MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackbox
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Arizona get-together

Boolit Master

Jan 25 is a go for me - lunch, wherever...

Ed
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Corrected my post, I am highly allergic to fish and sea food. Didn't realize autocorrect had changed the meaning of my humor.

As fort he 25th, as long as I don't have to go to California that weekend, I should be good. Usually I get a couple weeks notice! but MIL is really ill and that could change.

Boolit Master
    Support them with duck commander gear. I would think duck dynasty is trademark by the network

So guy's let's talk where to meet up - other than seafood being out were pretty open

Thoughts
    - cuisine
    - price range $, $$, $$$, $$$$, OMG$
    - ambiance
    - location (east side , west side, downtown)
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Buddy
    I can meet anywhere within 3 hours of Phoenix. I figure if someone can figure out where everyone is coming from maybe we can find something that is fairly centrally located.
    'The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
    Daniel J. Boorstin

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by brtelec View Post
    I can meet anywhere within 3 hours of Phoenix. I figure if someone can figure out where everyone is coming from maybe we can find something that is fairly centrally located.
    Tucson, Mesa, Lake Havasu City, Scottsdale, I'd say anywhere along easy freeway access it should be OK.

More feedback is needed please or I'll pick 1 from each category and you'll vote ennie, meanie, mini, moe .

Or it will be a Denny's, Home Town Buffet or Golden Corral meetup.
    Last edited by Artful; 12-29-2013 at 02:56 AM.
    je suis charlie

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    Tucson, Mesa, Lake Havasu City, Scottsdale, I'd say anywhere along easy freeway access it should be OK.

More feedback is needed please or I'll pick 1 from each category and you'll vote ennie, meanie, mini, moe .

Or it will be a Denny's, Home Town Buffet or Golden Corral meetup.
    Any of that works for me.

Boolit Master

I'd prefer the Phx area but the barbeque place in Wikieup sounds good. Give a break for anybody coming in from Kingman, Wickenburg, Bullhead etc from driving all the way into Phx. Possibly a future event in Az City or Prescott. Golden Corral or Hometown Buffet if we meet up in Phx. Both are great places but I give the edge to the Golden Corral.

I'm in for one thumbs down for Denny's but will anxiously attend if it is convenient for anybody else. While I was taking care of an elderly relative I ate at Denny's 3-4 times a week for over two years. Eventually all the food tasted the same to me.

I suggest everybody interested in attending to nominate and post a location and after a few days we vote.

Golden Corral - 3 votes so far NewbieDave007, Azrednek and me

locations to choose from ...

1868 N Power Rd Mesa, AZ 85205 Phone: (480) 985-6793

1318 NORTH COOPER ROAD, GILBERT, AZ 85233 Phone480)507-3331

5679 W. NORTHERN AVENUE, GLENDALE, AZ 85301 Phone623)937-0866

420 NORTH DYSART ROAD, GOODYEAR, AZ 85338 Phone623)925-9075

7609 WEST THOMAS ROAD, PHOENIX, AZ 85035 Phone623)848-1655

17674 N LITCHFIELD DRIVE, SURPRISE, AZ 85374 Phone623)544-0900

http://www.yellowpages.com/scottsdale-az/golden-corral
    Last edited by Artful; 12-30-2013 at 11:49 PM.
    je suis charlie

Boolit Buddy
    Sounds good to me. These are all convenient for me. Truth be told, the power road location is 3 minutes from my house.
    'The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
    Daniel J. Boorstin

Albert Einstein

If everyone else is OK with power road it's ok with me.
    je suis charlie

Boolit Master

Power Rd is ok with me but I think we should consider Larry Gibson offering to car pool with others coming in from the Lake Havasu area. I'm not trying to add confusion or discourage anybody from the east Mesa location but before we all rubber stamp our OK on Power Rd. Lets wait and hear from Larry or anybody wishing to attend from his neck of the woods.

For now I'm going to assume Golden Corral on Power Rd unless we hear from others wanting to meet up elsewhere. Going forward from here lets have yes, no, maybe or alternate suggestions to the Power Rd location. If the meet-up is successful we can plan future events at locations more convenient for others.

A few years ago several of us met up in east Mesa for a lead group buy. The meet-up was very successful. Got to put a face behind many of the handles used on this board. I for one was really glad to have attended getting to meet AzStew before he passed. Az member Calehedro literally worked his butt off trying to put the lead purchase together. The lead supplier turned flakey, story changed daily and everybody was promptly refunded.

Just something to consider and possibly chat about at a meet-up. If we were to pool our $$'s possibly we could approach Glendale Metals and save a few bucks on his scrap lead.

Boolit Master

North Power Road is OK with me...

Ed
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

The Power location is fine with me but to be upfront it is shooting distance from where I'm staying right now. I'm also willing to travel if that works better for others.

Boolit Buddy
    Me too, I can travel easier than a lot of folks. Plan around yourselves and I will get there.
    Daniel J. Boorstin

Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by azrednek View Post
    Power Rd is ok with me but I think we should consider Larry Gibson offering to car pool with others coming in from the Lake Havasu area. I'm not trying to add confusion or discourage anybody from the east Mesa location but before we all rubber stamp our OK on Power Rd. Lets wait and hear from Larry or anybody wishing to attend from his neck of the woods.
    Agreed - I'll send Larry a PM so he can think about it and chime in.
    je suis charlie

Boolit Master

I checked w/son Jim, who lives in Tempe. There's a joint at the corner of Eliot and McClintock named Flanny's - a family run joint that has good food, and they change their beer menu daily. Real friendly neighborhood place that he & I have walked to from his house - he even brings his 2 1/2 yr-old dotter for breakfast ocasionally. Can't go wrong with Flanny's...
    I talked w/Jim after I had posted this originally. He says he can arrange it so we have a private area that will accommodate up to 15-17 folks, and their sandwiches are Number ONE!
    Also, it is very convenient for folks to get to, more centrally located than the Power place, and so on. Easy to get to from the 101, 202, I-10, &cetera.
    Last edited by Echo; 01-04-2014 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Additional info
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U

Boolit Master

Bump for Flanny's
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbieDave007 View Post
    The Power location is fine with me but to be upfront it is shooting distance from where I'm staying right now. I'm also willing to travel if that works better for others.
    Is there room for one more for this party
    Inequality is to try to make Unequal things Equal Aristotle

Boolit Master

So far, should be room - depending on a concurrence on where we are going to meet. I haven't heard any remarks re Flanny's from any of the other attendees.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast