MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ncbs 2014

Hey to all, can't wait:

I am confirming that the Lovely, Marlene and I will be there. In fact we spent sometime today and last week at our local range. Marlene has had a, we think, very special rifle that was put together by myself and a couple of friends two years ago. We believe the Medical problems are something of the past. So, finally, she will have a chance to use it for the purpose of it's intent!

Darren and Martha are not sure they will be there and intend to confirm one way or the other in another week or ten days. As of right now Darren can't or should not shoot a rifle. He recently had surgery on the shoulder that handles the butt end of a rifle stock! He has been going through Physical Therapy and thinks there may be a chance.

We will see you there, Mac & Marlene
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Boolit Master
    I will be there-Yeah...

We're new to Cast Boolits. Our old friend rockshooter invited us to tag along to the event. Lookin' forward to meeting y'all. I'll be draggin' my good wife Deb along. Also my ol' .44 SA cowboy peestols and a 1895 38-55 Win. Still need to build up a load for it. So far I've only shot jacketed stuff. Neighbor gave me some cast boolits for it. They're about 285 grain average with GC and lube. Lookin' for load data. Have been using H4198 with the jacketed stuff with good results. Any suggestions?

On Heaven's Range

We will all be looking forward to meeting you!

It's nice to have the ladies along; they moderate the wilder behavior and give a little "tone" to the proceedings.

Does Deb shoot, too? There are a couple of events (I think) for ladies-only.

We've met a great number of Cast Boolits members at this shindig over the past fifteen years, and you are going to become part of an extended family. Buckshot nailed it years ago when he said, "It's like a family re-union where you actually LIKE everybody!"
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    Welcome to you & Deb. There is a 38/55 guy who regularly takes coffee with Rockshooter & I(among other booliteers) who I'll let know you are looking for load data..One thing for certain you should probably slug your bore,as many of the older rifles need as much as .380 d.to shoot well with cast...Looking forward to meeting you... Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Boolit Master
    Welcome from us too. It looks like we will get to Winnemucca a day earlier so we can spend Thursday up in Paradise Valley prospecting for more opal and taking wildflower pics (not to mention targets of opportunity like varmints). Probably have lunch at the Paradise Valley Saloon if it is open. If anyone of the group is around early, we would enjoy the company.

Boolit Master
    I'll be there with wife- who shoots- on Friday for lunch. Bringing a 12" gong with stand to play with, along with other stuff.
    Rockshooter

Foss & "good wife Deb"!

Welcome, we are looking forward to meeting and spending time with you and Deb. I missed last year and the lovely Marlene, missed the last two years because of health issues. We say that's behind us. Like BruceB, we are anxious to put faces with names of the great folks we have missed meeting!

I am sure that you have had some Cast Boolit schooling, but I'll add one thing just in case it has not been mentioned. Be sure you clean out all the jacketed residue, copper etc., as Lead will adhere to that old copper, an old timer like that 38-55 could have plenty of buildup. The best product I know is, "Sweets 7.62 Solvent". If copper is present, you will have a deep blue patch, keep cleaning until the blue is gone.

Again, Marlene and I are looking forward to meeting you and Deb and the others that we missed!
    Last edited by cobbmtmac; 04-30-2014 at 10:51 AM.
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Lookin' forward to seeing you in Winnemucca!

Quote Originally Posted by onceabull View Post
    Welcome to you & Deb. There is a 38/55 guy who regularly takes coffee with Rockshooter & I(among other booliteers) who I'll let know you are looking for load data..One thing for certain you should probably slug your bore,as many of the older rifles need as much as .380 d.to shoot well with cast...Looking forward to meeting you... Onceabull

Foss. At coffee this AM,Rockshooter hold us that his impression of your 38/55 was that It's a nippochester 1885.. If that's true you will likely find it won't be bored as wide as some of 1890-1939 rifles.. My last 1885 was a Brownnippochester in 375 H&H, beautiful rifle that I try not to think about why I sold it (especially at a typical "Value price")... Onceabull

Just finished making our reservation at the Scott Shady Court motel there in Winnemucca. Thought I would pass along some information about the place for those who might need lodging. It's a basic older motel, two blocks off the main drag, but it's clean and quiet. I've stayed there every year except my first when I slept under the stars. They are not a "Big Boy" motel, no Continental Breakfast or other amenities rich folk like. But their rates cannot be beaten... $45.00 to $65.00. They also accepts pets (with no deposit). Just sayin'.

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    BruceF, I got the trophies all put together yesterday. Also have two boxes of drilled clay targets and various odds and ends of NCBS equipment, including BruceB's leader board and buckshot's loud speaker. Let me know when and where we can get together so I can deliver the above goods.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Boolit Mold
    Is the Friday noon lunch at the Griddle still part of this event. If so, I'm going to try to make that.

All the best, Nevada Duke.

Duke, I'm thinking that the last couple years the Fridays meeting at the Griddle has been set for 1 PM,PDT.. perhaps Ammohead or 7&8's can confirm this years timing...What ever time is set,best not be late because seating has become somewhat challenging..Looking forward to seeing you again.... Onceabull (May have still been Idabull last time you were on hand )

Vendor Sponsor
    Estimado Duke,

It will be good to see you again old friend. The Griddle for lunch sounds good to me. Let's call it 1:00 pm. See you there.

Vendor Sponsor
    I met up with Bill and Bruce at Scheels this evening and got the plaques and clay targets. When I got home I ordered up some 50 yard repair centers for targets and got express shipping so should be here Sat. Now I need to put together some kind of stake shoot for the handgun team event. Any volunteers? My truck is getting kind of full.

Boolit Master
    The Griddle is very busy at the noon hour but I am sure they would appreciate the business at 1:00 PM. We will be there a tad before 1:00 unless 7's&8's say a better time.

Hello all,

It will be the lovely Marlene and I, Darren and Martha will not be coming due to his shoulder surgery, that I previously mentioned. Looking forward to having a great time with all of you!

NOW, I AM GOING TO TRY TO HELP Ammohead OUT, HE ASKED FOR A VOLUNTEER(S), TO BUILD THE BOARDS AND STANDS FOR THE TEAM PISTOL SHOOT. .....MAYBE EVERYBODY MISSED THIS, IT WAS POST #56 ON 5/8, SO FAR I HAVEN'T SEEN ANYONE COME FORWARD. I WOULD DO IT, BUT I WILL HAVE A ROOM PROBLEM. Marlene and I are bringing BruceB with us, so we will be pretty full with all our things. I AM WILLING TO HELP BUILD THEM IN WINNIE ON FRIDAY AFTERNOON IF NECESSARY. I THINK WE CAN GET A HARDWARE/LUMBER PERSON TO CUT THE BOARDS AND PIECES NECESSARY FOR THE STANDS, THEN WE CAN NAIL OR SCREW THEM TOGETHER. I HAVE A CAN OF ORANGE PAINT THAT I WILL BRING JUST IN CASE. ....IF SOMEONE DECIDES TO MAKE THEM, AND YOUR NOT SURE WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE, JUST GO BACK THROUGH PREVIOUS YEARS PICTURES.

WITH ALL THAT IS/OR WILL BE ON Ammohead's PLATE, WE NEED TO DO THIS FOR HIM!

THANKS,

Those that know me the best would recommend someone else for cutting/nailing,boring holes,etc.-.-.-...BUT, painting orange stripes is within my scope of KSA's,,, Onceabull

onceabull,

I think you would be able to paint the "orange stripe", but I probably should hold the can for you!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast