MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome aboard to all new members

Boolit Bub
    Hello everyone. I'm not new to casting I've been hand loading for about 7 years and molding for about 4 years. I may have made a mistake earlier by posting in another thread, forgive my zeal to hit the ground running on a project I've been working on and pondering.

I have met some of you already in chat, please allow me to introduce myself. I'm Jon from Hamilton,oh(Hamiltucky for those that know the area).

I want to thank you for allowing me to join this community, I'm really looking forward to learning a lot, and I have MANY questions about a number of things.

Hello from North Carolina,

I am finally ready to make the leap into casting (albeit slowly) and hoping to gain knowledge as well as contribute where I can within this forum. Even though I have been involved with shooting sports for over 30 years I still have much to learn and am appreciative to be part of this community.

Boolit Mold
    Mayhaps the oldest noobie to the board. Casting for around 60 years, started dipping on Mom's stove, wore out 1 "real" pot, now on a Lee.
    Pistol, rifle and round ball, still learning, still doing!

Bob

Moderator Emeritus
    A hearty

to all our new members!

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Mold
    Hi all from Australia, been lurking and learning for a few months. What a great site, so full of incredibly helpful information! This is what the internet is for! Started casting for my .44 magnum few months ago now I'm gathering tools and supplies for all my calibers! What fun back to learning and hopefully one day I can contribute to the abyss of info here.
    Also, interested in getting in on a group buy, but am in Australia, is this likely to be a restriction??
    Cheers

Boolit Buddy
    Hello all!
    Just joined the forum here, recently turned on to casting by an older local, who helped me slug the bore on my 91/30, and made a few bullets for me to load. After getting 1" groups at 100 yards with a stock rifle, I'm hooked.
    I'm planning on starting with the .315 bullets for the Mosin, then moving to the bullets I will use for my 300 AAC build, as well as .223 for the next rifle build, as well as the current Savage Axis I've been reloading for. I have no idea what I'm doing yet, but it looks like all the information is on this forum, so it'll be lots of reading for a while.

Good afternoon!

I've been reloading for years, and always wanted to break over into bullet casting, but have never made the time to, until yesterday. A few months back, I picked up a couple hundred pounds of old wheel weights from my local tire place. Saturday I bought a Lee production pot, .32 cal mold, and .32 cal swager. Yesterday, several friends came over (who are also interested in getting into casting) and we processed the wheel weights into ingots, and then cast a thousand-some bullets.

For several weeks I've been reading extensively on the subject, and this forum has been extremely helpful in breaking into my new hobby. This forum is about the best aspects of the Internet; people sharing information, resources, experiences, advice, and insights. Thank you for maintaining such a wonderful resource.

I'd like to especially thank CB member gregp42 for giving up his afternoon off work to come over and help keep a bunch of newbies from burning down my house or covering ourselves in molten metal!

I'll post pix of our casting party tonight.

Thanks again for helping me get started in the right direction.

Regards,
    Kentucky Rifleman

Boolit Buddy
    Wasn't a problem at all, and someone had to come over to make sure you didn't pull any of the stunts I did first time down that road!

Greg
    NRA Life Member
    "Those who sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety are not deserving of either liberty or safety." - Ben Franklin, 1776
    Vis Sis Mis!

Boolit Mold
    Reckon I'll jump in here. I hand load some and just got into the idea of casting for pistol steel matches and my occasional muzzleloading. I'm in the "learning how to smelt" stage right now. Looks like a great site, I may even have to upgrade to a contributing member.

Boolit Mold
    Good day to all of the cast bullet fraternity. I am a newbie and as such I am not knowledgeable enough to participate in discussion but am willing to e
    learn.
    I want to thank Rickintn for being such a great help in getting started although my wife thinks I'm crazy for starting another activity.... I ope the information gained here will further my experience and move me towards greater expertise. Any helpful ideas will be greatly appreciated....

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Welcome all to the family.

Pull up your favorite rocking chair, grab a cup of coffee and start reading.

The learning NEVER stops here.

Your wife will never worry where you are.

Right here honey casting and reloading so I can take you back to the range again this week.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rockastr View Post
    Good day to all of the cast bullet fraternity. I am a newbie and as such I am not knowledgeable enough to participate in discussion but am willing to e
    learn.
    I want to thank Rickintn for being such a great help in getting started although my wife thinks I'm crazy for starting another activity.... I ope the information gained here will further my experience and move me towards greater expertise. Any helpful ideas will be greatly appreciated....

Welcome aboard. Lots of information to be gained here. I studied the forums for a couple of years before casting my first bullets. Lots of good folks and a great community.
    Rick

Boolit Mold
    Hello all, I fairly recently decided to get into reloading to feed a very hungry Taurus 44ss4. Have never cast before, but have reloaded a bit, but not that much. Hope to learn a lot here.

Good to see some new folks! Welcome aboard.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Bub
    <--- new to your board...

But I am active at the Guns and Ammo Forum.

I am a reloader looking into lead bullets and looking for information. Thanks for having this Forum!

Dan

Hi all, been lurking too long I guess. Been reloading awhile, used to do USPSA and still a member but have been living in DC for last few years and most of my shooting was just at a range there. Now this southern boy is back where he belongs. Georgia. I have found this site invaluable as I want to get into casting, just figured the peeps in the apartment building I lived in before might object, so have just been collecting the necessary bits and molds. Have about 20 something milsurps, and about same number of revolvers and semi's, so I do have a need. Now I finally have a place I can light up and nobody will care. Just about every question I have had I have found the answer for here, so this is just a howdy to all of you!

Hello from the red end of Virginia...

Just started reloading a few months ago. Didn't take me long to figure out there's a load of lead needing molding and thrown down range again. And while I'm an engineer by trade I'm no chemist or loadmaster. I have a lot of learning to do...

Banned

Welcome..!

Boolit Mold
    Howdy from the PNW. Not doing any casting or reloading yet but it's on my to-do list. Currently I'm saving for a Shilo Quigley in 45-110. It will be awhile considering the cost but that gives me plenty of time to read here and learn what I can. Been hunting with a .50 muzzle loader built in SC by a friend of my Dads. Also have an old Italian 1858 brass frame New Army pistol that I used to shoot until the frame stretched out (might have been too many full chamber loads) and I don't feel comfortable shooting it any more. Picked up a Ruger Old Army in stainless to shoot but it's still new and so purdy that I haven't gotten around to shooting it. I've been doing machining for a living for the last 14yrs after going to school so I know all about the importance of little details. Anyway, looking forward to learning all I can.

Jim
    Last edited by pakrat57; 08-17-2014 at 10:57 PM.

Welcome Jim, good place to hang out, lot's of info and good company.

Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast