WidenersLoad DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: Ranch Dog Molds

Boolit Mold

Ranch Dog Molds

New here, my first post. I hope I am in the right area for my post. I am looking for a Ranch Dog Mold in 45/70 as I have heard that they are the only ones who make a 350 grain or there abouts mold for the 45/70 with a gas check. I have an old Marlin 1895 that absolutely will not shoot heavier bullets. With the 300 or 350 grain jacketed bullets I get real respectable groups at 100 yards. I am not "married" to having a Ranch Dog mold, but am definitely looking for a mold in the 350 grain range that I can gas check also. Any ideas. If this is the wrong forum for this I apologize, just let me know and I will try another forum. Thank you.

Boolit Bub
    The only two places that I know to get RD moulds is from NOE. http://noebulletmolds.com or have Lee make you one via their custom mould services. NOE has the .45 cal in stock now.

Boolit Master
    NOE has RD design #460-350 in stock. RCBS has it's 45-300 FN to fit your description. Saeco has the #017, a 350 FNGC. Tom, at Accurate, offers too many to list here. Check NEI' catalog. LBT can make whatever suits your needs...
    You'll definitely find what you're after at these places, the hard part will be deciding which to choose.
    Do yourself a favor and read some of the many conversations here relating to your Marlin before you decide.
    Have fun and good luck.

Boolit Grand Master

Big fan of Ranch Dog's 460-350. Mine was made for him by Lee but I think the NOE copy is a better way to go.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

In Remembrance

The RD moulds are tumble lubed designed, however I run mine through my lubesizer using a. 310 die and use stick lube. Just my preference.

Boolit Grand Master
    Just got rid of a "real" RD 350 mould. Gave it away. I still have the NOE version and a 425 RD mould by Lee. I currently use a different mould for all my 45-70 shooting, it is very similar to the NOE 460405 plain base. Awesome bullet.
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DLCTEX View Post
    The RD moulds are tumble lubed designed, however I run mine through my lubesizer using a. 310 die and use stick lube. Just my preference.
    Wow! That must take some arm strength to get a .45 cal bullet through that 0.310 die!