Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Reloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 16 of 60 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome aboard to all new members

I am a new member from St Louis, MO. I am new to shooting and am in the information and materials gathering stage of relaoding. One of the main reasons I am interested in reloading in general and casting boolits in specific is that my wife and I enjoy shooting .380 pistols and I have found that it will be more economical for me to make and reload our own ammo.

Hello everyone

I found this site & joined last week. I have been very busy reading the threads since

THIS IS A GREAT PLACE

I have not been active casting boolits for a few years again but after I buoght my new toy (221 fireball ) I realized I needed to melt some lead

My 1st mould is a Lyman 358311 I got in 1965 & have cast many thousand boolits with it mostly with ww

so one again hello

Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to Cast Boolits ioon44, ErikO and Cariboo!

Be sure to check out the "Classics & Stickies" section, tons of really valuable and FAQ's there.
    "The worst wheel of the cart makes the most noise." - Benjamin Franklin

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Mold
    Hey guys! I'm a collector of military rifles, especially the Mosin Nagant. I will be acquiring a Mosin M39 very soon, in addition to my current 91/30. I own several bolt actions and as of right now, I do not cast, but I probably will once I begin reloading.

Moderator Emeritus
    Welcome aboard VintovkaMosin.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Been reloading awhile now, just got into casting. Only at ingot stage, but looking to buy a boolit furnace. This forum has helped me a bunch. Thanks everyone!!

Boolit Mold
    Been reloading a while as well after taking a ten year or so break, mostly for Mosin-Nagants. Found that some "old reliables" are gone while new options are springing up. I started casting metals not long ago more for the pleasure of experimenting more than for economy (but who doesn't like cheap boolits?). I'm certainly no metallurgist, but I like playing with alloys to see what works and what doesn't. I'm still learning the ropes for the most part, so don't get mad if I ask some stupid questions! Thanks!

Boolit Mold
    I recently heard a podcast with the Ammosmith guys on it and the topic was getting started in Casting. I reload .223, and soon .45 ACP, but never gave much thought into casting until I heard this episode. Now interested in getting started but was still hesitant as I don't need another hobby!... until I was @ work (Courier) and found a wheel weight on the ground as I stepped out of my truck the day after I heard the podcast! I guess that was my sign from God, the Giver of Galena .
    Looking forward to soaking up all the info I can consume from this forum.

Moderator Emeritus
    Welcome, to all you new members.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Been a lurker for a bit.

I have been reloading for some time. Just got into casting recently. It's addicting. I look forward to learning a lot more.

Ben

Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Stickbow95

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

Hi guy been reloading for some time just now started casting and man is this site helpful! It may very well be my new favorite site

Thanks
    Kyle

Another New Guy

Hi All,
    Just joined today. Doing a lot of reading. I have about 95% of what I need to start reloading. I am about a week or so away. Casting? A couple of weeks after that. I look forward to gleaning all the info I can from y'all.

Hello Thanks for the nice site new to casting

New to casting long time lurker lol.Been searching high and low for info on the subject of casting lead bullets.ty

Boolit Grand Master

Done Lurking!

Actually I've only lurked here a time or two, actually thought I joined awhile back. I've been loading for almost 30 years but only casting for about 2. Many of you know me from TFL or Handguns and Ammunition and I hope you won't hold that against me.
    Made it thru Recluse's boolit lube sticky and learned quite a bit. I have used a LubriSizer and SPG for BP rifle and .45 Colt ammo but ventured into TL boolits recently and had good results with LLA, not so good with Rooster Jacket.
    I'm up to a little over a half-dozen moulds and two 20# Lee pots, one bottom pour. First 4 moulds were Lyman, next 3 are Lee (with a six-cavity TL452-200 on the way!).
    I load .223 and .45-90 (BP) with several stops in between. I was a competitve pistol shooter for 15 yrs but only shoot my carry guns on occasion, mostly interested in rifles these days.
    Trying to find suitable boolits for a Sharps replica got me into boolit casting but I've gotten sidetracked on that project but having lots of fun with my diversions. Ongoing projects include the .45-90 BPCR, .30-30 w/ GC, .35 Rem w/ GC, round balls for a .54 Hawken and a .44 C&B revolver.
    Glad to be here!
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Banned
    Greetings all!

Totally new to all of this. I'll likely read and with your forbearance ask a few naive questions here and there. Wish me luck on my new journey/hobby.

God bless

Moderator Emeritus

Welcome JOptionPane, metweezer, waynem34, TXGunNut and Gibson! You've found the absolute best resource on the net for boolit casting. Not to mention some of the greatest folks ever gathered in one place online!

Be sure to check out the "Classics and Stickies" section, most of the commonly asked questions are answered there.

Best wishes, Dean D.

Banned

More new guys? ... What's that about 500,000 now?

Outstanding. Welcome aboard to cast boolit heaven! ..

Boolit Mold
    Just signed up meself. Been casting and shooting for a while, but lately have really revved it up, mostly handgun. I have some more nice pieces sitting idle and I figure casting is the way to wake them up. Looking for ward to getting some help, and sharing what I know.

Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to Cast Boolits Oldcorps76!