RotoMetals2Inline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLoad DataTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: A place to list bargains?

Boolit Master

A place to list bargains?

I know that we don't list outside sources on the "Swappin and Sellin" forum, but where to list 'em? Example:

Last Wednesday I bought a new Bushnell Elite 3200 1.5-4.5 x 32 with RainGuard and Firefly on Amazon for $143.10 with free freight. They had two available at that price - which I think was a genuine bargain. (About $55 less than other places.) Thought about putting a heads up on here but didn't know the right place. Wasn't available the next day, so I presume somebody bought it. Mine arrived yesterday and it seems like a lot of scope for the money.

Would it be possible to have a designated place to list something like this? I'm not talking about stuff that we have for sale - or a business that we own or work for - but just a place to give a quick "Heads Up".
    "The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave."
    James Burgh, Political Disquisitions, 1774

I make posts of this kind all the time. I generally use "Swapping and Selling" unless some other forum seems more appropriate. I don't see anything wrong with listing it here, after all, it's for the benefit of our friends here...

It would be kind of cool if there was a forum that we could do that in. And be able to post ebay/gunbroker links that we thought might be of particular interest or value to the other members.

Smile

Well, I'll just mention a couple of pre-Christmas specials that I just took advantage of on IO, INC's website and current weekly flyer:

Mosin-Nagant M91/30 (w/bayonet and accessories), $49.95 for round receiver, $59.95 for "octagon." (I've got one of the latter coming.)

Nagant 1895 revolver, $58.95. Website lists it as for 1920s, but this morning they were out of those and only have '30s and '40s. (A '30s one is headed my way.)
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Rick, Do you have an internet address for them?
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Smile

Well, mine came in yesterday. I was disappointed that I didn't get the "octagon" M91/30 I ordered and paid for, but a perfectly lovely 1938 Tula with a round receiver instead. Don't want to send that back. I called today proposing a deal to sell me an "octagon" at the round receiver price, so we'd come out even and they'd've sold me another rifle. Turns out they're now sold out of M91/30s altogether. So I took $10 off an M38. My Mosin menagerie's growing. The Nagant is a beautiful '39 Tula, with a much smoother and lighter trigger pull than the '43 Tula I got a while back.