Lee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: Cast bullet data for shooters world powder

Boolit Buddy

Cast bullet data for shooters world powder

I am curious if anyone has come across or has data for cast bullets with shooters world powder, I am looking for 308, 303 for 170-210gr bullets, currently I use reddot unique
    ,2400 and IMR4227

Update to be more clear of what I am looking for

Is load data replicating “max/minimum” for reddot, unique, 2400, and IMR4227 using shooters world powders that would be close to these powders I am trying to figure out potential replacements for these incase I can’t get them when the stash runs low.

For the fallowing molds
    311041 aproximate weight of 175gr
    Lee 185gr 312 mold at around 185gr
    Lyman 311299/314299 at 215 for 303 and 208 for 308
    Last edited by RyanJames170; Yesterday at 10:28 PM.

Boolit Master
    Your post is very vague on what you really want.

For Red Dot, one the most common approaches would be to just use 13 gr (i.e. "the load"). Clean Shot performs a lot like Red Dot.

For the 308 with 13 gr of Red Dot under a 170 gr boolit with 0.347 seating depth, Quickload (QL) predicts 1675 fps from a 22" barrel with a 37700 psi chamber pressure.

To get the same speed, QL says to use a charge of 13.2 of Clean Shot. Pressure drops to 35400 psi.

For a 308 with 13 gr of Red Dot under a 210 gr boolit with a 0.404" seating depth, QL predicts 1512 fps with a 40000 psi chamber pressure.

To get the same speed, QL says to use a charge of 13.1 of Clean Shot. Pressure drops to 38300 psi.

For the 303 with 13 gr of Red Dot under a 185 gr boolit with a 0.370" seating depth, QL predicts 1615 fps with a 38700 psi chamber pressure from a 22" barrel.

To get the same speed, QL says to use a charge of 13.2 gr of Clean Shot. Pressure drops to 36600 psi.

From the above, it looks like 13.2 gr of Clean Shot will come real close to duplicating "the load" with a slightly lower chamber pressure. One item to note is that Clean Shot is not as bulky as Red Dot. Powder position sensitivity could be an issue.

For the other three powders you listed, you can push for a little more velocity. However, since I have no clue what you really want I will not go through the gazillion of runs needed to cover all of the possibilities.

Now if your have a handful of specific loads that perform very good, using QL to try to find "duplicate" loads with an alternate powder is pretty easy.

Boolit Master
    Shooters World Buffalo Rifle is practically the same as AA 5744. You can use 5744 load data for cast loads with SW Buffalo. Shooters World Blackout is similar to, but not the same as AA1680. If substituting SW Blackout for 1680 start at the lowest listed load for 1680 (or maybe even a grain or two below the lowest 1680 load) and work up from there. Along with the powders that the OP listed, Reloader #7 is also a very good cast bullet powder.

If you haven't done so already, buy a copy of the Lyman 4th Edition Cast Bullet Handbook.

Boolit Bub

Quote Originally Posted by 405grain View Post
    Shooters World Buffalo Rifle is practically the same as AA 5744. You can use 5744 load data for cast loads with SW Buffalo...
    If you haven't done so already, buy a copy of the Lyman 4th Edition Cast Bullet Handbook.
    I'll second what 405grain states. I've been using AA5744 data for Buffalo Rifle (Lovex D060) and can't see any difference. 308, 30-06, 8x57, 8x56R, 45-70 Use starting load data and work up to a safe level you like. I don't go all the way to the MAX listed, but you should be working up with a new powder load anyway and stop before you create an unsafe combo.

Boolit Buddy
    I've been looking around the powder sites for Shooters World Buffalo aka Lovex D060 for sale and its not anywhere I've looked. Also missing is H4895 .

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by P Flados View Post
    Your post is very vague on what you really want.

For Red Dot, one the most common approaches would be to just use 13 gr (i.e. "the load"). Clean Shot performs a lot like Red Dot.

For the 308 with 13 gr of Red Dot under a 170 gr boolit with 0.347 seating depth, Quickload (QL) predicts 1675 fps from a 22" barrel with a 37700 psi chamber pressure.

To get the same speed, QL says to use a charge of 13.2 of Clean Shot. Pressure drops to 35400 psi.

For a 308 with 13 gr of Red Dot under a 210 gr boolit with a 0.404" seating depth, QL predicts 1512 fps with a 40000 psi chamber pressure.

To get the same speed, QL says to use a charge of 13.1 of Clean Shot. Pressure drops to 38300 psi.

For the 303 with 13 gr of Red Dot under a 185 gr boolit with a 0.370" seating depth, QL predicts 1615 fps with a 38700 psi chamber pressure from a 22" barrel.

To get the same speed, QL says to use a charge of 13.2 gr of Clean Shot. Pressure drops to 36600 psi.

From the above, it looks like 13.2 gr of Clean Shot will come real close to duplicating "the load" with a slightly lower chamber pressure. One item to note is that Clean Shot is not as bulky as Red Dot. Powder position sensitivity could be an issue.

For the other three powders you listed, you can push for a little more velocity. However, since I have no clue what you really want I will not go through the gazillion of runs needed to cover all of the possibilities.

Now if your have a handful of specific loads that perform very good, using QL to try to find "duplicate" loads with an alternate powder is pretty easy.
    When I get home from taking my pregnant wife to the ER I will send you a more detailed PM to what I am looking for,

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 405grain View Post
    Shooters World Buffalo Rifle is practically the same as AA 5744. You can use 5744 load data for cast loads with SW Buffalo. Shooters World Blackout is similar to, but not the same as AA1680. If substituting SW Blackout for 1680 start at the lowest listed load for 1680 (or maybe even a grain or two below the lowest 1680 load) and work up from there. Along with the powders that the OP listed, Reloader #7 is also a very good cast bullet powder.

I do actually and I wish Lyman would update it with some of the “new” powders that we have to choose from these days, especially when we are left buying what’s available vs what we really want. If I had my choice I would only buy red dot, unique, 2400, IMR4227, IMR3031 how ever availablity of these has quite sadly sucked

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedly View Post
    I've been looking around the powder sites for Shooters World Buffalo aka Lovex D060 for sale and its not anywhere I've looked. Also missing is H4895 .
    I’d love to get my hands on some H4895 to test out in my 308, 303

Boolit Mold
    I don't know if it will help but, I found this quite a while back for Shooters World powders. Here's the burn rate comparison chart.

https://shootersworldpowder.com/cani...pellants/#burn

Boolit Bub

Deleted due to suspicious links.
    Last edited by K43; Today at 12:54 AM.

Boolit Master

Midwest reloads will not accept credit cards. Makes me suspicious. Anyone dealed with these folks before?

Boolit Master
    K43
    Where did you come up with your list?
    Is this just a Google search result, or have you actually done business with any of these sites - which by the way, look pretty sketchy?

For instance: mpreloadersupplies.com
    If you look up the phone number on their site, you can find this -

According to BBB records, this business is not operating at the address indicated on their website and attempts to contact the business have been unsuccessful. BBB complaints indicate consumers placed online orders and paid via PayPal, Zelle or Cash App but never received their merchandise.
    Last edited by obssd1958; Today at 12:47 AM.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Bub

Deleted all the links.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by K43 View Post
    Deleted all the links.
    Thank you!
    Appreciate your trying to help though!

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown