WidenersReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need some tacticool stock tape!

check out Chinamart or Amazon for fabric type that wraps around and held by velcro
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Banned

Mole foam is the stuff of legend between myself and an old college friend who have a penchant for hiking extremely long distances in rough country. It's the only thing I've found that prevents heel blisters on long uphills, no matter how well your footwear fits.

That would solve the cheekrest issue just fine, but not the fore-end or stock toe. I haven't worked out exactly what to do with that, perhaps just some heavy, vinyl tape.

Gear

Boolit Grand Master
    Something very slick on the forearm and toe. I think you want something that won't grab or bind even when humidity is up and Lord knows you get humidity.

Moderator Emeritus

I just seen this thread.

Gear, what you are looking for is "mastic tape pads"
    http://www.zorotools.com/g/00052169/k-G2970502?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=cpc &utm_campaign=Google_Shopping_Feed&kw={keyword}&gc lid=CIijlLC5sbsCFSISMwodOA4Asw
    I don't have any right now, but I've used it many times in the last 20 years, while building industrial control panels, where I need to isolate high current/high voltage from the metal sub-panel, to meet UL specs if the distance is within 0.500"
    This stuff is basically thick electrical tape panels.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

3M makes an anti abrasion tape for aircraft use. I had a roll that was 2" wide and clear and I mean very clear! I have used it on the inside of rocker panels so they dont get scratched up by feet getting in and out. It's tough stuff, sorry no link and no info on the cost .
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by btroj View Post
    Sinclair sells stock tape for just that purpose.
    Big +1, teflon or such if I remember right.
    http://www.sinclairintl.com/shooting...prod33154.aspx

Banned

I've used the mastic pads before in automotive applications, it's used to cover holes in body panels such as inside doors or floorboards. The kind I'm used to has a clear outer layer and is like stiff, rubbery tar. It's stretchy and mouldable. I might also have some in my toolbox.......

The Teflon BR pads is pretty much what I had in mind from the beginning, but I might also need something a little more cushy to cover up the stippling on the finish.

Gear

Boolit Grand Master
    Other than the fact it isn't reversible is there a reason you couldn't mark the areas you want smoothed on forearm and toe and just coat with some epoxy then smooth it out? Sand it smoother when hardened then use tape.

Boolit Master
    Gear, it sounds like maybe a combination of the above suggestions might work for your forend. How about a wrap of moleskin covered by a wrap of one of the recommended slick films? Maybe this would also prevent a transfer of adhesive to your stock, which would surely happen on hot days.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12