RotoMetals2RepackboxWidenersReloading Everything
Load DataLee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lead bullets illegal in California now?

Boolit Master
    I don't know about condor, but crow tastes like dark meat turkey. Those two breast nuggets make good jerky.

Condors do not taste like chicken! they are vultures. more like Chicken Ship.

I have seen only one in my 64 years living very near the actual original Condor sanctuary near Fillmore CA and that was 40 years ago before they were endangered. Hell nothing was endangered 40 years ago.

The bird landed on the middle conductor of a Edison 220KV transmission line. When it spread it's wings it became the new 4th conductor between the phases and exploded into a ball of burning bird which hit the ground and burnt completely to ashes in about 30 seconds.

Eating 220,000 volts at 3000 amps will do that to you.

Fillmore was without power for the rest of the day.

Randy

As far as lead boolits you just can't" hunt" with them.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Buddy
    I put PC on mine to hide the lead!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by garym1a2 View Post
    Has a condor actually ever died of lead poising?
    I'd be willing to bet someone caught one sitting long enough to catch a dose of lead.

Banned
    Just like lead killing waterfowl.....does lead kill waterfowl if ingested?........when they ingest it at 1200 fps it does...the rest is hogwash put out by agenda mided folks that control the control.

Boolit Master
    In 2012 we got 85% of our lead from mines outside the US. They will just ship the raw ore to Canada or Mexico and refine it there. Doe Run was just the last of thirteen or fourteen mines that were closed over the last ten or so years, the machinery moved outside our borders, reassembled and are now in operation with non-US workers.

Rich

The tide may be turning on CA's laws though. CRPA and NRA lawsuits have not only been beating back some such nonsense but just won a CONSTITUTIONAL battle in the 9th circuit which goes *way* beyond "shall issue" policies, to CCW being a right under the second amendment. Colorado may have been the turning in the war on freedom, but CA will be the battlefield for years to come.

http://www.scpr.org/news/2014/02/13/...weapons-rules/

Boolit Master

Just another reason not to live in Kaliforia.

We spent a weekend in the Grand Canyon last summer, and man they are pushing hard to promote the lead kills condors nonsense. Park rangers and tour guides, signs everywhere, including "wishing well" type areas, dont throw coins over the side, the dumb *** condors eat them blah blah. As stated above the condor should have gone way of the mamoth, any animal that isnt smart enough to know what isnt food as they eat it should fall victim to natural selection.
    They were going as far as blaming the unethical meat slayer for leaving lead filled gut piles, and unrecovered carnage all over the forest, which supposedly is what the condor thrives on.
    There are several problems with this "logic", but to name a few; hunting season ain't year 'round, and last I checked there is no hunting in the National parks, and the actuall success rates for big game hunting at least around here tend to hover around 25-30%. So the amount of so called contaminated gut piles and unrecovered animals is minimal at best, over a period of a few months.
    Yes they will do anything to push thier agenda.

az-jim
    Last edited by AZ-JIM; 02-22-2014 at 11:29 PM.
    "You believe these people exist to provide you with position, I believe your position exists to provide these people with FREEDOM"

FREEEEEEEEDOMM-William Wallace

Boolit Buddy
    Just another reason not to live in Kaliforia

So do not move here like everyone else.

It was 75 degrees here today, how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Caster View Post
    Greens however are catching on slowly about the birds and now want solar which cost even more.
    So they prefer fried to minced?

Quote Originally Posted by tg32-20 View Post
    Just another reason not to live in Kaliforia

So do not move here like everyone else.

It was 75 degrees here today, how about you?
    One of many reasons not to live in Commiefornia, I have lived there, worked there, vacationed there, and as much as I would love to engage you in the matter, I will refrain from hijacking the thread to do so.

az-jim
    "You believe these people exist to provide you with position, I believe your position exists to provide these people with FREEDOM"

FREEEEEEEEDOMM-William Wallace

With the lefties in charge yelling lead is so deadly, I think they ban lead because it may kill things deader then dead. As far as the Ca Condor... If the thing is stupid enough to eat lead then its stupid enough to go extinct!

I heard the reason was because the condors were eating the gut piles left from hunters and the lead boolits were killing them.... I dont think my lead boolit would be left behind... They go right through!!!

Doc

Boolit Master
    Ya think they know there is a lead battery in every vehicle there? I think if they are banning lead they should ban lead batteries as well.
    Bet they will squawk when they feel that bite!

wow , the lead interferes with the condors digestion don know how but it causes them to starve to death , , i don know how much is true ... but i understand the need to conserve wildlife , dont think slugs should be banned , as usually they pass through, and are large enough the condor shouldnt swallow them ,... birdshot is banned in lead so shouldnt be a problem ... ps moved out of california thank god. too many laws taxes and regulations ...
    To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    ~George Mason

my feedback page:click and give me feedback here,below...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show....php?p=1412368

Quote Originally Posted by Duckiller View Post
    Lead boolits have been illegal for several years in California for hunting in Condor areas. Only DF&W approved projectiles may be used for hunting in Condor areas.
    OK, can I hunt Condors with zinc bullits?

sorry. I had to say it.

“A liberal’s paradise would be a place where everybody has guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare, free education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free utilities, and only law enforcement has guns. And believe it or not, such a place does indeed already exist: It's called Prison."

--- Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Maricopa County, Arizona

Everything is illegal. Don't worry though they are releasing murders and rapists so jail will be purty safe. Cast on!
    If you think your a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Ever notice how the only extinct animals are those that no one wants to eat?

As for Doe Run. The plant was shut down due to more stringent air emissions standards the EPA enacted (your truck is next). These standards reduced the emissions limits so low that is was not cost effective to retrofit the plant, and not rebuild it because it would take longer to get government approvals for a lead plant then it takes for a nuclear power plant. The company cited the $100 million project as too financially risky. Thank you big government.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

bet they will re-open it when we go to war with china ..
    To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    ~George Mason

my feedback page:click and give me feedback here,below...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show....php?p=1412368

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by badbobgerman View Post
    bet they will re-open it when we go to war with china ..
    China has probably already bought all the equipment and machinery that is to be stripped out of the plant.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast