RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Nevada get together for long range-ish shooting

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    2/21-2/23 ? My GF is into camping out and shooting so a week earlier would tickle her silly too. For me there's a no rules snow goose event calling my name in Arkansas. That ends in mid-March, I'm off work indefinately so I've lots of flex.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Mold
    Works for me how about everyone else. We should probably finalize the location and decide on a meeting place.

Boolit Master
    Just a thought.
    This is about the time of year that the Carson Valley Inn in Minden sponsored their own annual shooting event. I wrote about it in the Puget Sound newspapers where I was doing my regular outdoor columns a few years back. They were mostly shotgunning with wild game banquets but the Inn did a heck of a job with them and treated shooters right. While you "gentlemen of leisure" are in the area, you might check on that and what type of facilities the Inn might have special access to for future castboolit events. Holly and I used to love staying at the Inn when in the area.
    Wish I could be at this long-distance shoot but I will be getting to know some doctors really well throughout February.

Sounds like fun but it is still cold in February and I am a wuss. Just something to think about as I don't want to freeze my rear off.

Boolit Master
    I have done a lot of cross country skiing across Nevada valleys in February. The way the drought is going, this one will be an exception.

Boolit Mold
    I work out east of Fallon its been fairly warm for the last week.
    A government fearful of its citizens is the only good government.

Boolit Master

Warm weather is more to my liking. June maybe.....dale

Anyone else? Love Life ? Kinda your Baby.

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Love Life
    I'm good for wherever and pretty much when ever. Sorry I have been absent form this thread as I am knee deep in a brass buy.

Ok .
    Well I don't want to be a ''Honcho'' , but , I like the long flat 6 miles north of the Williams/Maine st light. There are lots of places in Fallon to meet and flex space as needed for fewer or more people for the Rally Point . I guess we can run this more or less like NCBS w/casual ''hey I'm Rich too'' lunch Friday Roolz dinner w/RO volonteers Friday evening over dinner , setting up Saturday about 9 am , pot luck lunch about 2pm Sunday depending on how far most of us have to travel to get home for work Monday morning.

Banned

if it were a feb 14-15 or march 6-7 time frame I could make the trip.

That works for me too.

Boolit Mold
    I'm wide open until mid March. Admittedly I'm looking for any reason to to go shooting

Shall we shoot for the 2/14-15-16 ? noon Friday at Pizza Barn or Jerry's or another main street lots of space/parking prefered by locals place ? On Friday 2/14......Its the ladies day, so maybe roolz at 9am 2/15 on the flat , let the games begin at 10? I have 1 Large table and can get a 2nd and 6 chairs anybody else ?

Banned

are we supposed to bring guns???
    j/k.
    i'll have to get some loading done though, I don't do a whole lot of this kinda thing.

This is the great American outback its not like we're just doing lunch in AZ just pulling y'alls chain.

I'll bring my Chrony as long as everyone promises not to shoot it.
    I can put up signs Friday afternoon.

Just to touch back this is cast prefered but an open shoot the ideal is to shoot long range at known and unknown ranges at targets of random selection (as oppsed to regulation) . We can shoot to about 700yd and have a 100+- yd pistol range also running at the same time.

How many shooters per RO ? Shall we make it ''Gentlemans code'' w/1 caller and 2 spotters per set up based on 30 shooters?

Lets make it a fun shoot w/o official winners this time.

I think I can talk Desert Fox into camera ops.

Boolit Master
    It all sounds like fun, and one of the great things about this place is lots of places to shoot, and I do often. One of the problems scheduling a thing like this, this time of year is weather and wind we usually get this time of year. We have been in a drought this year and have had little of both. And that lack of bad weather might help schedule something like this. On the other hand, conditions could change here this time of year in a heartbeat. In fact, think we should expect it to. I think it's a great idea, lots to be learned from each other, the members here, lots of fun as well. Thinking that scheduling this for April or May might give a better chance that the weather would favor a better shooting day. I'd hate for all of us to buy that much gas and end up hunkered down out of the weather and wind not getting a good day shooting. Love Life, thinking you might want to gather phone #'s in any case. We can usually see bad weather almost a week out. About a week out from what ever day scheduled, you could call those interested and confirm we are good to go. I don't see any problem with any of the places mentioned. One might be for those coming from far needing to spend a night or two. Carson Valley Inn in Minden is a great place even after the neighbors sold it couple of years ago. Couple of hotels in Topaz as well. Hayday dinner would be hard to beat for all. Love Life, if you want to talk about it, you know the first 3 numbers of my phone # for those of us in Wellington. Add to that 9940. Sure is the perfect day here today, no wind, mild temps.
    Chris
    Last edited by cwheel; 01-22-2014 at 03:34 PM.

Boolit Mold
    We could do two shoots and use the early one to figure out rules and such. If we decide to go east of Fallon I. Can keep everyone that's got to drive a bit posted on the weather.

Banned

sooo it's feb 14-16?
    and where Fallon ? Reno? Tahoe ? [shrug] the wife would like that ]
    she'll be coming with me anyway I'm sure.

Love Life
    Thanks for stepping up on this one Rich! I don't care where it is as long as we have fun, we can shoot far, we have fun, we have fun, etc!!!

I have a big steel target everybody can shoot at and target stands for paper targets. I'm sure I can come up with a box of knuckle sandwiches as well....

Looks like this has morphed a bit, but that's cool. Where Rich is describing we can kill many birds with one stone. Shall we insert some sort of contest? I can offer up a prize of 250 cleaned milsurp 308 cases...all lake city.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast