Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataReloading EverythingWidenersInline Fabrication
Repackbox
Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 64647484950515253545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1176

Thread: Welcome aboard to all new members

Boolit Mold
    Howdy from Missouri all. Glad to be here.

Boolit Bub
    St. Louis area here.
    Brand new & trying to learn

Boolit Buddy
    Greetings to all the fine fellows here. I’m a new caster. I started handloading a year and a half ago and it didn’t take long to get bitten by the casting bug. I am casting .22 caliber (for 22 Hornet, currently), 45-70, and just recently started 9mm. Just started some Christmas time off and looking forward to two projects: building a reloading bench, and working up a good collar button boolit load for my 45-70. I got an MP Molds 153-grain collar button 4-cavity.

Once I get the loading bench built, going to set up a Lee turret press I’ve had in the closet for a month or so. Then my Lee hand press I’ve been using so far can move to being my backup/range press. Glad to have found this site where I’ve already spent many hours reading.

Out to the garage to sort some wheel weights...

Boolit Mold
    Greetings from Nebraska. I've been reloading for a while and am just now getting into casting my own boolits. Going to start with .45 and 12 gauge slugs, and if all goes well 38, 9mm and 300 blackout loads next. I have a couple hundred pounds of lead and will be learning to PC at the same time. Finally gathered my last "needs" and will try to melt lead this weekend. I'm sure I will have a ton of questions but I've been searching the forums and finding answers to most of them so far. I'll just go ahead and apologize now for asking noobie questions that are probably answered somewhere in the forum.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Welcome all you fellows, and you all from Missouri especially a hello from the sticks of Missouri 54 miles west of St. Louis. You are all on the best forum i have found.

Boolit Mold
    Hello

I am a shooter and C&R collector from France since a long time...and naturally passionate about American weapons.
    I have the pleasure of reloading around ten different calibers, and this with passion.
    Thanks for going easy on me as I start asking questions ,and offering my humble input.
    Best regards from France.

Boolit Mold
    Greetings. Zach here, from north Louisiana. New(ish) reloader. After about the tenth time my search engine question brought me here, I realized I was becoming a lurker, and I should probably join!

I've just been doing basic hand loads on a single stage press for my sidearms, but casting might be in my future.

Welcome gentlemen! We are glad you are here. I started as a lurker too, then some cruel friend dropped 8 moulds and a 10 lb seco pot on my desk one morning and said "you want these?" Kind of like "Reloading will save you money". All I can suggest is to read the stickies and ask questions. There are no dumb questions asked here, just ones that have probably been asked in the past. You will get straight answers or links that direct you to previous threads to get the answers. Read the rules too as there are some important ones that can affect how you use the site for the first 30 days and the importance of posting 30 meaningful posts. Your posts here earned you your first so you are on your way.

The Moderators are here to help you if needed, just ask any of us and we will get back to you.

Happy new year.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master

I've been gone for many a year. Back now.
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

On water northern Mn . 1903.colt's Avatar
    From northern Minnesota long time lurking very happy to land here !Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_3106-1.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	294270

Boolit Mold
    Good evening.

I found this site while searching for details about an old Stevens Arms and Tool Company model 235.

Thanks,

gsa

Not new here, but just dropped it for a good long while. I'd check in from time to time to see how one member in particular was doing. This past Christmas I wanted to buy the son a shotgun and the wife said "You don't take the kids shooting with what they already have", so I guess I'm starting back to reloading and taking the kids shooting. She has a valid point, so I guess it's time to start feeding these other projects that I never really started with. Great time to do it huh?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Sully

Cast Boolits Owner

Welcome aboard! 2022 is going to be a great year!
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Mold
    Good morning everyone. New here from RI. I have been loading for several years now and I learn something new everyday. My friends all load and cast, which has brought me here. I cast my first batch of 9mm hps recently, loaded, test fired, chronographed, and tested in ballistics gel. I wasn't happy with the expansion (too hard a lead). I have so much to learn and so I am here. I hope to be helpful to others.

No1: I like your quote from Albert Camus
    Last edited by indpndntece; 01-12-2022 at 01:10 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Hello everybody. I have been lurking here for years and figured its about time to stop lurking and start sharing. I've been tinkering with guns since I could hold one, but my reloading experience is quite minimal. I'm looking forward to learning more!

Good day gents. I'm a new member to the forum. I bought myself a Pedersoli Sharps Old West Walnut in 45-70 so I'm here to educate myself! This looks like an awesome place to hang out and learn a thing or two. I have some Swiss 1.5FG and cast 540+ gr pills. Fun times ahead. Never shot black powder before! Cheers.

Boolit Mold
    Hello folks from WNC. My reloading journey started with 9MM Makarov back in 97. Added a few other handgun Cal then shotgun. A buddy had a garage and I aquired several buckets of WWs, and grabbed any other lead I found. A few years ago I build my 300 AAC and dove into the idea of casting. We had the upheaval of life interfer with my reloading and casting progress, but kept picking up supplies. I have cast and PC a few hundred now, 22Cal in 55Gr and 30 cal in 220Gr for the BLKOUT. 2 other buddies have reloaded both and complimented me on them. I only had the chance to load a few for the 300. I hope to have more time now I'm retired.

Welcome aboard yetavon! There's a lot of info for the new guy in the stickies at the top of each sub forum. The other thing is that many of your questions may have been answered but still there is no dumb question here. Just ask away and you will get an answer or a link to where there is discussion that answers it for you. If you have any technical questions ask any Moderator and we will help. Over the next 30 days participate in the discussions with meaningful posts and you will the have reached the magical post count of 30 and will have full access to the site. FYI, posts in the Pit or S&S do not count towards the 30. One way to build.posts is to start a thread about your 300 ACC build and respond to the posts that it will generate with detailed answers.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    NAGR member

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post
    Welcome aboard yetavon! many of your questions may have been answered but still there is no dumb question here. Over the next 30 days participate in the discussions with meaningful posts and you will the have reached the magical post count of 30 and will have full access to the site.
    And saying Thanks will help?..LOL beleive me I search before I ask the dumb questions...

It will! We all like a little gratitude
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    NAGR member

Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 64647484950515253545556575859 LastLast