Lee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
Repackbox
Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 747484950515253545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1176

Thread: Welcome aboard to all new members

Boolit Mold
    Greetings from south-central MN!

I’ve been reading here a few months since I joined, and was reading a few more months before that.

I’ve been casting round balls for cap ‘n ball pistols for years. Now I’m getting into casting bullets for revolvers… bought a rifle mold an some gas checks… recently started scrounging pewter… man, this hobby is one rabbit hole after another!

At this point I post very sparingly, as I don’t have much knowledge that isn’t already common knowledge. Incredible knowledge base on this site! I’ve grabbed a few bargains in the Swappin & Sellin section, as well.

Boolit Mold
    Good day and thank you for this site. The abundance of information here is extremely helpful.
    Been shooting handguns only and have started casting about 6 months ago. I enjoy the tranquility of casting then the satisfaction of handloading. Greetings from Cape Town, South Africa

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by 45nut View Post
    I hope we can make your membership worthwhile. :
    Thanks!

Greetings to all from Eastern Washington. I've been visiting the site off and on for a while and decided to join. First tried reloading 20+ years ago and I'm still learning new things. Made some cast boolits back in the day for .45-70-405 BPCR cartridges and had way too much fun shooting them. Still got some lead (~60lbs) to play around with and thought I'd look around for some ideas about casting for other calibers I have. -Mike

Cast Boolits Owner

Welcome a aboard everyone!
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Mold
    Hello from Cental Virginia,
    I have been snooping for a while but joined the other day after I finally got my first single stage press. Funny story as I was looking for one a friend told me about the deal that I got, after he brought everything to me he said Lois wanted to make sure you got what you needed. Well Lois was our Sceretary who retired four years ago, the press belonged to her husband who died of cancer last year, I had no idea she was selling these things. Sorry to ramble, I've been shooting since I was around 8 yrs ols, so 1968. I love guns, don't hunt anymore, just like to shoot and compete. I can't wait to glean all that I can on here. Bob

Boolit Mold
    Hello from Central Minnesota.
    I've been lurking, and reading here for awhile, so today I figured it is about time to join the rest of you all here. This forum has been an enjoyable place to visit, and take in the wealth of knowledge here, for quite sometime. Thank you for such a place on the internet to do that. I've been shooting long guns for many years, along with handguns as well. In the last few years I have added black powder guns to the cache, too. I still hunt, and plan to do so for awhile.

Hi Guys,

I'm not exactly new, but I've been away for quite awhile.

My dad passed away last year. An aneurysm in his aorta which we didn't know about. My Mom had two of them in hers, which is a whole 'nother story. I'll just say 2021 sucked badly as it was.

Anyway, he left my two brothers and I a multitude of firearms and other supplies. Easily tripled my collection. I'm currently holding several score of different bullet molds. For the most part, Dad mostly shot cast bullets, apart from things like his .22-250 and the like. I wound up with a very nice 1943 Inland M1 Carbine along with tons of ammunition. Yep, you guessed it -- mostly cast bullets. This particular rifle pretty much eats them for breakfast. I've been shooting most of his stuff just for the excuse to get everything cleaned and oiled.

The bros and I already had one bullet casting party at one of their houses. Did lots of .458s there. Both brothers own a .458 SOCOM and one of them has Dad's .458 Win Mag. I did a lot of .401s myself, having one of his .41 Long Colt revolvers as well as a Winchester model 1910, chambered in the long forgotten .401 WSL.

I figured I'd start dropping by to R&D stuff again.

Boolit Mold
    Howzit from South Africa, my name is David and I’m based in Johannesburg. Been a shooter since I was 14 and been an active hunter and sports shooter since I was 16. I’ve been reloading since 2009 and casting bullets for 3 years now. Hope to learn something from you all.

Cheers for now David.

Welcome aboard all hope you enjoy the discussions and the fellowship from the group.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Quote Originally Posted by 45nut View Post
    I hope we can make your membership worthwhile. :
    Thank you! I believe Ill be in good company. Just starting down this road, and I appreciate all the knowledge you all share.

Quote Originally Posted by pkenn View Post
    Thank you! I believe Ill be in good company. Just starting down this road, and I appreciate all the knowledge you all share.
    This is my uncle and I convinced him to sign up here to learn more. Or, maybe he doesn't trust what I tell him so he wants to get it from all you experts

Welcome aboard Unc.

I certainly do trust SoonerEd, everything I do know up to this point came from him

Boolit Man
    I'm a newbie here so I'm eager to learn. Just bought my first high wall and I'm loving it. Rob

Pkenn and RobP1,

Welcome to cast boolits. We get a little slow sometimes in welcoming new members. I think you will both find answers to about anything you have questions about on casting and reloading. Read and search and if you cant find it just ask. You might not get a direct answer but will get a link that answers the question.
    Best wishes,
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Mold
    Hi, new member

Experienced reloader but new to cast boolit pistol. Hope to learn something before I blow up my 1911😬

First time poster on castboolits. I'm mostly a revolver guy in .45 Colt, .357M, and .22LR of course. I do reload but not religiously. Probably have more factory ammo than reloads (except in 9mm) but hope to learn more about shooting hard cast and other loadings for revolvers.

Boolit Mold
    New member here, greetings from Connecticut. I keep running into this site when researching muzzle loading stuff. Thought I might as well join up. A lot of knowledge here!

Been here for a while, just never introduced myself. Joined when I was first getting into reloading late last year / early this year. I'm in South GA and I reload for handguns primarily.

Been making a nuisance of myself over in Wheelguns with questions.
    "There is no saint without a past, no sinner without a future."

- Saint Augustine

Boolit Mold
    I have been a lurker here from time to time and have finally taken the plunge into casting my own bullets. I'm going to start with 7 mm because I own 7 Spanish ladies that need to be fed a steady diet. My mold will here soon and I just purchased my copy of Lymans cast bullet handbook today from a local reloading supply shop.

I am new to casting not to hand loading and I am an avid shooter. I'm also a hobby gunsmith. I was referred to this forum by Rockydog who has been a mentor me for all things hand loading.

Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 747484950515253545556575859 LastLast