Snyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionLoad DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: Tucson GTG

Boolit Master

Tucson GTG

OK, guys, so there's a Gun Show (RoadRunner) in Tucson 29-30 March. Breakfast, Gun Show, Shoot, what more could we ask? If interested, I'll scout out a breakfast nook for us. Or a Lunch nook, if that might be more desirable. Lunch, GS, Southeast Regional Park Shooting range. Early lunch, maybe 1130, to give us time at the GS with enough time left over for shooting @ SERPSR. Or whatever... Palaver is important, and we need sufficient time for that, too, so the sched might be modified...
    And here's a picture of the (rebuilt) Zane Grey Cabin, at Payson...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZGCabin.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	98305
    Last edited by Echo; 03-02-2014 at 10:25 AM.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

I'd be up for it
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

As of right now it sounds good to me. Depends on how SWMBO spends when we go to my granddaughter's birthday

Its too early to tell for me, but I would like to make it.
    I learned a new word today...palaver
    Anyway that may give you guys enough time to practice for that trophy!!

az-jim
    "You believe these people exist to provide you with position, I believe your position exists to provide these people with FREEDOM"

FREEEEEEEEDOMM-William Wallace

Name:	IMG_20140307_125225_793.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	99006

The bullet is done! Now to mount it to a piece of wood, it looks awesome, at about 4.75 tall. When I get the base finished I will post another pic.

az-jim
    "You believe these people exist to provide you with position, I believe your position exists to provide these people with FREEDOM"

Quote Originally Posted by AZ-JIM View Post

The bullet is done! Now to mount it to a piece of wood, it looks awesome, at about 4.75 tall. When I get the base finished I will post another pic.

az-jim
    That is cool as hell!

az-jim
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbieDave007 View Post
    That is cool as hell!
    The boss saw it when I walked out Friday, his eyes lit up a little and the first thing he said was "We could make a cannon for that....." Its probably a good thing we stay busy, bored fabricators can get in trouble.

So what is the theme for this go around? Same as last time since we didnt get to shoot?

az-jim

So what is the theme for this go around? Same as last time since we didnt get to shoot?

az-jim
    Sure that was pistol calibers in handgun or rifle.
    I imagine anything will work though.
    je suis charlie

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master

So how about lunch, then a trek to the range and see who can keep them out of the white. For those who want to, there is a gunshow (Roadrunner, I think) that weekend that could be attended before lunch or after shooting. Lunch @ 1130, shoot @ 1430, cry @ 1600 over adult beverages, and home in the dark. Or some other timetable.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Where's Lunch at?
    je suis charlie

Boolit Master

Two choices, both fairly centrally located between Range & GS.
    1. Golden Corral cafeteria on 22nd St.
    2. Risky Business restaurant/sports bar on Craycroft north of DMAFB.
    I'm acey-deucy about a choice. Both are about equal in accessability. Whatever the majority wants, but I lean toward Risky's.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U

If anyone wants to ride down to Tucson get to gether from Phoenix area I should be able to help a soul or two get there and back.
    je suis charlie

Boolit Master

Bump. Any more takers?
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U

I've been working a ton of hours and that weekend looks like another heavy one, but I will know more that week.

I hope I can but I'm not holding my breath.

Seems that SWMBO forgot to mention that we have an appointment with a tax accountant on Saturday. Not just for the filing of this year, but we have some estate from my MIL that we need how best to handle, so it is a large block of time set aside. I will not be able to make this one.
    Last edited by Pinsnscrews; 03-24-2014 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Appointment just found out about

Not worth it to me if it's just ED and ME - come one guys anyone else going to Tucson meet up?
    je suis charlie

I have about two weeks worth of work to get done before next Monday so I'm unfortunately out. Sorry.

Boolit Master

I guess it's a washout, Art. We'll try again sometime - I was hoping to put that trophy on my bookcase! (I guess it should be a travelling trophy, going to the winner of each meeting)

Ed, AKA
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U

Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    I guess it's a washout, Art. We'll try again sometime - I was hoping to put that trophy on my bookcase! (I guess it should be a travelling trophy, going to the winner of each meeting)

Ed, AKA
    Yes, that is the idea.
    I procured a nice piece of hickory for a base, I need to cut it out, sand and finish it, then talk to a buddy about laser engraving the Cast Boolit logo on it.

az-jim