Inline FabricationRepackboxTitan ReloadingLee Precision
WidenersReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: A limited number of die sets are available

Boolit Master

A limited number of die sets are available

Closed for now at Post #49 while I sort this out!

See Post #66 for latest info. I will continue to update Post #66 as I sort out the dies.

I should be making a major announcement concerning this thread on Friday, March 28, 2014. I would really like that post to be number 50 so I will reserve #50 now and ignore all posts after #50!

A limited number of die sets are available. It is now pointless to answer the poll in my other thread. More people answered they want either common or uncommon rifle dies than want common or uncommon pistol dies. However, I got the general drift. Rifle and pistol dies are wanted, so I will do both at the same time.

These dies came as a big pile of dies and used to belong to a commercial reloading outfit...actually, two commercial reloading outfits. They are in a giant, well maybe just a truly huge pile of dies. Most have been disassembled. Some are a little rusty and some are a lot rusty. Some even appear to be new and unused dies. The dies which appear to be new and unused are mostly seating dies. Almost all of the sizing dies are steel vice carbide.
    There are a limited number of calibers available. There are usually a lot of sets of each caliber. These calibers are calibers which were popular in the 1960s and 1970s. The newest date I have seen on a die is 1980 and many are dated in the 1960s. Many of the die sets are labeled with cartridge designations which were wildcats which became now familiar factory cartridges. A few are from improved cartridges and some are so rare that I have never heard of them! With the number of die sets of each caliber which are available, it makes me wonder if they wore out the sizing dies.
    I do believe we have members which would be pleased to have free die sets which a commercial reloader thought of as junk.
    It is going to take me a long time to sort these out, clean them up, reassemble the individual dies, and then to sort the dies into usable sets.
    Not only that, but Mrs Brass saw one of my credit card bills and complained about how much I had spent on postage! So I can only mail out a limited number of sets each month.

For more details on where these dies came from, read this thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...available-soon

Here are some of the rules on applying for these dies, but read them carefully as asking for dies which are not listed will get you disqualified from receiving any dies! Study them carefully and follow them carefully. You may edit your post later to update or correct it! Here is how to apply:

I have a lot of dies sets available. These sets came from two commercial reloading outfits that ceased operation many years ago. All of the dies were disassembled and were just left in a pile of loose dies. I have been cleaning, sorting, and reassembling them into sets so they can be sent to new homes via Helping Hands. This is a big job and I still have an extraordinary amount left to do!
    To simplify this process, I would like you to explain what you want and why you want it. Also, let me know what equipment you have to use it with. To further simplify this and make the choosing who gets what I want you to cut and paste the appropriate statements from the below to tell your story in the same format. You can also just fill in the blanks and delete the statements which do not apply.
    Please be aware that the available calibers are listed and if you request calibers not on the list that might be cause to disqualify you from receiving any dies!

I am a new reloader just getting started and I
    do not have a reloading press yet.
    have a single station press. It is a ______.
    have a progressive press. It is a _____.
    use a press which is not mine. It is a ______.

I have limited experience reloading and I

I am an experienced reloader and I

I desire to load the following pistol calibers and I would like die sets in these calibers:
    _____
    _____
    _____
    _____
    _____
    _____

I desire to load the following rifle calibers and I would like die sets in these calibers:
    _____
    _____
    _____
    _____
    _____
    _____

You can claim rifle and pistol die sets. There is no limit to what you can claim. You may or may not get what you claim.

I am a new boolit caster just getting started and I
    do not have a lead pot yet.
    have a dipper lead pot. It is a ______.
    have a bottom pour lead pot. It is a _____.
    use a lead pot which is not mine. It is a ______.

I have limited experience as a boolit caster and I

I am an experienced boolit caster and I

I have a local Mentor and my mentor is __________.
    Note: If your Mentor is BrassMagnet, don't bother filling this out as you will be reviewing these! You can answer this question as not applicable.

I do not have a local mentor and I desire one!
    My location is __________.
    You can answer this question as not applicable.

do not have any boolit moulds yet.
    I have a mould. It is a _____.
    I have more than one mould. They are: _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____
    I really need a mould in _____ caliber for my rifle/pistol/both. (Please bold and underline as appropriate!)

