Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan Reloading
WidenersLee PrecisionRepackboxInline Fabrication
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 94950515253545556575859
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1180

Thread: Welcome aboard to all new members

Cast Boolits Owner

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you here.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Mold
    Good morning to all;

I am a 5th generation Floridian, NRA Life member, participated in 4 position matches in the Explorer scouts, 9th bar sharpshooter. Later I became a trapshooter. Went to the Grand American. About 200,000 registered shells. I have been through a long list of ranges of ranges, joined, enjoyed and sold out from under. County promised a public range for 40 years, we now have that.

I have shot almost anything that can be put to the shoulder or hand. Traveled over a large portion of the world.

Thanks to all for the range of knowledge expressed here.

Always store beer in a dark cool place.

Welcome aboard Plugs and muffs. Lots of knowledge here but if you can't find an answer to a question just ask, someone will have an answer or direct you to it. There are no dumb questions ask here.

I would add on the beer advice, .... away from the neighbors.

Steve

Boolit Mold
    Hey all,

Thank you for approving the membership.
    New to CB and hope to learn a bit... especially in the dark art of casting and older powder cartridges.
    My main set up has been LR target / hunting, my cartridges list as it stands; 22LR / .303 / 8x57js / 7.5x55 Swiss / 6.5x55se / .308 win / 7mm RM / 7mm RUM / .300PRC / .375HH / 12Ga / (with the newest acquisition being the reason for joining) .45.70govt [Pedersoli "John Bodine" RB 30"]...

I live in Australia, so there is a fair wait for the permit approvals, but no doubt there will be questions that spring to mind.
    Cheers all

A.K.A Jeff Holt
    Hi everyone,

Glad to be on board with you all.

My husband has been trying to get me to join this forum for years.

Take Care and God Bless you all.

Cast Boolits Owner

Quote Originally Posted by SixGunSally View Post
    Hi everyone,

Glad to be on board with you all.

My husband has been trying to get me to join this forum for years.

Take Care and God Bless you all.
    It’s quite the coincidence that you waited to join until the day he was banned…..
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Quote Originally Posted by No_1 View Post
    It’s quite the coincidence that you waited to join until the day he was banned…..
    Who's SixGunSallys husband?

Hello everyone, my name is Dan.
    I'm not new to shootin, but definitely new to casting. New(er) to reloading, despite having done some in years past. Please consider my skillset as "green" as I now venture into the realm of not just reloading, but also casting and coating.

Currently, I live in the greater Los Angeles area, deep in Commiefornia(but certainly don't vote blue !)
    Born and raised here, maybe not for much longer... I have my own small business and remaining in California still has some benefits that outweigh the drawbacks(which are only increasing, sadly).

I'll be asking questions as I can in the various places and discussions, but I really enjoy networking with people, so if anyone locally(San Bernardino, Los Angeles, Riverside, Orange counties) would like to show a greenhorn some knowledge, I'd be happy to learn whatever is willing to be taught. I'm an eager beaver to learning, so while my questions might seem numerous to some, it comes from a place of keen interest

I look forward to contributing as I can, but soaking in some new knowledge from what I can read here.

blessings,
    Dan

Boolit Mold
    Hello folks! New guy here... I am a retired engineer and have been shooting since my Dad gave me a .22 Stevens bolt action when I was 6 years old. I love 1911s and BHPs as well as long guns. I have been reloading since the late 70's and just recently moved from my Rockchucker to a Dillon 750. One thing I have never done is any boolit casting! Looking forward to all the knowledge on this forum! Danny

Hello, everyone i am new here been looking around the last few months but have posted yet.. i am in southeastern, Indiana born and raised in Indiana I own and operate Indiana wildlife control services here in southeastern Indiana..

Any ??s feel free to ask..

little more about me ...Well Married 19 years come March an 2 teenage kids .. hobbies hunting fishing trapping and reloading and horse riding and such with the wife .. I was in the army 62b and growing up i worked on farms and had a great mentor born 1919 that taught me alot fabricating and welding and about life he passed away in 04 .. after getting out of the service i was introduced to catfishing on the Ohio river so we moved closer and closer to the river now just 10 mins from the boat ramp..

business well i am a licensed by IDNR nuisance wildlife control operator. If someone has a problem with bats,beavers,muskrats,raccoons,skunks,squrrels and so on they can hire me to come in and trap and remove them and then we offer the service of repairing any damages caused to the home and also can do work to help prevent anything from happening in the future..

Boolit Mold
    Greetings to All,
    Very long time lurker here. Finally got off my butt and registered. So, kind of old/new stock.
    About me - Located in the upstate of SC, heavily involved in my club (Belton) as a match director, board member, and related activities. Also heavily involved in our state high-power rifle association (PSMA).
    My primary (some would say consuming) focus is NRA/CMP high power competition. XTC & mid-range prone. DR badge and HM with service rifle. Dabbled a few years with match rifle, back to service nowadays. I'm primarily active on the National Match.com forum.
    Also, deep into small bore prone nowadays. Probably one of the most demanding disciplines I have ever shot. Wish I started it sooner.

What about casting?
    Yes, I cast. I started many moons ago in hi-skool under the tutelage of my shop teacher. It came with the basics of reloading. Back then it was just for pistol. Lots and lots of 38 wadcutters. Back then we got extra credit in class for processing his brass and casting bullets. Good times.
    Fast forward to the modern era...I mainly cast for rifle, specifically 30 cals (M1 and 1903A3's). That is actually what brought me to this site many years ago. Trying to find a cast load that would work reliably in an M1...well I found it! The Bob-S load was the answer...still is the answer today.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cast 1903A3.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	323348

In conclusion, Over the years that I have lurked here. This site and its contributors have been invaluable to me. Lots of useful information. But lurking is ok for passive information gathering, but sometimes you got to get out and get active...and interact with folks. So here I am...

Welcome to the Castboolits Forum, Sir.

DG

Boolit Mold
    Hello, first time user here--and computer illiterate to boot. Right now trying to navigate and figure things out. Have been reloading for 50 some years. was lead this way by someone who said that someone on this forum had a line on a good cannelure tool.

Boolit Mold
    Hey everyone!

New here and new to casting. I've been buying and shooting more old war rifles lately and I'm finally getting around to casting bullets for them.

I appreciate the info I've found while lurking over the past few weeks and I'm sure I'll be reading plenty more as I start casting!

Boolit Mold
    Just wanted to stop by a say hi to all of y’all. Long time lurker who finally decided to really start reloading. I’ve been target shooting and hunting all of my life, but never really got into reloading on my own. My best friend and I growing up split the cost for a rock chucker setup for our .308s and kept it in his workshop, but eventually I moved away and he kept the reloading setup since he was using it more than me and had the shop already setup for it. I would still have him reload some for me over the decades but I never really got into reloading myself. Now I’m finally going to get my own setup going, mostly planning on .38 special to start, then moving into various milsurp calibers, especially 303 and 6.5 Swede. I’m not quite ready to jump into casting myself, but maybe I will in the future. Thankfully I’ve had enough false starts with reloading over the years that I already have a little stash of various powders and primers from back when they were cheaper.

Boolit Mold
    Glad to be here. I recently began acquiring the materials to begin casting my own boolits. It’s good to be here, and I’m reading stickies to learn all I can.

I joined about 2 years ago...I think...but only recently did my first and second try on casting. Thanks to the help of many who welcomed me to the forum I was able to produce about 80 bullets. Great to be here.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    Hello folks, joined up today. Reloading for a long while. Dabbled with casting, more and more. Paper patched 45-70. Finally found a 311-041 PLAIN BASE mould, . Now scrounging for pewter.

It's a disease.

Currently casting for 300BO, Subs of course, and 22LR - Center Fire.........

Just one of the many out of the basket of deplorables!!

Welcome aboard Muffin. There are no dumb questions and if you don't get an answer you'll get a link to the answer. Be sure to read the rules for Swapin and Sellin. (S&S) and TOS and you will be ready to go. We !oderators are here to help so just ask if you need any.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 94950515253545556575859