I discovered that I'd been missing a lot of fun, a few years back. Since I don't shoot the holy black I'd never been tempted to visit "The Ancient Ones" gun show. Late Februrary in Maine, for an old duffer, is not the time to take lightly, excursions to the big city over 100 miles journey.
I can't recall what prompted me to show a burst of energy. Maybe it was a warm spell? ---Anyhow, my wife and I got there after lunch. Wow!!!It's like no other gun show I've ever attended. Vertually all of the vendors were in some sort of period costume. Pilgrims, Indians, trappers & mountain men, Pirates, Fancy Ladies, & Commoners, bakers and gunsmiths.
Mountains of freash bread, rows of pies, preserves from grams pantry, and many pleasent surprises.
Puppies for sale. What can be said about puppies? Black, Golden, Blond Labs. If you shine just right they might even let you hold one.
Tommahawk and knife throwing demonstrations and lessons for the kids all under close supervision.
Lots of hand crafts from black smithing to leather work and leather supplies. Antiques and OLD stuff.

And NO BLACK GUNS. Plenty of good used firearms, some new ones. Notable by its absence is O.D. Green and Camo.

I carried on to be sure you weren't mislead regarding what you could expect.

Feb. 22 &23 @ the Augusta Armory.

See you there?
Pepe Ray