I have limited experience as a boolit caster and I
    I have more than one mould. They are: _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____
    I really need a mould in _____ caliber for my rifle/pistol/both. (Please bold and underline as appropriate!)

I am an experienced boolit caster and I
    have a lot of moulds for sale but I just haven't figured out how much BrassMagnet will pay yet!

You can claim rifle and pistol die sets. There is no limit to what you can claim. You may or may not get what you claim. Here is an example filled out by someone who will be grading your request and who will likely have a say in who gets what:

I am a new reloader just getting started and I have a single station press. It is a Rockchucker.
    I desire to load the following pistol calibers and I would like die sets in these calibers:
    .45 ACP
    I desire to load the following rifle calibers and I would like die sets in these calibers:
    .223 .308 .270 .30-06
    I am a new boolit caster just getting started and I do not have a lead pot yet.
    I have a local Mentor and my mentor is Brassmagnet.
    I have a mould. It is a really old mould for 32 Win Special and one for .308 at my mentors house.
    I really need a mould(s) in .223, .277, and .32 caliber for my rifles.

After cutting and pasting or filling in the blanks and deleting the not applicable, compress your post so it doesn't take up a lot of screen space when people are viewing this thread. After answering the applicable questions, feel free to add a few sentences about yourself. Please don't ask for dies for another. Rather, encourage them to register on this site and ask themselves.
    I don't desire this thread to go on forever, but I know it will end up going for many pages.

If you PM me or email me about dies it will irritate me and you will not be eligible for any dies. Beware!
    Now for some info on the available dies:

Pistol Dies:
    One or more sets

30 Carbine 380 Auto 9 mm 38 Spl 38/357 41 Mag 44-40 44 Mag 45 ACP 45 Colt

Stray dies which may make your set complete.

38 Auto 38 S&W Short

Rifle dies:
    One or more sets

220 Swift 222 rem 222 rem mag 22-250 22 rcfm 22 var 223 243 6 mm rem 244 rem
    250 sav 256 win 257 wby 25-06 264 Win 6.5x55 6.5 carcano 6.5 MS 6.5 rem mag
    270 270 wby 280 Rem 7 mm wby 308 30-06 300 H&H 300 wby 375 H&H 375 wby
    Note: 22 var is the wildcat name which became .22-250
    Note: 22 rcfm is the wildcat name which became .22 rem jet

Stray dies which may make your set complete.

22H 218 Bee 219 Zipper 243 RC 243 SuRC 244 imp 6mm-284 25-20 250 HLDR
    260 AAR 6.5 M/M 6.5x55 swede 284 Win 7x57 7 mm ack 7 mm-350R 7x61 S&H
    7.5 SR 7.65 Argy/Belgium 7.65 Mauser 7.7 Jap (seating dies only!) .30-06 Imp
    300 A MG 30 B NEWT 30-338 300 Mag Neck 7.5 SR 303 Br 32 Win Spl 8x58R
    8x68 8x68R 8 mm-338 348 Win 35 Rem 35 Whelen 358 Norma 458 Win Mag

These rules apply:
    1. I am giving it away to someone that needs or wants what I am giving away. 2. "I'll take it" doesn't necessarily rule. The giver can "pass" on recipients calling "I'll take it!" 3. The person giving the item pays the shipping so the item is always worth the shipping. 4. The person receiving the gift is not obligated to give anything.

If you want to donate postage, just make a donation to Cast Boolits! Don't PM or email me!

One final note!
    This drawing is open to new or old members. No length of membership or minimum number of posts is required.
    Since I am paying the postage for SFRBs to send this out, I will limit you to a single SFRB, so ask for what you want!
    I probably made a number of errors or mistakes in posting this so I will edit it as I feel like! It will take me many months to clean up, sort, reassemble and box these dies and to finally mail them. So please give me many months to finish! I do not have the brass to test most of these dies. They may be scratched or otherwise worn out. However, unusable for a commercial reloader may be just fine for a hobbyist! There are many, many sets of some calibers!
    I guess I failed to mention there are close to 400 pounds of dies.
    Last edited by BrassMagnet; 04-12-2014 at 06:38 PM.

Boolit Buddy

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. I have been reloading for 30 years, and swaging for 25. Lately I have been having impure thoughts on changing perfectly good 40S&W brass into .452 projectiles, both to use in sabots for my muzzleloader and in my 45LC. I request a 44 expander die to swell the 40S&W brass to accept a lead core. The expander plug can be well worn, as I am thinking that I may have to chuck it in a drill press and sand a thousandth or two from it. Thanks, Z
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy".
    Ben Franklin

Boolit Buddy
    I have limited experience reloading and I have a single station press. It is a Lee challegner.
    380 Auto and 9mm, I desire to load the following rifle calibers and I would like die sets in these calibers:
    308. Thanks

Boolit Bub

My grandson was in the Army,82 Airborne, and now is going back to school, we have been loading on my single stage RCBS single stage. I would like to get him some dies of his own, he desires to load .45 ACP 9MM.pistol .223 rifle cartridges.
    I am looking for a used press for him also. Thanks Al
    Last edited by nightal; 03-21-2014 at 08:37 PM.

Vendor Sponsor

I am an experienced reloader and I have a single station press. It is a Bonanza co-ax and I have a progressive press. It is a Lee Loadmaster and i have a Lee turret cast iron press..

I desire to load the following rifle calibers and I would like die sets in these calibers:22-250, 256 win, and 308.

There is absolutely no reason I am more deserving of these than anyone else.

These are are calibers I desire and will acquire at some point.
    Thank you for what you are doing. Not just giving these away, but the way you are giving people a chance to get them.

I am an experienced boolit caster and I have a bottom pour lead pot. It is an old Lyman moldmaster XX which I had it go pop! and burned the cord off it a while back....Got a new cord for a coffee pot from Amazon and it is still working.......it's an oldie but a goodie!.
    I am an experienced boolit caster and I have more than one mould. They are: Lyman 225415, Lee 309-150F, Lee 22 Bator, Lyman, Lee SC 90361 160gr, Lee Ranch Dog custom .358-100 (6 cav), Lyman 311291 2c, Lee 358-105 sc, Lee 452-230TC 2c , a Lee BP boolit and a Lee round ball mold given to me by none other than our current benefactor, and a couple packed away waiting for me to get fully organized so I can used them again.
    I really need a mould in 6.5mm caliber for my 6.5 Grendel rifle .
    I have NO moulds for sale and I just haven't figured out how BrassMagnet does it yet!
    But am glad he does!!
    Guy
    Last edited by Thecyberguy; 03-15-2014 at 01:36 PM.
    Are you in need a pan lube cutter?
    I make custom made cutters in a cutting size of your choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please click on the link below . You will find a thread to post your order. Thank you.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...31#post2827331

Support our troops...they are somebody's kids!

Boolit Grand Master

Brass, you know me. I am a very experienced reloader, beginning swager, long time caster, and lover of the unusual. My gunsmith is making me a 25 Krag AI and I have a set of dies and a neck die. I have heard that someone (RCBS?) once made a forming die or die set. If you should come across one of these I would guess that there aint noone else interested! I sincerely doubt that you will fine one!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

I have limited experience reloading and I have a single station press. It is a Lee Breech-lok.

I desire to load the following pistol calibers and I would like die sets in these calibers: 38/357, 44 mag

I desire to load the following rifle calibers and I would like die sets in these calibers: 308

I have limited experience as a boolit caster and I do not have a lead pot yet.

I have limited experience as a boolit caster and I have more than one mould. They are: Lee TL452-230-2R, Lee TL452-200-SWC, LEE 457-405-F
    I really need a mould in _.460_ caliber for my rifle/pistol/

Boolit Master

41 Magnum

6.5 Remington Magnum
    25-06

I've been reloading off and on since the mid-80's. After college I didn't have space or time to get back into reloading, but have done so in the last year or so. My grandfather gave me his 6.5 Remington Magnum before he died but I did not get his dies, brass, etc, and have not shot it yet; a set of dies would greatly help this. I also have a 25-06 that I simply have never purchased dies for.

