Load DataWidenersRepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Multiple Single Stage Presses

Boolit Buddy

Multiple Single Stage Presses

Have found that using single stage presses in a row with a couple extra shell holders allows me to resize, move my case to a cheap zinc cast light duty Lee press to flair the case mouth and then charge the case. At this point I can set my cast boolit into the charged case and moveClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Presses.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	140.4 KB 
ID:	324647 it into the third Lee light duty press to seat and lightly crimp the finished reload. I can knock out two rounds per minute just pokin along. Although I have 4 Dillons, a Hornady progressive, and 3 C&H progressives it's a pain to change calibers just to make up a 100 rounds or so. Each single stage press has a die and shell holder for that particular caliber. This eliminates screwing dies in and out. Just loaded up about 80 rounds of 38-55wcf to take and burn up at the range. The Lee light duty single stage presses are inexpensive. I do use an RCBS Rock Chucker to do the initial resize. Besides the two extra presses you need two extra shell holders.

Boolit Master
    And enough space to mount them. Got a co-ax that snaps the dies in and out. No shell holders. Do use one for the hand prime or bench prime. Unclamp it from the bench and take to the range or wherever to load some more.

I basically do the same with a Rockchucker and RS Jr. mounted side by side. I can seat the bullet then move over to the Jr with the Lee fcd to crimp. Much of my reloading is for lever guns with tubular magazines.

Boolit Master

Several years ago I did something very similar. When loading rifle I would mount a powder measure between two Lee Challenger single-stage presses.
    Moving left to right I would size and prime, move the case to the powder measure and drop the charge, then move to the other single stage to seat the bullet.

It worked very well. Then Santa brought a turret press, and that took over all the other steps.

Boolit Grand Master

I have a Bair three station press and CH4D still makes a four station press, I believe. It is the same idea all in one press.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    Turret Press
    Even 2
    and 4 turrets for the Redding!!!

I have all my pistol sizing dies in a Lee pro 1000 disk all I do is change the shell plate, all my seating/crimp dies are in another disk my rockchucker does the sizing and priming and flair

Boolit Grand Master
    Lots of ways to get things done. Much depends on what you shoot and how much.
    Don Verna

Yep, I own that many single stage presses but own even more progressives, so I don't have to use them as much.

The OP's setup reminds me why turret presses exist.

Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    Yep, I own that many single stage presses but own even more progressives, so I don't have to use them as much.

The OP's setup reminds me why turret presses exist.
    Yep....I understand too, but imo turrets are the wrong answer. Lee's APP taught me that case and bullet feeders on a single is way useful and and a feature long overdue. Besides my original R.C, I have 2 more singles and 3 progressives and armed with electric collators on all but the R.C., they have made reloading way more pleasent and efficient for me.

Boolit Master

For small batches I use one of my LEE 4 hole turret presses!
    I have turrets set up for calibers that I don’t load much ammunition for.
    The higher volume stuff is loaded on a 1050 in 9mm or 45.
    Last edited by deltaenterprizes; 03-26-2024 at 08:59 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    I deprime on the small Lee press.
    Then clean, then size on another stronger press.
    Both done outside.
    Reload inside with a mix of presses on a midway table with 4 different presses on it
    But I have the space to do it this way.