed.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Buddy
    I am sorry for your friend's passing, but am joyed to feel that he is in a better place, now. What is really grief, is when someone passes, that does not know the Lord. Goodsteel, that "urge" you got to call, I feel, was from the Lord, and it was for you, to have one last meeting, per say, on this earth, with him, but don't fret, as you will see him again. God bless.

Boolit Master
    Yes a true friend is Hard to get use to losing. For they can not be replaced. Sorry for you loss!!

As we pass thru life it's not the stuff we gather it's the memories we create that we leave behind. CL was a rich man by the sounds of it, and we are all diminished by his passing. RIP
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

I'm sorry for the loss of your good friend and a good man. Rest In Peace, CP.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''