WidenersLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lee Hand Loaders...

Found Lee Loaders in

I found a few Lee Loaders in 45-70, 45LC, 30-30, 20Ga.

What are they worth, and should I buy them. The 45-70 and 45LC are very good, the 30-30 and 20Ga are in cardboard boxes.

Tim

Boolit Buddy
    Whats different about the target models?

and for that matter, is there something different about the older ones? My last years lee catalog still lists them new, albeit for fewer calibers than in the past...

G.

G.
    "Brass?" "Check." "Lead?" "Check." "Powder? ""Check." "Primers?" "Check." "Lube? ""Check." "Good.... Gun? ......... Gun?......." "ummm.... I'm soposed to have a gun?"

Quote Originally Posted by freedom475 View Post
    All you collectors are causing a shortage and a price we people that want to use them can't afford! Just saw a 410 on E-bay for 71$ with 2days left on the sale

I bought one off E-bay a few years ago for a total cost with ship for $56. Sold it on E-bay this year for $110 plus ship
    WORK TO LIVE, LIVE TO HUNT
    SHOOT ONCE, KILL CLEAN, APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Boolit Master and Generous Donator
    G. Blessing:

The Target Model Lee Loaders are a lot more complete than the basic ones; they have provision for inside neck reaming, a case length trimmer like the one Lee sells separately, one of the older-style hand priming tools with matching shell-holder (instead of hammering the primers in with a mallet), and the seating depth is "micrometer"-adjustable. They are also REAL pricey, if the seller knows what he has. I've seen new-in-box examples go $75 - $100 on eBay; but I lucked out and got a decent one, well-used but serviceable, in .270W for $31.00 plus $8.95 postage.

floodgate

Boolit Buddy
    Ah! Thank you. :tu

Does sond to be with better options/function..

I have a 70s vintage one(non target) for 30-30, and my Dad has a pair of that age, for 357, and 30-06... I will be sure not to loose them now.

G.
    "Brass?" "Check." "Lead?" "Check." "Powder? ""Check." "Primers?" "Check." "Lube? ""Check." "Good.... Gun? ......... Gun?......." "ummm.... I'm soposed to have a gun?"

Boolit Buddy
    You guys collect the Lee Hand Loaders? I threw awy several sets, of rifle dies in the Red plastic cases, i might have some more I would have to did for them, tell me what you are looking for? I also know where there are some, I have no clue on how much the person would want for them?
    Greg

the upper left hand corner ie Washington state
    What is a fair price for common caliber Lee hand loaders? While we are at this how about a price for uncommon ones?

Exblaster

Boolit Grand Master
    Lee still produces them and they are sold at Midway, Midsouth, etc. I guess they go about $17 - $18 per unit. They don't make as large a varity as in the past, but still manage to cover many of the popular calibers. As far as the no longer manufactured calibers, it's just supply and demand economics. Caveat emptor. The .410 version has reached cult level status. Wish I could get one.

Boolit Master and Generous Donator
    exblaster:

Check them out on eBay. The older ones in the cardboard boxes seem to go in the $25 - $40 range, but with wild swings. As noted above, the 410's go high, as do the 28ga's. and 10 ga's. and the 3" versions run a bit higher too. There are usually 15 - 20 of them going at any given time; just watch for a while and occasionally a real good buy will come by - just don't let the auction fever grab you!

If anyone here has extras, offer them here first - many of us tend to accumulate them. Look for a WTS/Site Benefit offer from me on a .45-70 over the next few days - I had two feelers out and both came in; and another member provided the missing data card to complete the second set.

floodgate

Boolit Master at Heavens Range

A few months back John Lee told me that due to slow sales the days of the ol' whack-it Lee loaders were numbered. I now own one in every caliber for which I load . . . that they have one for, of course. Heads up, boys. . . .

the upper left hand corner ie Washington state
    Thank you for the reply to my question. I ask because I got 6 old Lee loaders in a trade a while back and poster two common caliber ones in the for sale section . From the lack of response I was worried I had priced them too high and would have to have them for breakfast some morning. I will post some of the better ones and see what happens.

Front sight and squeeze.
    Exblaster

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by armstrong View Post
    ...Thanks floodgate...gives me a starting point...this loader has me a bit puzzled..its complete except for the dipper,looks un-used.. charge card is 1963, but has no loading data on it...

I had one for 303 savage that was the same way(sold on Fleabay for
    $150 IIRC). There were a few very low production models that didn't get load data or a dipper from the factory.

Boolit Mold

Thumbs up Oldloder1

To any Lee Loader fans out there. I bought my first one--a 300 savage-- for under ten dollars in 1963. It was during huntnig season, the decapping rod broke and they had one in four days. Have been very pleased. As the family came along and started hunting we aquired--77 rem mag, 30-06, 243. Equal in accuracy or better than more costly systems. The brass seemed to last longer to. I just aquired a 7mm x 57mm mauser. If any one has a complete kit they would like to get rid of, let me know. Also who is a good supplier of brass?

Boolit Grand Master

The Upper Missouri Trading Company still has some in stock, next time i go up there I will make a claiber list.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrounger View Post
    All of the scoop loads in the Lee Loader boxes were well under maximum, they were downright light.
    You got that right. My new 2 1/2" .410 LL, intended for paper hulls and card wads, nevertheless has a dipper that is quite workable for plastic wads in plastic shells!

Boolit Master

Wherever they hire Philosophers & Misanthropes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldloder1 View Post
    To any Lee Loader fans out there. I bought my first one--a 300 savage-- for under ten dollars in 1963. It was during huntnig season, the decapping rod broke and they had one in four days. Have been very pleased. As the family came along and started hunting we aquired--77 rem mag, 30-06, 243. Equal in accuracy or better than more costly systems. The brass seemed to last longer to. I just aquired a 7mm x 57mm mauser. If any one has a complete kit they would like to get rid of, let me know. Also who is a good supplier of brass?
    The brass lasts longer because it is not being full-length resized... ond one of the top benchresters in the world used nothing but a Lee Loader.
    A Democrat that owns Guns is like a Vegan that owns Cats...
    C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
    Gott und Gewehr mit uns!...
    Death is only The End if you assume the Story is about You.
    1.618034 Fnord
    מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין - Daniel 5:25-28 - Got 7.62?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by twoworms View Post
    I found a few Lee Loaders in 45-70, 45LC, 30-30, 20Ga.

What are they worth, and should I buy them. The 45-70 and 45LC are very good, the 30-30 and 20Ga are in cardboard boxes.

Tim
    If my current bid on a 20ga set falls through, I'd like to discuss aquiring yours...
    1.618034 Fnord

Quote Originally Posted by Scrounger View Post
    All of the scoop loads in the Lee Loader boxes were well under maximum, they were downright light.
    Depends which powder you choose from the list. Some were pretty snappy.

Boolit Master

Scooping technique makes a hige difference too...
    1.618034 Fnord

Boolit Buddy
    I saw a target set for .223 go for over $75 when I quit watching it on e-bay. There was also a Mequon Loader that went for over $45 I was at work when that auction finished so I just bought a brand new set from Cabelas for $20.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast