Titan ReloadingWidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Repackbox Load Data
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hi Point or Glock?

Moderator Emeritus

Any ammo I would hope for a High Point carbine. If I am going to pack the weight I want the bbl length. Only my loads get another choice, but that isn't an option here.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Bub
    The last bastion of liberal thought in Texas
    I'm looking at the Jimenez Arms 32acp
    Last edited by kevindtimm; 12-30-2013 at 12:59 AM.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindtimm View Post
    I'm looking at the Jiminez Arms 32acp
    I was thinking more on the line of a jennings 9

Love Life
    You're leading us to an answer you already have. Out with it!!

I'd still roll Glock. Most ammo found would be factory. If you found handloads, chances are they would cycle the Glcok fine unless you have poor luck and you just smoked the one of 15 people in America who own a 9mm revolver and shoot powder puff loads.

Conclusion: I'll start with my own ammo. If smoking people and taking their ammo there is a high probability it will work. If it is just for busting rabbits to fill the pot then I don't care if it cycles or not.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Just in search of thinking men, Dick.

Typical thread here, it's a lot like herding ferrets!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Love Life
    Medusa revolver?

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Okay, let's throw this in the mix. Suppose you had to use whatever ammo you could find in .45. Everything from powder puff, to Bubba's smoking hot gunshow reloads special. Would you still pick the Glock?
    I picked Glock earlier, due to my previous bad experience with a Hi Point. For all I know it could have been the only bad Hi Point to ever leave the factory; but I really don't think so.

With no multiple assailant, close range, combat scenarios listed, I think I would change my pick to a Ruger Blackhawk convertible; specifically for the "Bubba's smoking hot gunshow reloads special."

Robert

Ummmmmm. I need a gun I can shoot well and you did mention survival. I dislike the Glock grip so I have to go with the M&P in 9MM if you must have a pistol but for survival, I'll side with my GP 100. Hell for strength, will shoot anything from mild to wild on two or four legs. Ammo is available, and reloading is easy and affordable. The revolver will out shoot the Glock.M&P or High Point if accuracy was to become important so there you are. 38 Special ammo is still widely available and you do have the option of .357mag.

Take Care

Bob
    ps My flattop Blackhawk .45acp/45LC would be a hard gun to leave behind as well. Up here cartridge availability might become a concern after some length of time. I don't have the .357/9MM convertible.
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    You don't have those choices. Glock or Hi Point.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Banned
    You don't have those choices. Glock or Hi Point.
    Do I have a choice of a Glock pistol or Hi Point carbine?

Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    Do I have a choice of a Glock pistol or Hi Point carbine?
    Nope!

Boolit Grand Master
    They are ugly but I go Glock in this one. I don't know of anyone who got rid of one for poor feeding or lack of reliability.

Phooey just shoot me. This is like asking a guy to marry either one of two ugly twin sisters.

Happy New Years !

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Banned
    Nope!
    This makes no sense. I will have to take this as meaning ANY Hi Point available or any Glock. I'll take my 45 acp carbine.

Love Life
    Can we have back up shurikens?

Stay away from the Bubba Ammo Company with either brand. Is the G30 Hi Pointish with its wide slide?

Who really buys a gun because its cute or not?
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Sorry but no self respecting person would ever own a Hi Point. The only good use for one I can think of is to have it in a plastic bag somewhere to be used as a throw down piece.

And don't bring up the price point. You simply should have saved longer or worked a bit harder.
    Sic Semper Tyrranis

Love Life
    Now, now. The hi-points are ugly, and heavy, and ugly. However; having played with quite few they are reliable and dang strong. I'm not going to go into detail on what we did to try and destroy a $50 special we picked up, but it was quite eye opening.

My brother has rocked a hi-point for years, against all my advice, for a couple reasons. It was cheap, it hits where he aims, and it has been very reliable. My brother has the money to buy pretty much whatever handgun he wants, has a few different ones, but the Hi-point is always with him whether going to the range or in the car.

He is comfortable with it and it works. Plus he paid $75 for it when he bought it from a guy at work.

Boolit Master
    The high point work fine for me and I don't like the bulge but do like the Glock in trigger safety dept but if push came to shove I'll go with a hi point.
    Look twice, shoot once.

Boolit Buddy
    Well if you like guns made out of Matchbox cars get a hi-point (seriously the frame is made out of the same metal). I personally will never own a hi point unless (and only unless) if I lived in a state that confiscated the firearm after it was legit defense and I wouldn't have a chance of getting it back.

But if I only had a hi point budget I would wait until the following budget and get this.....http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=385322689

Or nearly any of the mil surplus guns under $250.

That's just my .02

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast