WidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Repackbox Load Data
Page 15 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome aboard to all new members

Great Site

Wow this is the site I have been looking for! I am just wanting to get into casting so I am thankful to find such a helpful site!
    There are very few problems that can't be solved with the proper application of High Explosives!

Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to Cast Boolits Zeke08!
    "The worst wheel of the cart makes the most noise." - Benjamin Franklin

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Mold

new visitor

Hello all, you have a great site here. I just dusted off a Lyman foster slug mold I bought fifteen years ago and never used: in fact I've never poured boolits before. I have poured aluminum( Gingery shop tools) but not lead. There's some wheel weights at work calling my name, I'm pretty excited about this.........

Moderator Emeritus
    Welcome to

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Beerthirty, good to see more NW neighbors joining in!

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by beerthirty View Post
    Hello all, ...
    OK, with a name like that we need to use this smily thing at LEAST once...

Boolit Master

200 miles south of the center of the United States
    Good evening, everyone. Longtime lurker, finally joined. I've been casting for about a year and a half with a buddy, but due to his wife thinking he should spend more of his time with her, I'm striking out on my own in this wonderful obsession. I've already learned a ton on here, hope to learn at least that much more.

Mike

Moderator Emeritus
    Welcome aboard edler7.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Buddy

Nice Site

Just wanted ta say High to everyone here at Cast Boolits and looking forward to learning more about this great art of making boolits and reloading em in your forums I just picked up a Rockchucker2 /8 sets-o-dies / brass /primers and boolits with a sizer and all kind of Mics stuff ta reload just gonna have ta dig up some stuff to melt lead with and molds bearound doing alot of reading and askin afew questions looking forward to being a part of this fine site
    The DOGG!!!
    Last edited by reddoggm; 05-14-2011 at 11:37 PM.

Moderator Emeritus
    Glad that you've found us, welcome.

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Bub
    Another lurker has come out of the closet - (well garage, actually)! This is a great place to come to and get information... maybe some day I'll even be able to offer some, too. I'm retired and haven't done much shooting as of late, but I got into casting recently - after buying my boolits from a commercial gun shop until they stopped because of the cost of lead. Then gun shows went up... then there was the recent primer supply problem...! Sorry I digress.

Thanks for a great, friendly place to ask questions and be a part of something worthwhile.
    Last edited by gester01; 06-07-2011 at 02:43 AM. Reason: omitted a word

Boolit Bub
    Let me ask a question. When I am following a thread, someone uses a link which I click on... often, when I return here I am no longer logged in. I come back to the place I left, but I am no longer registered.
    I don't notice it until I want to either-reply to a thread or I notice that the thread I just left still indicates that I have not been to it. Now, it doesn't happen every time - now that I am watching for it, but it is disconcerting.

Is there something I can do before branching out to another site which will keep me active within ours? Thanks for any help
    Last edited by gester01; 06-09-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Boolit Bub

Hello everyone - been lurking for only a week, decided to join! Quick bio - I've been "around guns" since I got my first Red Ryder BB gun as a kid.... i'm nearing 30. I've been shooting pistols since Nov 2010, reloading since Feb 2011, and casting my own boolits since I scored a single 5 gallon bucket of wheel weights in April! I'm set up to cast and reload for 9mm and 45ACP using all Lee equipment (Classic turret, Pro 4-20, and Tumble Lube molds). I also reload for my .243 Winchester, but haven't cast any 6mm boolits, yet. I've found this site to be an invaluable resource and look forward to participating in some group buys and PIFs! Thanks for having me!

Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Reddogm, Gester01, meak99. You have found a great bunch of helpful folks here, I am sure you will enjoy your stay. Be sure to read the stickied posts in the sections, they answer most common questions and will save you lots of time searching!

Gester, the website logs you off if you are not active after about 15 minutes. To cure this you can check the checkbox at the log in page to "stay logged in" or "remember me" (cant remember which). This will prevent it from logging you out when you are surfing those links.

Boolit Mold
    Evening everyone.
    Just tagged on to your site. Isearched out casting for the 6.5 Arisaka and out of 120,000 hits I grabbed on to you folks! I am not sure on the best way to proceed, but I posted on the thread about the the Arisaka. Should be the one that is like 2 yrs later than everyone else..
    Looks like there is a ton of reading to do through out this forum... going to get started.
    Rob

The land where no range is longer than 200yd
    Hi Everybody!

I am a recent (as in February of this year) convert to BPCR shooting after three decades or so of shooting smokeless. I am at the point now where casting my own is starting to make sense so I decided to join the forum after lurking for a couple months.

I am shooting a .45/70 Sharps-type rifle with a 30" barrel and a 1:18" twist.

-jcw

EDIT: I also shoot a MK IV Martini Henry. No immediate plans to cast for that, however.
    Last edited by jcwaters; 06-20-2011 at 04:14 PM.

Moderator Emeritus
    Welcome aboard JC.

Pukka Bundhooks

G'day all,
    have been casting bullets for donkeys years, shooting muzzel loaders since the age of 10. Still have plenty to learn, you have a great website here, hope to learn much and contribute some. Did get and make some Enfield paper cartridges which worked well enough, but need to source some more paper, the bullet diam is .563, and I need it to finish at .577
    There is a variety of paper out there I see by the marvels of the net, a lot to decipher

Cheers from Down Under

Heelerau

Moderator Emeritus
    Welcome Heelerau, there is some good paper info in the sticky Paper101 in the Paper Patching forums.

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Master

Hi to every one
    I have been reading this forum for a few months when I started casting boolits after a 7year break. I used to cast and sell boolits as E&E Lead Products Inc for about 14 years in the Springfield MO area. I have been a boolit caster for around 40 years and this forum is a great place for new ideas and info.
    ioon44