Snyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Nevada get together for long range-ish shooting

Boolit Master
    I'm sure up for another location. Folks on the motorcycles had to have a death wish of some sort. Had it been me on one of the bikes finding I was on the berm of a shooting range, sure wouldn't have parked and discussed it with your fellow riders ?? I would have put lots of distance between me and that bluff. This storm passes, weather gets good, will head out to dial in my scope on the 300 a little better, something is off on that one. Ammo is 15 years old, might be time to shoot those cases M/T and get some fresh rounds made.
    Chris

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Back in the day.........There has never been that much traffic out there. I was suprized to see so many folks out and on the flats. The 1st Saturday we had a Cub shooting off airport landings on the flat.

Thanks for the kudos . I do agree about the back drop for safety concerns. It was actually kind of funny right at the end Sunday as we finished packing up 2 trucks pulled way down range to do some ''hard core'' 50 yd shooting ......back toward the highway...... On a lighter note we only mangled 1 ''T'' post (probably my doing) .
    I'd like to Thank Eric for taking away all the backers,Foxtrotter for the great offer on surplus items, Nvbirdman for the help w/the initial set up. Infact everyone that came out really brought something to this meet whether it was a unique low number rifle or steel plates or that extra hand at the start and finish.

LL ,
    I wasn't hitting w/any thing this go around anyway , I think I'll claim the ''Most lead sent down range w/o damaging a target'' award. My best shooting was minute of dinner,I mean it wouldn't win any matches but was good enough for table meat.

There was talk of another meet later in the yr after NCBS . I'm game and more than willing to bring the camper and set up. I'm pretty locked in untill probably July 1st as of now,w/goose hunts in March the grands B-days through April . May has a hog hunt and NCBS then more B-days in June . Late August would be generally good for an ''alpine'' meet . Having been here 38 yr I can tell you for certain that March/April and September are the most fickle months and weather will happen because it felt like it the 3rd week in August (IG 8/15-25) usually has a cool break (its just cool enough to get the dove all bunched up to blow town).
    If we'd like we can retire date descussions to the groups area under The Silver State Lead Barrons. That is an open invite for everyone in the ''Region'' to join in.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Mold
    I would like to give a big thank you to everyone who came out, being new to the world of boolits I had alot of questions and Harter, lovelife, and ammohead had answers to all of them (even the dumb ones)
    A government fearful of its citizens is the only good government.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Awwwee shucks.....
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789