MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyLoad DataWidenersTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check on wal mart amunition

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates

Check on wal mart amunition

Just found this info so will share it with my family ONLY.

No need to drive all over, wait in line, etc. Walmart is the best option.

There are two things you can do, but first understand how Walmart works. Each location gets a truck or two at night, usually before midnight, they then stock and rearrange displays all night long. The manifest of the contents delivered by truck are "accepted" and once this occurs everything that is coming in is automatically listed as "in stock" for that location. It is updated on the hand held scanners and their green screen inventory.

Al you need to do is:

1.) Hit the Walmart website, preferably between 2AM and 9AM. Select "Sports & Outdoors" category and search for "ammunition" not "ammo" or 22LR, etc. Walmart has intentionally "botched" the website so that the stock status of most ammunition will come up as "store information not available."

However, you can do some trickery and get around this message by altering the web page to get the inventory status. I use Firfox but the method is the same in any browser. When you're on the page for the ammo selected use Tools > Web Developer > Inspector. Hover your mouse over the "store information not available" words and click on it. You will see in the lower portion of your screen the code behind this message. Look for <div id="STORE MESSAGE" style="display: none; " ></div> and select it. On the right side of the lower screen you will see element {display: none;} When you hover the mouse over this a checkbox will appear, uncheck the checkbox. Once you uncheck the box, look to see that the message "store information not availavble" changed and you should now see the stock status AND be able to select "Find in another store" This allows you to find the ammunition at other nearby stores.

Now the easier option, but I explained the above because not everyone has one...

2.) Use your smart phone and download the walmart app. Again search using the full word "ammunition" and you should see all the different ammunition sold by Walmart. Now just as they made finding inventory status on the website difficult, they tried to make it difficult for the phone app but it is a much easier work around. With the phone app if the ammunition is in stock they try and hide this by putting up a message that says "inventory status unavailable." What this basically means is, the ammunition is there in stock. If it says "out of stock" it truly is out of stock. BUT there is also a button that you can select that says "more stores" and it will show nearby store stock status. Remember, "inventory status unavailable" means it is there.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Grand Master

A memeber posted something along these lines already w/ using the App.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    I posted it because even I could understand just what the instructions were.

I have no idea what (w/ using the App.) means.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

If you wait till 9am all the ammo is usually gone. I used to get there about 15 min till 7 am or maybe a little earlier, there were almost always the same group of people. First in line gets the goods.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Water Bill View Post
    I have no idea what (w/ using the App.) means.
    The #2 you posted. It's instructions for using the WalMart app.

Boolit Grand Master

Interesting on the first part but not very clear. Do you go to the walmart sight, save "your store", search for ammuntion and then go to firefox tools?
    All I get from the main sight is "available in store only" and no other information. What then?

A Ha! Got it. Thats pretty interesting. I use Firefox but have never really fiddled around with it.
    Last edited by jonp; 01-14-2014 at 10:57 AM.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master
    Why are you buying ammo anyway?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by btroj View Post
    Why are you buying ammo anyway?
    I only buy it when I can get it cheap and sell it for $100 a brick.

Boolit Master

I still don't get it ! All i see is 'In Store Only". What am i overlooking ?

Boolit Master

I still don't get it ! When I uncheck "element" I get an expanded message saying "Visit your local store to see if in stock"

Perma-Banned

What a great trick it is working for me.

Moderator Emeritus

Walmart does not sell ammo in New Jersey - I hate this state

Boolit Bub
    The APP says SATX is out of stock. I believe that. Thanks for the tip

Boolit Man

Interesting little trick. Has anyone used the "email me when it comes in" option that the website provides (after you do the little hack in the OP)? I tried it just out of curiosity.
    Trochilids, Living in The Great Land

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms." -- Samuel Adams, February 6, 1788.
    "Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense?" -- Patrick Henry, 1836.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by trochilids View Post
    Interesting little trick. Has anyone used the "email me when it comes in" option that the website provides (after you do the little hack in the OP)? I tried it just out of curiosity.
    Me Too.

BWB Nice trick.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Boolit Man
    Nice hack! I noticed that at the top of the list of nearby stores ["Your store does not carry this. Check nearby stores for availability?"] it displays a date & time for the last time the list was updated [I presume taken from whichever store on the list last changed their status either way, in/out of stock.] I actually had a list where the last update was a month ago when I checked on things this a.m!

I'll definitely use this trick going ahead in an effort to track down some 22WMR [for a new BB in that caliber I rec'd. for Xmas], but for now, all stores near me are out. I'll have to see if there's any way I can stretch the radius it checks beyond 50 miles, next!

I posted on these "tricks" around New Year's, but I'm glad to see that your not getting all the "wonderful" posts I did. If used you can pick up 22lr. The thing I would add is that most of the stores around me stock/sell ammo starting at 7am and you really need to be one of the first 4 to get any. Most of the larger packs come in a case of 10 boxes, and with a three box limit the first 3 get three boxes and the fourth gets the last one. Good luck.

Boolit Buddy

That works great for me on Firefox with ubuntu Linux. I'll be trying the phone app later if I can't get it to function at work. Since I work 70 miles from home I have the opportunity to cover a lot of ground.
    Thanks!
    Randy

Boolit Master
    Sent this info to my wally world chasin' friend, he can get there by 7, I can't!

Boolit Master
    Mr Wolf Walmart doesn't sell ammo in NJ because the the citizens aren't smart enough to follow the rules. They had the same problem in California. " Why does good old Joe have to wait 10 days, I know him and he is fine". DoJ and ATF didn't see it that way especially when "Good Old Joe" had a problem in the past that his gun selling friend in Walmart didn't know about. Walmart management made the determination that their employees as a group were incapable of being trained in DOJ and ATF rule and gave up all of there FFLs in California. I have been to other states and their emloyees seem a lot smarter there. For awhile it seemed that if your IQ was over 80 you couldn't get hired in Cal. by Walmart. It has improved but they still gave up their FFLs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast