Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ncbs 2014

We made it home safe and sound. Hope everyone else did too. Onceabull, Lagene went wild with her new 307 and splattered a few unruly pine cones all over my front lawn. Thank God she ran out of ammo before any serious damage was done. Thanks to ALL who attended this year, it was a GREAT time. JW

Hi to all!

We (Marlene and I, onceabull and Joy returning with us.) returned home safely @ about 5:40p on Mon. We all enjoyed a stop in Sparks, NV, at Scheel's, BruceB. being with us and Anita and sister Mattie, joining in. NVcurmudgeon, also joined us for the event, his presents is always a JOY! We all got BruceB tucked in at his abode around 2:30p.

Yes, it was once again a Great and Wonderful Time! My head being swelled with Marlene's (CookieCutter's) Shooting Accomplishments!

7 br, be patient on photos showing up, as I am old and not quick, but I am sure. I think ammohead will be on before long with the results of the shoot!

Harter66 and Mary, as obssd1958 said, that lunch was "Freakin Awesome"!!!! Thank You ....Thank You!

Lagene, keep on going wild with that new 307! JW, you may have to come up with a rationing plan for her AMMO!

Once again, it was great to be with all of you and we plan to be a part of NCBS for a Looooong Time!
    Last edited by cobbmtmac; 05-21-2014 at 11:58 AM.
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

This is "Cookie Cutter", Marlene. We want to THANK ammohead for the great job in putting together the 2014 NCBS Shoot! Also, a big THANK YOU to 7's&8's and all the people that helped make reservations for dinners and getting the tables and chairs for the range. We know this is a lot of work and we appreciate it.

Newtire, thank you for posting the picture of the gun cookies. Mac & I enjoy making them.

Harter66 & Mary, I thank you for a wonderful lunch and for sharing your wild boar. Mary, your suggestion for a potluck next year is a good idea.

I THANK, cobbmtmac, my Darling Companion of 56 years, for all his help in training me to make the boolits and his patience in teaching me to shoot. Also, to all the men on the board who willing gave us advise on the "PROJECT".

I am looking forward to next year and hopefully seeing all of you again.

"windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon. Always remember windage and elevation"......John Wayne in the movie....The Undefeated....1969

CookieCutter
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Moderator Emeritus

So who took home the bragging rights?
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    We made it home safe and sound as well on Tuesday afternoon. As soon as Holly has time, she will get her pics up on this site. Bragging rights for the Practical Rifle Award go to Ventnburn after an exciting 3-way shoot off with Beeman and Ammohead. Shooting offhand at an 8x14" gong at an unknown distance (this time at about 160 yards) and hitting it 5 for 10 in the timed three minutes is quite a feat given the wind. To see Ventnburn's trophy at his awards "ceremony" at the range (he had to leave early), check out Holly's pictures when she gets them up.
    Over the years I have been to many black powder rendezvous's dressed and shooting accordingly but NCBS is the real deal, not reenacting. Truly shining times.

Boolit Master
    Harter66-
    Your friend Jim and I chatted about your Mauser and we came up with a better plan. He has cousins in Shelton, Wa. so I am holding onto it at home while Jim works out something with them to pick it up. I oiled it up last night to protect it from our Hood Canal humidity.

It was awesome seeing everyone. it is a good time and i would encourage anyone to try to go at some point. me, I'm adopting quilbilly.
    MPBARRY1

NRA Life Member

PASS IT ON! TAKE A KID SHOOTING!,

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Thanks Quillbilly.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

OK ...OK, I am sure ammohead is working overtime and feel he will not chastise me for posting this years NCBS Results! I had asked him for a copy, so I would have the info for picture publishing as I get to it.

So here we go: PISTOL COMPETITION WINNER

Iron Sight ......25yd Bench Rest Group: BUCK 1.225"

Scope Sight ...25yd Bench Rest Group: Tim Janke .645"

Iron Sight .....25yd Off Hand Score: ammohead 44 0x

RIFLE COMPETITION WINNER

Iron Sight .....50yd Bench Rest Group: cobbmtmac .716"

Iron Sight .....50yd Off Hand Score: ammohead 46 1x

Scope Sight ..100yd Bench Rest Group: Tim Janke .730"

Scope Sight ..100yd Off Hand Score: Beekeeper 15

LONG RANGE ..417yds Iron Sight,
    Off hand or Sitting: Tim Janke 4 of 5

LADIES RIFLE COMPETITION WINNER

Scope Sight ....50yd Bench Rest Score: Marlene 50 3x

Scope Sight ....100YD Bench Rest Group: Marlene 1.825"

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE WINNERS!!!

Boolit Master

Thanks for posting that Mac.
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    Holly has put her pics of NCBS 2014 on Photobucket. The address is http://s1332.photobucket.com/user/ho...ry/NCBS%202014 and the password is - ncbspics

Boolit Master

Great pictures!
    Thanks for taking them and posting them Holly!
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    Thanks Mac for posting results. I have been busy with work and my new lathe and kind of headed off into another direction when I got home. I forgot my awards and the list at the Martin Hotel after dinner and have to get an address to Tom so he can send them to me.

I want to thank everyone for making this years event so much fun. Thanks to Mary and Rick for the fantastic lunch on Sunday. The wild pig was excellent.

Thanks to Quillbilly for the fun practical shooting match. The sticker to the match is that with only 3 minutes to shoot 10 shots you don't have time to wait for the target to quit swinging after you hit it. And the more you hit it the more it swings. Combine that with the wind making holding steady difficult and you have a real challenging match.

We saw some mighty fine grouping this year too. Anytime you can bench a homemade cast boolit into less than 3/4" at 100 yards you have something to brag about and we had more than one in that catagory. And no speculation here. These groups were witnessed as per the rule by one spotter and a whole bunch more onlookers on the firing line. This is documented excellence. Mac shot a .716" group from the bench with iron sights at 50yards, Tim Janke shot a .730 at 100 yards from the bench with a scoped rifle, and a .645" with a scoped handgun. Tim also won the coveted 400+ yard event hitting the gong 4 of 5 times in the ever present wind. Buck won the 25 yard pistol group with 1.225" from the bench.

Marlene deserves mention winning both ladies rifle events with a 100 yard 1.823" group and a 50 yard score of 50-3X from bench position.

Yours truly came through in the offhand department with a 50 yard rifle score of 46-1X, and a 25 yard pistol score of 44-0X both shot offhand.

If there was room for improvement it was in the number of entries for catagories. Next year we need to encourage more participation in the events. This is evidenced by Beekeepers winning score of 15-0X in the 100 yard scoped rifle score event. I think many targets were just not turned in thinking that they couldn't possibly place. Thanks to Beekeeper we didn't end up with a catagory unfilled. I promise to do a better job of talking up the catagories as we shoot next year. This is another indication of the style of event that NCBS has become. There is just as much emphasis put on talking and getting to know one another as there is in competing if not more.

Next years event date is open with the exception of the weekend before Memorial weekend. That weekend is verbotten, nada, reserved, out of the question. Just so there is no confusion. Make your plans accordingly. I kinda like the idea of Father's Day weekend.

Boolit Master
    I remember what you said about possibly switching dates. When I got back I found my business took quite a hit for being gone during halibut season (NCBS being in the middle) but my customers forgave me. I would appear that early June is better for me even if it is rather warm for my tastes. Given the effects of our current El Nino on next years salmon returns, I may need to stay around the Olympic Peninsula for next year's halibut season in May.

Boolit Master
    Hey Mac,
    Do you have any picture stuff ready yet?

Boolit Master
    Mac put the pictures on a disk, and sent them to me via USPS priority mail. I got them the day before yesterday, and will have them posted before the end of the weekend (Lord willin' and the creek don't rise!)

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master
    Well, I would guess since the site wasn't available, that either the Lord wasn't willin' or the creek rose...
    Never the less, here goes with the pictures!!!
    (I have separated them into groups of five pictures per post, so enjoy!!!!!!!!!!)

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master

Boolit Master

Boolit Master