Snyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Reloading Everything Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Son Denver Passed Away

Boolit Master
    Praying for God's strength and comfort, for you and your family.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

I pray for god to heal your broken heart
    Using Tapatalk

Prayers sent.... Magnum6

My heart is indeed broken but your thoughts comfort me, thank you all.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Boolit Master

Prayers being offered up. May GOD comfort you and yours in this time of need.

So sorry to hear, Prayers going out for you and your Family

So sorry to hear of this and join in prayer with all the other good folks.

Boolit Man

Others have spoken more eloquently than I could even pretend to. You are among friends here. May God bless you and give you peace.
    Trochilids, Living in The Great Land

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms." -- Samuel Adams, February 6, 1788.
    "Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense?" -- Patrick Henry, 1836.

So sorry to hear that , you got our prayers ! Carl and Sharon Morrison !

Boolit Bub
    My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Our prayers sent to you and your family.
    High Hook

Moderator Emeritus

One should not have to bury their child. I mourn with you, may he have peace.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

words fail me. We will pray for you and for strength that you may carry on.

Dean
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Can't even imagine your heartache. Hope he is with GOD now.
    2AMMD

We had the 'Celebration of Denver's Life' today. It was an amazing ceremony. He was a well loved man. If only he could have known it in this life. The support from everyone is overwhelming, including the good folks here on castboolits. I thank you all. I am exhausted now so I'll fill you all in later.

Here is my tribute which I read. I did practice reading it out load so I wouldn't choke up at the end. I managed to get it out with only two small chokes near the end.

A TRIBUTE TO DENVER
    Denver was a rather fun little guy and somewhat unusual. He refused to sit until he was six months old. He crawled at the normal age and was walking by twelve months. Taking him to the supermarket was fun – he would run off down the aisles with a big smile and a giggle and hide from us. I would go up and down the ends of the aisles to keep track of him. He kept me busy. One time there were these 5 litre cellar cask wines on the floor for a promotion. He went and started picking them up with one hand and putting them back on the shelves. He was strong! He would climb the burglar bars in his room and touch the ceiling and those bars were vertical with no horizontal elements. I found him on the roof once. I don’t remember how I got him down - he may have climbed down the way climbed up.

He used to romp with these two boys, sons of a friends, one his age and the other the older brother. They would both climb into Denver and he would hold his own. It was amazing to watch.

He loved music and would dance to it. I couldn't keep him off my hi-fi. We had a play pen for him but he wouldn’t stay in it so his mother would sit inside it while he played on the outside so she could read and do stuff. He was very lively. Anyway, I tried putting this pen up around my hi-fi but it he used it to climb up and reach the tape deck. He had his favourite tapes which he would play. He never damaged it. He had a break dance he used to do.

His brother was unusual to. They were two wonderful boys. Denver was very protective of his younger brother when they were little.

Two years ago, a few years after his major breakdown, we flew Denver up for Christmas and he began to feel part of the family again but he was nevertheless still very fragile. He wanted to go shooting with us so we arranged for an outing to a farm. We did some target shooting and had a great time. Then he wanted to hunt rabbits and hares so few days later we went rabbit hunting on the same farm. After a few false starts Denver finally got his hare. It was a great moment for Denver - he was delighted. I remember feeling very proud of him. The following evening we had hare for dinner, prepared by me (with some expert guidance). We had a good feast that evening and a great time.

This past Christmas Denver was looking really in great shape and was the life and soul of the party. He spent a lot of time playing with his cousins’ kids. He decided he wanted to go camping with us so the next day we headed off to a beautiful spot in the Hunua’s. There was Denver, my partner and I, his cousin Bronwyn and Marc with the kids. Denver spent a lot of time with the kids. We had a great time! That night his air mattress went flat when the plug popped out so he had to sleep on the hard ground. That’s a photo of him on the first day.

Those two days were the last moments I spent with Denver. The last time I spoke with him, the last time I hugged him.

Those two occasions were particularly special for Both Denver and I. He went camping again with his friends a few days later and going by the photo’s I've seen it seems he had some great times there too.

Rest in peace my son.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

I am so very sorry to be reading this. I can not even imagine. He obviously had a loving father and family. God's comfort to you all.
    BullFrog

The Lord is my rock and my salvation

Joel 2:28-32

Boolit Buddy

I can not imagine outliving my children. My heart and prayers go out for you and your family.

BF
    "The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."--Plato

Boolit Buddy
    We had a slimier situation with my older brother a few years back. I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers sent for you and your family.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12