Reloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2Repackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWidenersTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The final inspection

Boolit Master

The good news is there appear to be no sheeple here.

My reading into the OP is the light shining out, calming that soldier's fear and guiding his actions comes through Him. The good works are the cause but the result of trying to show His light to others after we accept our place in His flock.

But I am often wrong about other things, too.

DRNurse1

Education is one thing you can give away freely while suffering no personal loss and likely increasing one's own knowledge.

Properly vetted source information prevents GIGO, the scourge of the internet.

Boolit Mold
    I see this is pretty old, but I just found this forum on a Google search because I just did a theological analysis of this wonderful poem, and wondered who else might have also. I wanted to share it here after reading some of the comments.

I love this poem, but... I want posts of this nature to be theologically accurate, so I began to analyse this, and was blown away!
    On the surface, it seems there may be problems, but this is really brilliant. Follow along, but this will skip around a little bit in the poem.
    The soldier stands before his God. "His": personal possessive pronoun. This is the God the soldier claims as his own. So what God are we talking about?
    That becomes clear in a moment: "Have you always turned the other cheek, and to My church have you been true?" So the soldier has personally accepted Jesus Christ as his God.
    "I know I don't deserve a place among the people here" He does not claim to have earned his salvation, here we have faith + nothing.
    From this we can determine that he is standing before the Bema Seat of Christ, which makes the question Jesus asks of him make sense: "How shall I deal with you? Have you always turned the other cheek and to My church have you been true?"
    This is an awards ceremony. Admittedly, the soldier does not seem to realize this quite yet.
    Notice that although the soldier brings up his own shortcomings, they are never mentioned by Jesus. Sin was judged on the cross, never to be an issue with God again.
    God asks for an account of the good deeds he has done as a Christian, which is what will be judged, and renders judgment very reminiscent of Matthew 25:21: "His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."
    Note that in the final line, there are two statements, but they are connected by a comma not a conjunction (a comma splice). The first part "Walk peacefully on heaven's streets" is not dependent on "you've done your time in hell"

Respectfully posted
    Last edited by GPC; 05-30-2021 at 04:29 PM.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    This does not belong here . If you want to 'theologically' discuss it then take it to the theological sub forum here in the Chapel . I see that this is your first post on the forum .I wish you well but divisive rebuttal such as yours does not belong here .

The Theological' forum is the place for it...NOT HERE !
    No turning back , No turning back !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12