MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad DataTitan Reloading
PBcastcoInline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Wideners Repackbox
Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome aboard to all new members

Howdy

First post tho I've been reading here off and on for a couple years. Sounds like a great bunch of guys.

Been reloading for several years and casting almost as long. Had to find a cheap way to shoot alot and that was it.

I havent hunted with any cast boolits yet. Was going to this year but it didnt work out. For now I just enjoy casting and shooting.

I look forward to talking to you all.

Boolit Mold
    I have been checking out the site and decided to jump in today. I have cast boolits in the past but it has been a while.

Y'all have done it now! My Lee Pro melter is unboxed and has my very first batch of wheel weights in it. I was able to get 45lbs on the way home from work, although 98% of the places looked at me like I was crazy a few good folks parted with old weights and didn't even want any compensation.

I love to shoot, so reloading was a natural next step. Hitting what I aim at and being able to shoot as much as I do made casting the natural next-next step.

Getting ready to cast 38 cal 148WC and 140 SWC and 45ACP in 200 SWC. All Lee moulds.

Without having spent a good month or 2 digging into this site and watching some youtube videos I'd be stuck an not know what to do.

Thanks for all the valuable info.

Expect a yell for help as soon as I get over my head.

Boolit Buddy
    I've been here for a while but have never come to the welcome section.
    Now I'm trying to find something that I've seen here.
    There is a chart that has each cal. case count per pound.
    Can someone send me a link to that thread.

Boolit Bub

intro...

Hello. I am new to casting, mostly for .44 cal, .50 cal ( mostly ww's heat treated w/water from a 460F. temp) and Pb RB for BP ML'ers. I have on my agenda to starting casting for a .45-120. Oh, I also cast these wonderful 11/2" 12 oz. balls for the cannon.

I first was exposed to casting by my grandad back in the early 70"s with sinkers we made up from a bunch of old wheel weights and a genuine white gas blow torch. Melting those early weights in a #10 can and pouring with a pair of Vise grips was an education in its own right.

I started into casting bullets last year at the recommendation of my shooting coach as a way to better my muzzleloading shooting. I bought a Lyman mold, a #20 furnace, some Marvelux, a huge piece of lead from Roto and started casting RB's. I liked it...a LOT!

I netted about 250# of ww lead (after fluxing three times and removing all the junk) from a buddy who owns a tire shop. Now I have all these wonderful ingots to make into things that fly well.

I have handloaded for about 30 years for a variety of handguns and rifles. I have built a few BP "Jim Chambers" rifles and pistols as well as a couple of cannons along the way. Basically, if it will go "boom" I will be a happy camper .

I love hunting, shooting, good handrolled cigars and wine making. I thank you all in advance for your sharing and help and hope I might be able to share back to the group to off set what I hope to learn.

Boolit Master
    hello fellow cast boolit shooters I have been ''lurking'' out here for a couple years. I know ? what took so long ? been reloading and casting about 40 years and trying to figure out this computer stuff about two - old dogs new tricks ?started reloading when i was 12saved my pennies and bought a lee loader.mydad thought i was crazy but all he said was dont blow yourself up or burn dowen the house - defernt times. nothing better then shootin your own home made boolits

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin

Old shooter, sometimes caster and new to forum

Been trying to post for about a month but when I tried the message that came back was I had to sign in even though I was signed in and then it didn't accept my sign in. Today is the first time I have been able to post since joining. Don't know what the hiccup was in the site with my posting but I am glad to finally be on board for real and not just as a registered member lurker.

I am rebuilding my reloading bench at this time so reloading and casting won't be done for a few months. What used to take me days to do now takes me weeks to do. Legs don't work to well but shooting arm works just fine thank you.

I shoot year round and live in the sticks. I have a shooting bench built into my front porch in case you wanted to know if I was a serious shooter or not. 12 acres of land and a permanent range built into my back field but I can only get back there during low or no snow days because I don't do snowmobiles.