I'm asking for the .41 dies because a friend of mine has a .41 Magnum blackhawk. I'd like to surprise him with some ammo this summer, and dies would make that much easier.

edit: I have a rockchucker RCBS single-stage press.
    Last edited by C. Latch; 03-10-2014 at 10:21 PM.

Boolit Master
    You are setting a great example of generosity BrassMagnet!!!

I have limited experience reloading. I have a single stage press, it is a Lee Challenger.
    I have a turret press it is a Lee Turret.

38 spl/ 357 mag & 44 mag.

220 Swift & 6.5 Carcano Neck Sizer
    Last edited by Bored1; 03-16-2014 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Needs changed...
    “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master

I am a new reloader just getting started. I
    have a single station press. It is an rcbs jr .

_44 Mag____
    _45 LC____
    _____
    _____
    _I am a new boolit caster just getting started and I

have a bottom pour lead pot. It is a __Lee4-20___.

I claim this forum as my mentor

I do not have a local mentor and I desire one! Or at least contact with some nearby casters and reloaders.
    My location is __1 hour south of Rochester, NY________.

I acknowledge the rules. BrassMagnet, your generosity seems boundless. May I make a gift in Payitforward in response to your efforts?

Sincerely.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master

I have limited experience reloading and I have a single station press. It is a RCBS Rockchucker.
    I would actually call it more than limited, but less than expert.
    I know that safety comes first and to not take any load without verifying it somewhere else first.

I would call my boolit casting the same. I have more than limited, but less than expert experience and knowledge.
    I taught myself by what I learned here.
    I have a bottom pour pot. It is a Lee 4-20. I also use a stainless steel sauce pan and soup ladle to ladle pour when needed.

I desire Pistol dies for

380 Auto
    9 mm
    44 Mag

I desire Rifle dies for
    30-06
    and anything for 35 Whelen

Cast Boolits Search Tool

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Mold
    I have experience reloading 9mm and .223. I have a single station press. It is a LEE Classic.

I desire a bullet seating die in 9mm. current lee die sometimes causes issues
    Just bought my first SA, Ruger BlackHawk .357 Magnum.
    If I were to get .44 Mag dies, I would have to go out and get a Ruger Super BH Hunter.
    .30 carbine dies (also needed for M1 Carbine).
    .38 auto dies would be last.

I desire Rifle dies for the following rifle calibers and I would like die sets in these calibers:
    30-06, .308, and 30 carbine for my M1 carbine and M1 Garands (30.06 and .308) all from CMP.

I am a new boolit caster just getting started and I have a bottom pour lead pot. It is a Lee Pro 4-20 that hasn't been warmed up yet. Have accumulated 50lbs of range scrap, 30lbs smelted on the turkey fryer. 30 lbs of different lead from roto metals. First cast will be with their Lyman #2 so I start with a known quality pb.

I have a lee 356-125-2r and a NOE mould 358242 121 4 cavity. Both virgins.
    I need moulds for the .357 pistol.
    I need moulds for the .30 cal carbine and rifles.

No mentor in Pensacola but I believe this forum is next best. Don't have contributor logo with avatar because I used donate via paypal instead of joining.
    Last edited by Touchngo; 03-11-2014 at 02:59 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I have limited experience reloading and I have a single station press. It is a Lee Challenger.
    9mm, 38 SPL, 45 ACP

243, 270, 308, 22-250

I have limited experience as a boolit caster and I have a bottom pour lead pot. It is a LEE 4-20.

I have a local Mentor and my mentor is wife's cousin.

I have limited experience as a boolit caster and I have more than one mould. They are: Lee CTL312-160 and Lee C309-170.
    I really need a mould in 9mm, 38 SPL, 45 ACP caliber for my pistol.
    I really need a mould in .223, 243, 270, 308, 30-06 caliber for my rifle.
    Last edited by roscottjr; 03-13-2014 at 11:40 PM. Reason: add moulds

I've been reloading bout 12 years, casting my own bout 10. I have a single station press it's a Rockchucker. I also have a LEE 4-20 bottom pour pot.
    1)- 9mm, 2) 45 long colt, 3) 380 auto

1) 308, 2) 25/06, 3) 22-250,

I have more than one mould. They are: lee 45 ACP 230 RN, lee ,158 SWC, lee C324-175, lee 429-200RF, lee401-175-SWC,lee,457-405-f & 340-F, lee 30cal- 150-F,160-R and 2 Lyman moulds 22 cal 55grFN,GC & 44250 GC-HP
    I would love to have a moulds for 9mm, 380 & 270 win. I have a Rem. 700 in .270 win made in the early 70's that would be great to shoot some lead in. A mould for 45LC would be nice to.
    I deserve nothing, but any would sure be nice to have. Thank you for all that yhou do for this great fourm.

Mark

Hi BM.....

I am alaskanguy, and i have been reloading for about, well, let me see here, i am 52 or 53, and started reloading when I was in my early 20's... I am pretty much self taught, and learned many lessons the hard way. I have several presses, and have recently begun to cast for shotguns....

I could really use a set of 41 pistol dies for sizing my 410 shot shell brass shells... But i can live without if there is another that needs it more....

Thanks for doing this on the board BM...

AG

Ps... See what happens when I read without my bi-focals mr. Fairy... you were right...
    Last edited by AlaskanGuy; 03-11-2014 at 01:50 AM.

Boolit Mold
    I have limited experience reloading and
    I have a single station press. It is a Lee Classic Cast Single Stage Press.

38/357
    380 Auto
    30 Carbine

30 Carbine

I am a new boolit caster just getting started and
    I have a mould LEE 452-230-TC
    I have only casted twice and I will say it is an
    art that must be mastered.

I would really like a mould in 9mm caliber for my rifle/pistol/both.
    I would really like a mould in 7.62x39 caliber for my rifle/pistol/both.
    I would really like a mould in 223 caliber for my rifle/pistol/both.

I've been a member for a while, but I've not posted much/at all. Mostly just read the articles, reloading problems, and all the great reloading/casting data. I currently reload for 9mm, 223, and 45acp. My 45acp load works great, still learning on the others. I have a trade in the works for a Hornady L&L press from a friend, we'll see how that goes.

I am an experienced reloader and I have a single station press. It is an RCBS Rockchucker.
    I desire to load the following rifle calibers
    .243 Winchester
    .264 Winchester
    .270 Winchester

I am a new boolit caster just getting started and
    I have a mould LEE TL 358-158SWC, 356-124 2R and 533 410m
    I have only casted twice (including today) and I will say it is an
    art that must be mastered.
    I would like to have a mold for 30 caliber flat nose (30-30)
    All government without the consent of the governed is the very definition of slavery - Jonathan Swift
    You have enemies? Good, it means you've done something with your life - Winston Churchill

Boolit Mold
    I am an experienced reloader and I
    have a single station press. It is a RCBS Rockchucker.

222 rem
    22H ( stray dies)

I desire to load the following pistol calibers and I would like die sets in these calibers
    38/357

I have more than one mould. They are: ___lee 459-405-HB. Lee 429-214-swc. Lee 425-200-swc.
    I really need a mould in __22___ caliber for my rifle. (Please bold and underline as appropriate!)

I have a local Mentor and my mentor is sharpsshooter.

Boolit Man
    I have limited experience reloading and I
    have a single station press. It is a old Hornady Pacific
    45 Colt
    Last edited by deerspy; 03-11-2014 at 09:23 PM.

Boolit Master

BrassMagnet
    Thanks for what you are doing here on helping hands, you are a very generous man.

I am an experienced reloader and caster. My presses are a RCBS RC, Reloader special with piggy back, have my son's Dillon 650 and a loaner 1050 (be a sad day when the guy wants it back). Casting includes Saeco pot, molds include a couple 30cal, 243, 9mm, 38/357, 41mag, 44mag, 45acp (would love to try a 6.5 mold for my old Swede).

I desire to load the following rifle calibers and I would like die sets in these calibers: 6.5x55mm if no one else request them.

Could also us a couple of RCBS pistol expander die bodies without expander. Will be using the bodies for M die expander.

wcp

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast