PBcastcoRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWideners
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1176

Thread: Welcome aboard to all new members

Boolit Mold
    Hello all, new member here.

Oldish enginner living in the Ohio. Love hunting, shooting, anything that I can do with my hands.

Started reloading in 2021 out of necessity and now moving to casting.

Been lurking a while so, might as well join the team.

Thanks,
    Chuck S.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by CFE223 View Post
    Hello all, new member here.

Oldish enginner living in the Ohio. Love hunting, shooting, anything that I can do with my hands.

Started reloading in 2021 out of necessity and now moving to casting.

Been lurking a while so, might as well join the team.

Thanks,
    Chuck S.
    Hi Chuck, I too have been lurking alot up here in Michigan, it's time for me to start joining the conversations.

Hello
    I've been reading your posts for a long time
    and decided to reveal myself.
    Owning a gun in my country, (Poland)
    has been possible for some time.
    So I shoot, reload ammo
    I'm reading and learning, so forgive me if I'm asking too simple/stupid questions.
    I'm sorry my English is Google

Boolit Mold
    New guy here from East Texas. I started casting in the mid 70s. Mostly for black powder cartridges. I have dropped in here for ideas ranging from alloy blends/hardness to lubes. Getting into polymer coatings, and all the answers appear to be right here.

Welcome aboard sir. There is plenty of subjects to research on most things casting and loading. The PC info alone will get you started and keep you entertained for many days.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Banned
    I guess I'm guilty of lurking, so finally I signed up.

Boolit Mold
    Hi all, another lurker… just registered. Just fired off some rounds in a 1873 French Ordnance revolver and I am hooked. Dug out my old 74/80 French Gras in 11x59 and can’t wait to feed her some handloads.. Learned a lot by lurking, hope I won’t be too much of a pest asking you all to share some knowledge if I need some help!!! Glad to be here!!!

Welcome Clete,

If you have lurked here long you know there are no dumb questions. If you don't get an answer you'll probably get a link to a thread with the answer and more. Be sure to read the rules and just enjoy the trip.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Howdy y'all! I just purchased a Remington Army 1858 replica from Pietta, and I was on another site (HVAC-talk) and was telling my friends there about my new pistol. A fellow named Filthy is also on that site and he turned me on to this place as I've never loaded black powder before. After about a week of figuring out what I was doing wrong, I just now got everything straightened out. This place seems to be the Bible when it comes to reloading and casting bullets. Thank y'all for letting me bend your ear a little bit... I am a veteran, retired refrigeration mechanic. Was in the army (6/9 field artillery) in the '70s. I also enjoy ham radio (W4NMT) I'm looking forward to learning more about casting bullets. Thanks in advance. Looks like a great site.

I'm still getting set up here. Can anybody tell me why my signature is not showing up when I post?
    Real radios glow in the dark.
    Got lead balls?

Oh never mind...
    Got lead balls?

Please spank me if I'm posting in the wrong area.
    As I mentioned earlier, I am a newbie to black powder, and ordered some number 10 percussion caps from an online dealer. This was almost 2 weeks ago. They have my credit card information. The last that I heard from them about a week ago was that my order was" in processing". I have several requests for updates on the progress of my order and 4 days ago I was told it was" in processing". I don't want to bad mouth anybody without them here to defend themselves, as I realize stuff happens, but I'm beginning to get concerned at the lack of communications. Should I be?
    Got lead balls?

I'll keep it simple.
    1851 Navy
    Martini Enfield 303 custom
    Ser. 70 MK IV Gov. 45ACP
    BSA CF2 .270 Win

All have been fed cast boolits at some point.

I'm in Kent Washington near lake Meridian.

I'm retired

Boolit Mold
    Hi, all. Visited off and on for MANY years now and finally decided to join to interact directly. Thanks for all the great base of information to go from.

Boolit Mold
    Hello all. Been lurking for a while and decided to come out of the shadows. In NC.

Boolit Bub
    been lurking for years but just gifted a pot and some lead.
    my uncle used to cast all the time (blow torch and dipper)
    but i never paid much attention although it was cool, wish i had his 30 cal molds,
    anyway started casting 45 228's and it's going good but as i never got into mixing alloy, whats the best to buy from rotometals?
    i will be staying well under 1000 fps more like around 700 fps

thanks and good to be here

Boolit Mold
    G'day all TAC here been away from boolt casting for 23 odd years I used to cast for 38spl and 45APC .

Cheers Tac
    Last edited by Tackleberry.45; 06-14-2023 at 05:15 AM.

Welcome guys from the woods of NW FL.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Mold
    Hello from the Land of 10,000 Lakes and the home of the state bird, The Mosquito. Retired truck driver and don't miss it at all. Ben lurking as long as there has been Wi-Fi along the interstate hiways. Time to join up. Reloading since 1986 so know some but have more to learn. Thanks for having me.

New to the CB site. Been around on various other places on social media going all the way back to Myspace. I still maintain a presence on Facebook since it helps me rehome foster kitties when I was fostering for a couple city owned animal shelters. If it wasn't for the possibility that I might foster again, I would get off of FB probably. LOL I hung out on Gun and Game forum for a long time, but after their left leaning ownership took control, there was much less of interest for me over there. I was "ChaZam" on Gun & Game also. I hang out on Gab some. Interested in lots of different firearms and am currently rounding up parts and pieces to assemble some AR style firearms. I also have procured a Lee Cast Turret press, some dies, other reloading tools, some components, a tumbler, etc and intend to get back into reloading a few calibers after about a 40 year break. I have firearms in 22LR, 22WMR, 380 ACP, 9x19, 10MM, 357 Magnum, 41 Magnum, 45 Colt, 5.56 x 45 NATO, 223 Wylde, 224 Valkyrie, 6.5 Crendel, 6.5 Creedmoor, 28 Gauge, 12 Gauge, 8 MM Mauser, 7.62 x 54R, and probably some more I cannot think of offhand. LOL Hopefully I can gain some knowledge from a few CB regulars.

Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859 LastLast