RepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Load DataInline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard from john @h-g firearms?

EDM produces an excellent finish and using 'interpolation' dimensions can be hit perfectly in pre hardened steel (or carbide) which is the icing on the cake.

Boolit Master
    My Corbin order shipped yesterday, placed order on 3/29/14. Customs dies, custom punches and a press. I had planned on Oct soonest per his backlog, but they must've not been too custom not to be run with another batch of dies near the same caliber

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by BT Sniper View Post
    I felt the same way when I wanted to get my first set of swage dies and looked into the prices, so I decided to attempt to make my own. It was very challenging (to put it mildly, more like very frustrating and tried my patience many times) and opened my eyes to the extent of labor involved, suddenly those prices didn't look that high any longer

BT
    I started viewing this area of the forum about the time you started posting about your progress in making them for the commercial market. It didn't take long to see why they cost what they cost. Making a set for one's self, IMO, would be a labor of love. Making them to sell as a business is for the select few.

Swage dies weren't cheap to order when I first looked into them in 30 years ago. I have managed to pick up used ones here and there over the years.

Boolit Mold
    I unfortunately made a large HGFirearms purchase and only received a portion of the order. I don't even know if what I have functions properly.
    The original agreement was half up front and half on delivery. Upon delivery John sent an email confirming the package was going out the door and to send the last check. I sent the last check and waited for two weeks and nothing never came.
    This year he indicated he had health issues so I was willing to wait to help the guy out.
    I've received two bogus tracking numbers this year from this guy.

Now that I've found this thread my whole theory behind John/HGFirearms was correct. He has given me every story the book for the delays except alien abduction.
    Does anyone here have an update with any current investigations?

Boolit Mold
    It is amazing how he gives everyone same story every year same story. I try to email him few times a week and no response my press is lost somewhere lol. I got the dies but no ejector pin like last guy and press was in the mail . Few fake tracking # ect I agree we should make a list of people that have been exploited by him and file a law suit or contact local law enforcement. He need a to be honest not tell us stories. When I get home I will post pics of his work I am not too happy with finish product I can't even try them and get more disappointed. I can't believe he is doing all of this. I wish I knew he was scamming people like this.

Boolit Man
    Im in for a law suit or what ever is possible. I currently have an order for $848, and all i got is few mails, and a lot of B*****t

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    a hundred years ago, we'd be out looking for a tall tree...
    Shoot'em If You Got'em...

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
    a hundred years ago, we'd be out looking for a tall tree...
    Have crossed my mind, but as a civilized bloke i can settle for less

I cant believe there are no lawyers or cops on this site that can give some advise to all you guys that have been screwed by this clown..lets face it your never going to get your money back and until something happens to him legally his list of scammed folks is just going to get longer and longer...he has found an easy way to make money and it don't look like he has any intention of stopping...its like a Ponzi scheme with parts

I posted here a few months ago about my problems with HG firearms and I finally went to the sheriff at Lake city MI and Deputy Brief took my statement and as of Monday the DA, Wm Donnelly hasI believe he said five people that took my advise and filed complaints, He is reviewing the files now, but he first impression of the case is that John Gilbert is conducting a fraudlent operation. All I can tell you guys is call the sheriffs office (231-839-4338) file a complaint and then call the DA (231-839-3111) and let him know that you filed a complaint so you can get added to the list. I am hoping for some sort of gain from all this, either my order filled or refunded. I was also asked if I was willing to come to MI to testify if it went to court, and I said it would be difficult for me to do, I live in South Al., but I would. I will spend the money necessary traveling to MI to get this guy out of the business.

Good for you...I hope all who got screwed come forward..money is so damn hard to come by honestly who can afford to just give it away for nothing...some people just need to get whats comeing to
    them (except me of course)

Boolit Master
    Would their be a case number assigned?
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbull34 View Post
    I posted here a few months ago about my problems with HG firearms and I finally went to the sheriff at Lake city MI and Deputy Brief took my statement and as of Monday the DA, Wm Donnelly hasI believe he said five people that took my advise and filed complaints, He is reviewing the files now, but he first impression of the case is that John Gilbert is conducting a fraudlent operation. All I can tell you guys is call the sheriffs office (231-839-4338) file a complaint and then call the DA (231-839-3111) and let him know that you filed a complaint so you can get added to the list. I am hoping for some sort of gain from all this, either my order filled or refunded. I was also asked if I was willing to come to MI to testify if it went to court, and I said it would be difficult for me to do, I live in South Al., but I would. I will spend the money necessary traveling to MI to get this guy out of the business.

Boolit Mold
    Rodol did u get ur dies my came in mail 3 weeks ago and press is missing still he is not replaying to my emails nothing coming up. Dies dont look to good in my opinion bad craftsmanship I will post pics I hope that yours are better than mine. I don't know how to upload a pic :/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Boolit Mold
    Let's try again Attachment 107610

Boolit Mold

Cool

One more as u can treads are all messed up

Boolit Mold
    More pic

Using Tapatalk

As you can see ........ This dosent look good to me at all
    Using Tapatalk

Those pic's are called "using tool steel with a dull cutting tool to thread with". He uses 06 tool steel and it is very hard to make perfect threads on if your cutter is dull. This is what it looks like to me anyway. I've stopped using the o6 and a10 tool steel in favor of 12L14. Tools much better, much easier to work with and gives a good result. It will harden to almost the same hardness as o6 and a10.

But if treads are not good don't u think press will destroy them after heavy use or will this work ? If they don't thread nicely in I won't be able to back them out. Can't wait to get the press and see what happens than. I have emailed him 7times since yesterday and nothing lol and I have send him this pictures and complained about them. He will probably make some excuse. If I don't get anything this month I will be working in a lawsuit there is enough people that we can try to do something.
    Using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast