Load DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

Thread: Why some new members will do better than others here.

Boolit Master
    I just want to take a second to thank all the casuals and new shooters. Without them the hand full of bullet wizards would have no material support. The reason we have so many mould manufactures and die makers is that thousands and thousands of people buy these products. I'm glad I live in a time when I can still buy a mould for $25 online and make good boolits. Without so many people giving it a shot we'd have to rely on expensive hand made one off products and the community would be much worse off for it.

Moderator Emeritus

it seems like this thread needs to come up to the light again.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Buddy

Recluse: I enjoyed your thoughts and dissertation. Have been casting boolits and reloading for over 50 years. Try to teach younger guys like my grandsons casting and reloading. Even their friends are interested. But being an old fart I try to keep an open mind. A friend asked why I still vibrate my brass in walnut shells?? He showed me his stainless pin tumbling on brass. My old vibrator tubs are getting dusty now. The pin tumbler with Dawn soap and citric acid now makes my brass look like new. If he had not made the comment, I would still be vibrating brass with walnut shells! An old dog can still learn a new trick!!!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rockindaddy View Post
    Recluse: I enjoyed your thoughts and dissertation. Have been casting boolits and reloading for over 50 years. Try to teach younger guys like my grandsons casting and reloading. Even their friends are interested. But being an old fart I try to keep an open mind. A friend asked why I still vibrate my brass in walnut shells?? He showed me his stainless pin tumbling on brass. My old vibrator tubs are getting dusty now. The pin tumbler with Dawn soap and citric acid now makes my brass look like new. If he had not made the comment, I would still be vibrating brass with walnut shells! An old dog can still learn a new trick!!!!
    Totally agree. I do both and both work.

Boolit Mold
    I've been reloading for about 45 years and casting for about 10 years (nubie by forum comparison)
    I cast from 22lr to 50 Beowulf and got started casting when I joined Cowboy Action shooting. Saved a lot of money and it is fun to cast a "perfect bullet".
    Many thanks to the people at LA shooting club(LASC.com) for their website that teaches the metallurgy behind boolit casting.
    Next step is to upgrade to wet tumbling brass. tumbler is under construction right now. I learn so much every time I come to this forum. Thanks for the Edjumacation!

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920