MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: Show your Tracker style WSK

Boolit Bub

Show your Tracker style WSK

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WSK.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	92767Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WSK2.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	92769Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WSK4.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	92770Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WSK3.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	92771I got into black smithing as a hobby since I couldn't buy a lot of the things I needed to make other things I wanted, so I would make them myself. Then I fell in love with the Red Scorpion 6 Tracker knife. But at $1200-$1600 they can keep it! I decided that since I sucessfully made parts i needed I would build my Tracker WSK. This was my first knife build and isn't perfect but it works. I am more happy with this knife than if I bought the $1200 one because at least I will use mine, the other one I would be afraid to use damage it or lose it, what good is a knife you won't use! This blade is about 1/4" thick and acts like and axe. It will chop through 4" oak branch with no problem, about as many wacks as it would take with a hand hatchet. The blade holds a razor sharp edge, and even though I wouldn't want to it could chip through a cement block, this sucker is strong!
    The blade is 5160 steel, Mahogany handles, and the pins are a little different I wanted them hollow so they are made from a carbonfiber arrow. Lets see some picks of your WSK!

Perma-Banned

That is a beast.

Boolit Master
    Awesome man, that blade rocks, anyone would be proud to carry that. I have a similar knife, predecessor to that style, a Kabar Warthog, been around since Vietnam war, short heavy, wide hollow ground, heavy duty knife.

I like my blades a little less massive than that. If I am doing hatchet/axe work I prefer a sharp hatchet/axe. No criticism implied or otherwise, just my opinion.

My "Ultimate" knife is a Remington hammersmith that I reshaped to be a better skinning, butchering blade.

You have the advantage in that you built yours from scratch. Nice set of skills to have.

The knife itself is a very nice piece of work all in all and looks to be extremely functional.

It all depends on what you want to use it for. For what I needed it for, my Remington fit me perfectly (after I shortened it and adjusted the point curve)

Yours will by the looks of it do what you need it to do.