At any rate I have been enjoying the reads even if I couldn't post an intro or a response.
    Life Member of Wisconsin Libertarians, WGO, GOA, JPFO, NRA, American Legion and VFW

Don't mess with my momma, my flag or my apple pie

Post checking in.....new guy

Well, just found this site tonight from over on the Handloadersboard.com via reference on one of the forums. Wisconsinite.....reloader, shooter, hunter. Looks to be a ton of info out here. I'll just look around a bit and try to figure it out. Just a mediocre boolet caster at this point.
    Lee 10lb bottom pour, 12 or so molds and Lyman 450 lubrisizer.
    NRA Endowment Member
    NRA Home Firearm & Pistol Instructor
    WDNR Hunter Safety Instructor
    2nd Amendment Supporter

Did, not know this sight existed until I was looking for information on Cast Boolit loads for my 6.5mm type 38 Japanese rifle. I think I'm going to enjoy this site.

Thanks
    For sudden the worst turns the best to brave. (from "Prospice" by Robert Browning)

Boolit Mold
    Hi Guys, I am new to the forum and live in Calgary Alberta.
    Great site you got here!!!
    Nuno

hola !
    umm guess i'm new here ...thought i joined long ago until i tried to sign in instead of lurk ...about that time i also figured out the three sites in the header all have different applications lolz (yup now i know :P ) i've always loved shooting and while i cast limited for the longest time i bought more cast than i made ( now i'm learnin' better on that ) i'mma informal sort of person and i'm mostly at another site but i link alot to here cuz u guys write and share sum great stuff ! and i dont see the attitudes that i have seen on a few other nameless sites ,that alone is worthy ! my humble thanx amigos!

Boolit Mold

new member;old caster

Hello from middle Ga.I have been casting for rifle,handguns and muzzleloaders
    for about 30 yrs.Have visited here regularly and I think joined ;but as usual misplaced my logon info.Joined again the other day and today had to have a new password emailed.I intend to try to stay aroundd this time.
    Wayne Byram

Boolit Mold

Old reloader, new to casting

After following several threads I decided to join as I was spending a lot of time here and the people generaly seem to be friendly and quick to give advise if asked. Hope to learn more about casting and be able to help later with pertinent info. John

I just joined today. I've been loading since 1973, but never cast a bullet.

Just what I need. Another reason to get more gear.

Boolit Man

Hello all, I am a new member, new to reloading and casting (with the exception of running some ball over a camp fire). This is a very interesting site with a wealth of knowledge for all. I have about 2 more months left on this tour in Afghanistan and have ordered all of my reloading and casting equipment already. I can't wait to get home and put it to use. Although I may have to re order some moulds after reading some of the posts on here. I am looking forward to learning a lot from you guys and enjoying the camaraderie that people share in like endeavors. I look forward to the time when I am able to pass on a bit of information that may help someone else out on their journey. Thanks again for taking the time to teach others this wonderful art and skill. John..

Boolit Mold
    Been lurking for awhile and enjoying it!lol
    I don't cast boolits yet but I do use them.

Park City, KS (right in the middle of Tornado Alley)
    Total NOOB here - just found this site a couple of days ago when I decided to start casting my own boolits. Been using those cast by others for a while for my 7.62 X 54R Mosin 91/30 and my 8 X 57 98K Mauser. Takes too long to order and receive them so decided I needed another hobby and this was it.

You guys won't hear much from me until I finish digesting all I've read so far. I've been a reloader for many years and I'm also NRA certified as a reloading instructor. I've been teaching monthly reloading classes here in Wichita, KS since last September.

Jim Sheldon
    Park City, KS
    Jim Sheldon

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

US Army, retired, NRA Life Member, Certified Pistol and Reloading Instructor, Certified Range Safety Officer.

Banned

Well start crackin' the books and get with it cause there will be a test Friday...

Welcome to cast boolit heaven! ..

Boolit Master

Hello all, new to the casting side of reloading and needed a refrence, found Cast Boolits from a link provided by my dad and here I am. Still reading the wealth of information and the outstanding advice offered.

New guy here from NC. New to reloading and casting. Muddy Creek Sam and Ricky P steered me to this forum. With the info of this forum and Rick P's tutalge, maybe I wont blow my had off! ....................................

Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast