RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersLoad Data
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 48 of 116 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898 ... LastLast

Thread: What Powder Did You Buy Today?

Boolit Master
    Hi...

Saw some Unique at a LGS on Friday. I have plenty, so I didn't buy any.
    Other irons in the fire this week...was at cabela's in Hamburg, Pa Saturday evening. Various rifle powders on hand, essentially no handgun powders available.

My son bought some 12ga. slugs to try out in his Mossberg tactical shotgun.

Finally bit the bullet and bought a Hornady progressive press...my son and I split the tariff ($476 OTD for the basic press). Now I need to build or buy a new bench to set it up. My current bench is full. I have a 12x12 room devoted to reloading and a couple other hobbies, so space is available for a new bench dedicated to a progressive set-up.
    We will buy the case feeder and bullet feeder as funds allow. Probably start off with .45ACP and add shell plates and calibers over time.

This will be a fun project for my son and I. He is certainly excited to start. The way he goes through ammunition, it is time he learned to load his own. When he is good to go on loading handgun ammunition on the progressive, that will free me up to reload rifle ammunition.

Boolit Man

Saturday, Bought a Pound of each, steel,Bullseye,Red Dot at LGS.

Boolit Buddy
    Score 8lbs Unique, 2lbs Bullseye. First time seeing 8lb keg at LGS!

5 lbs or Red Dot at Ballistic Products.
    I figure that is enough to run me with no resupply for at least 5 years or longer.

Lead, primers already stocked up on.

Boolit Buddy
    Cabelas in PA tonight had H110. Some came home with me.

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Bought None, have to load what is on hand first, I'm only 59, so may live long enough! Not bragging, just the facts. To the casting furnace,mule,to the furnace!! Hahaha!!!
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Master
    Six containers of Trail Boss and three pounds of RL 7.
    Moving back to Alaska

Boolit Man

2# of W296 and 3# of IMR SR4759 at the LGS......both nearly $30 a pound though. But i have never tried W296 before and my .454 Raging Bull needs feeding.

Oh...and a pound of Bullseye..
    Last edited by rupe01; 05-05-2015 at 04:26 PM.

Boolit Master
    Tried to order 3lbs of wsf at pv but someone hit order before i did. Looked today at third generation and scored a 4lb jug of it so im good for a while. Prices were resonable.

Half the year in Canada and the other half in Mexico
    2 lbs of 800X and 1 lb of American Select. Now all I have to do is find some 45 colt loads with the AmSEL. Trying to find Red or Green Dot here is pointless

Local gun store had several 8lb jugs of Titegroup on sale for $122 and a bunch of 1lb bottles of CFE Pistol for $20. He also had International, Longshot, and HS6. I was looking for small pistol primers and wouldn't you know, he didn't have any of those.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    Local gun store had several 8lb jugs of Titegroup on sale for $122 and a bunch of 1lb bottles of CFE Pistol for $20. He also had International, Longshot, and HS6. I was looking for small pistol primers and wouldn't you know, he didn't have any of those.
    Lucky

Boolit Master
    Went looking around the gun shops in Mountain Home Arkansas today and saw a lot of powder of all kinds.Picked up 2 pounds of Bullseye to replace what i have been using over the last year or so......Terry

Boolit Master

I got two pounds of Unique from a Sportsmans warehouse grand opening. They also had two Bullseye. The guy behind me got the Bullseye.

Today I got a pound of Winchester Supreme W780. Possibly the very last can of it if rumours are true that Hodgdon are dropping it among a few others. I already have a nearly full can of it which I am still to load up for my 25-303.

I originally got it for paper patched loads because of it being a slow ball powder. I have done a few test tube tests with it but now I'm more interested in it for the 25-303 as it seams I can squeeze a bit more velocity out of it without increasing pressure. According to the loading tables it is the top performer in some cartridges with some bullet weights and the 25 looks like one of them (have to extrapolate for it). Well, if it doesn't perform in the 25 it surely will in the 303 with heavier bullets? It should also be good for cast boolits and must be good for paper patched. We'll see.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Boolit Master
    Bought half pound of win231 from the late 70's for 10 bucks. I mostlybought it for the can but the powder still smells good and looksnormal. Load em up

Boolit Master

Found a 4# of Power Pistol and bought one of the two 1# of Bullseye. Thought I would be kind to the next guy. If it's still there in a day or two when I go back then the next guy was too slow!!!
    Disclaimer: Reloading and casting I only look at cents/round and ignore any other costs

2 lbs 2400 , new stock, what a surprise..

Boolit Master
    I'm getting tired of chasing powder. Not sure why I need more. I just went to play around and expermmiment with a few others. Guess now isn't a good time

Boolit Buddy
    Unique, IMR 4227 and IMR 4064 from Brownells. They have Bullseye in stock, too.