RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationTitan Reloading
WidenersSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: How long does it take?

How long does it take?

How long does it take, to realize it's a good deal? Looking at some ammo for a few days and finally realized that is was a great deal, so I jumped on it.

In Remembrance
    If you see ammo here that you think you may need, you had better have it in your hand and a good hold on it, so somebody don't take it from you before you get to the register. lol

Boolit Grand Master

Uuuuummmm,
    Ihavenoideaitsnotagooddealatallifyoudidn'tloadityo urselfandwhywouldyoushootcoppercondomsanywayexcept tosavetimeatthebench,butyouhadenoughtimetopostthis crazyassquestioninthefirstplacesoitrealydoesntmatt erafterallandthisiscastboolitsyaknow?itsnotasitefo rstoreboughtenammoanyway!!!
    puff puff puff
    It's only a good deal if it is!
    This is so much like a question my wife would ask me.

Still, I'm going to let you in on a secret. I can show you where to get ammo so cheap you'll never go back to the store again for their best sale!
    See there's this strange device called a boolit mold..............
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Boolit Buddy
    Immediately if I was looking. It's either a deal or it isn't....no amount of looking at it will change that.

Boolit Master

Mr Goodsteel did that in one breath, shucks I needed three to read it! A good deal is, or it is not; and your good deal may not be so for another. It is the cash in your pocket not the thought that finally determines how good a deal it is.

DRNurse1

Education is one thing you can give away freely while suffering no personal loss and likely increasing one's own knowledge.

Properly vetted source information prevents GIGO, the scourge of the internet.

In Remembrance
    Too funny. lol

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

If one is happy with whatever "deal" they made, I would say then it is a good "deal" for them. Happiness is good.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master

I did not realize a good deal was so objective. But.......the deal Tim mentions is one I have not been able to pass on more than once or twice.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Grand Master
    A really good deal doesn't need to be thought about, you just know it. A decent deal you might think about but can soon realize it is good. A fair price is something you think over and hem and haw about but then decide it is fair, but not great. A slight screwing is something you hem and haw over , decide it isn't bad, then realize later on it wasn't to good, hate that. A real screwing you just know up front, laugh, and walk away.

In the end we each must decide what a good deal is. I have seen great deals where I didn't buy. Offer me a 2000 dollar shotgun for 1200, I'm not buying. Sorry.

My standard is different- are YOU happy with the purchase? Did it fill a need or want? Will you use it? If it meets those criteria then I am happy for you, well done.

Boolit Master

Sometimes you don't realize you got a good deal until a year has passed.

BugIn
    Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Boolit Grand Master

For me to decide? Or for my wife to decide? We've been married 38 years and still her initial response is "No". That's if it involves money. If it involves my time, that's a different story. She has changed in that one, though.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Moderator Emeritus

that'd be when 22LR ammo is the same price it was 13 months ago !
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

I have sometimes paid a bit more than I thought an item was worth but the condition and scarcity of the item made me go ahead and get it. Later on down the road I was glad I did in most cases. I was able to use the item and enjoy it when I may have just had an empty regret in not picking it up when I had the chance.

gmsharps

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    that'd be when 22LR ammo is the same price it was 13 months ago !
    Being as I spent $80.00 a brick for Match .22 LR ammo 5 years ago and I can still buy the same Match ammo on line for $80.00 a brick I guess I'm getting a good deal.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I'll tell ya 10yr ago I was still loading steel shot less time it was $5.60-80 a box . I hit a post season clearance at $6.12 w/tax . That was a great deal on1/16 1510fps Kent Fasteel . That Fall I scored PMC steel shot 12ga 1 1/8 1470fps for $53/case OTD even if the performance drops off at 30 degrees it was still a great buy. why? Because they use the same parts I was loading. The 40-60 cents more wasn't worth the time and the PMC cost less than I could load it . Now 45 Colts at $19/box (half price) might look good but not when I load them for $6. The same goes for 9mm/38/357 $5.60 +-/box (which are all happy w/1 single $40 6C Lee 358-125 RNFP mould).Yes that 1 mould can be used for all 3 and if its fat enough w/1/20 I might even shoot it in a 38 S&W.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Moderator Emeritus

In 1994 I bought a CA bulldog in 44 special. I liked the way it handled and it grouped OK. 3 months later I saw a 4" S&W model 24 44 special with target sites for what I thought was a fair price. I went back the next day and it was gone. Since then I keep the decision time to 20-20 minutes max. I may buy and sell some but it keeps me at peace with my decisions. The Bulldog is gone and the S&W would have been in my casket with me.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

Didn't know if I was going to get through that or not.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant