RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackbox
Load DataTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners
Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1176

Thread: Welcome aboard to all new members

Cast Boolits Owner

Welcome aboard! Hang out, follow the rules, interact and have fun!
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Greetings, thanks for adding me to the site. I don't cast now but with all this great info I see it in the future.

Saguarokid,

Welcome aboard, be sure to read the rules and there are no dumb questions here.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Buddy
    Guess this is where newbies introduce themselves. I've been lurking here for a long time and have spent countless hours searching through the mountains of info available here and appreciate the information and enterainment derived from it all. I have been reloading since 1975 and started casting shortly after but never at a volume rate like many on here so just a few hundred of this or that when needed. I lack the space to keep a permanent casting set up and have kept gear and tools at minimum. I load for 16 cartridges from .222 to 45-70 and cast for all except 22 and 6mm. Have two old Lee furnaces 10# and 20# and a Lyman 450 and enough ww, pb and monotype letters to keep the 18 or so molds going for awhile. Having recently retired I expect to be doing more casting and shooting (primer supply withstanding) so thought it was a good time to join.

Boolit Mold
    Hello from New York, fairly new to reloading and can not believe the sheer
    Amount excellent information you guys have here, look forward to participating.

Hey y'all from the Gulf Coast. Brand new here, and I'm looking forward to getting my feet wet.

Phriday

Quote Originally Posted by Phriday View Post
    Hey y'all from the Gulf Coast. Brand new here, and I'm looking forward to getting my feet wet.

Phriday
    Welcome from the snowy waste-lands of Wyoming, from an ex-Southerner! Many very knowledged people here willing to share their knowledge and experiences! memtb
    You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“LETS GO BRANDON”

Boolit Mold
    Greetings to the People of Plumbum Prairie from Central Wisconsin. I'm a long time lurker who finally took the plunge and joined up. Looking forward to learning how to cast quality Boolits by drawing on the vast knowledge on this site. Thanks for having me!! Marty Robbins (live from beyond the tomb)

Welcome aboard....though it’s no place for a White Sportscoat! memtb
    You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“LETS GO BRANDON”

Boolit Mold
    The white sportscoat hides the big iron��

memtb

“LETS GO BRANDON”

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Robbins View Post
    The white sportscoat hides the big iron��
    memtb

“LETS GO BRANDON”

Hello from Southwest Florida

Hi everyone. I’ve been a frequent lurker for awhile, finding great information when I’m researching something boolit related. I’ve been reloading for a few years now, moving from jacketed and plated to lubed lead, and finally buying as-cast and doing my own powder coating and sizing. I have wanted to take the next logical step to casting for at least a year, but with the pandemic and difficulty in getting components, I kept putting it off but still looking for a good buy on used equipment. Anyway I finally found a pretty good startup lot of equipment and lead for a decent price. I’ve got some work to do in my shop area and I plan on doing a lot of reading before I get started, but I’m almost there.

I’d like to add that a bunch of guys over at my regular forum, S&W, helped convince me to join. I’m sure they are all on here too, so thanks guys.

Boolit Mold
    Good morning all, thanks for sharing your fire with me, I recon I will just watch the flames for a bit and then help with the cooking. I am from South Africa where the sun is hot and the beer cold.

Boolit Mold
    Howdy folks! Got my hands on a Henry 45-70 and some searches on reloading led me here. I'm ignorant, but I hope you'll have me. Might be looking at reloading in a lean time, and I've held off buying anything till I'm actually sure I need it. Anyway, Glad to meet y'all.

Welcome new members. Jump right in. We suggets you read a lot and ask questions. There are no dumb ones here just some that have been asked before. Some members will answer and some may direct you to the answer but either way we'll find it for you.

Be sure to read the rules

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/cmp...x.php?page=TOS

And

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...mp-Definitions

Or ask any Moderator for help!

Welcome aboard!
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Morning all,

Long time reader/lurker of the boards,finally decided to register and participate. Rather than just reading since I have found myself with an abundance of time on my hands since I got busted up in a bad hit&run auto accident April of last year and I’m sadly no longer able to work.
    My interests in the firearms spectrum are let’s say diverse lol Pretty much anything weird,obscure guns&rounds,ranging from vintage military snipers/DM rifles to building,fixing,tinkering to wildcats and single shot breachloaders,rolling,falling,swinging,tippers. Had to sadly sell pretty much all my guns to keep us afloat during the pandemic last year when I found myself out of work with a left femur broken plumb off at the knee and at the hip(femoral head) but we managed to keep afloat,welcomed our 4th daughter October 8 2020. I’ve found myself itching to do some tinkering and shooting with my girls so I figured I’d finally register,be part of the community and might even come across some Stevens 44/44 1/2 parts so we can do some tinkering and teach my kids a little bit.

Anywho,thanks for having us and thank you for this wonderful community.
    J.m Shrader

Howdy all. New here. I'm 64 and been casting since I was 12. Maybe I can learn something new.

Boolit Mold
    Hello. I have been searching for information on casting balls, buck shot and slugs. Luckily, I found this sight! I hope to learn and contribute if possible.
    I enjoy all aspects of firearms. My wife and I shoot flintlocks, rimfire, centerfire and air rifle. We are in a small town in Utah, so no formal groups. I am just recovering after fighting cancer for 5 years, so I move SLOW and cannot bend or twist, limiting what I can do. Thankfully I can reload and shoot off hand or from the bench.
    Casting lead is one area I have not explored yet, so I would like to get a good setup with as much quality information as possible, so success is more likely.
    I started working on my firearms about 25 years ago and have take gunsmithing and blacksmithing classes. I have a manual mill, lathe & forge with some metallurgy knowledge.
    I am looking forward to reading and learning on here. I would also like to purchase the correct items through users help.

Glad to be here!. New to Black Powder. Found this site to learn.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859 LastLast