RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
WidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Family Feud

Family Feud

There sure seems to be a lot of it here lately.
    Or maybe it's just me.....
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

North Central Montana; across the wide Missouri
    ?????????????????????????

Lots of long winded arguments of several threads.
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Boolit Master
    Not just you! Ya know? I was thinking the same thing just a few days ago. Maybe cabin fever has set in early this year? Sure seems to be an over-abundance of "Thin-skin Syndrome" around lately! Still the best place around!
    R.D.M.

Super Moderator

It's probably because people keep posting about Doe Run, and can I shoot this boolit without a gas check. Or not having any loading manuals and coming here looking for instant load data gratification.

Love Life
    I drink alot, and dost prunk!!

Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post

Not really.
    Lmao!!!!!

Banned

This thread T's me off. I'm tired of complaining about complaining and arguing about arguing.
    Last edited by jmort; 12-04-2013 at 07:24 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

It's no different than any other forum I belong to. Gotta take the good with the bad and weed out the trolls.

Don't feed the trolls.

I believe it the "Foundation of the Perpetually Indignant" at work.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Boolit Grand Master
    Here is the danger. Good talented people can get driven off or stop posting because of all the BS. I have seen it happen on other forums.

I wonder if a "Premium Membership" forum would work. It would have fewer sub forums - maybe none. Cost would be high enough to keep the trolls out - say $100/year. This weeds out guys who will not spend $25 for a manual. Premium members would still be able to post on the current forums but have a place where like minded people could interact.

It will also give the forum additional revenue.

I feel that I receive great value from this site only because of the few handfuls of talented people who reside here.

Don Verna

Come over to my forum, none of that there!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post

Not really.
    Why not?
    Sounds like fun!

Boolit Buddy
    It's just like "All In The Family" >fast forward a few years
    Instead of the Hippies vs. the WWII generation,
    It's the guys raised with Google on their cell phones vs. the guys that were raised with the Dewey Decimal system.
    Mike and Archie argued a lot but they still needed and loved each other.
    Doesn't this sort of thing happen with every new generation that comes along

Boolit Grand Master
    Nah, not a feud.

We just have some people with many years of experience who have strong views on things. Seems that a guy gets to a certain age and he just tires of BS.

We are loud, vocal, opinionated, and at times gruff. Long as it is not personal I don't care.

Boolit Mold
    Try asking a question about an AR15 on one of the AR15 forums! Every armchair warrior and "tacti-cool" geek will heap their "knowledge" upon you, even if it doesn't answer your question. I had a problem with a reload and a stuck bolt, and wanted to know what was the best way to get a sticky bolt out of the gun. I didn't get any answers, but I got told what an idiot I was and that I didn't know what I was doing. I was told that since I was a newcomer to reloading that I needed to be extra careful reloading until I got more experience, etc. etc. blah, blah, blah.

I've been reloading my own cartridges for nearly 40 years! (Not saying I'm too old to learn something new) I managed to solve my own problem with the stuck cartridge anyway.

Boolit Grand Master
    That is one HUGE difference here- armchair quarterbacks, mall ninjas, and tacticool guys don't last long here.. The majority of the gruff guys here have the years of experience to back up what they say.

We are a bit of a "put up or shut up" kind of site. BS doesn't hack it here.

Matter of fact, this is exactly why I don't frequent other sites. This one suits me fine.

Boolit Master
    It's the beginning of the cabin fever season in some parts of the country which can lead to some folks being more crochety than normal.

bhn22
    We live in a frustrating time in history, anxiety is everywhere. I talk daily with people who are frustrated, and don't even know why. There is of course, more than one reason for the pain, and it's different to different people. We just need to make it through this.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by btroj View Post
    That is one HUGE difference here- armchair quarterbacks, mall ninjas, and tacticool guys don't last long here.. The majority of the gruff guys here have the years of experience to back up what they say.

We are a bit of a "put up or shut up" kind of site. BS doesn't hack it here.

Matter of fact, this is exactly why I don't frequent other sites. This one suits me fine.
    Agree completely.

We have a large percentage of veterans here, yet I have never read--not even once--of ANY of the vets here extolling any missions or operations they were a part of, how many purple stars of legion & merit they were awarded, how many of "the enemy" they killed (barehanded or otherwise), etc. On so many of the other sites, you'd swear every other member there was a retired command master chief from Delta Team Six/PJ Ranger Recon Beret battalion.

I've met some of the fellow vets here and know others by reputation. I suspect Runfiverun and I had awful similar jobs in the Air Force. We've got some folks here that the first beer is on me should we ever meet up anywhere.

And yet, everyone is quiet about that. We have world-class shooters here, shooters who have won more trophies and plaques than Hallmark has cards. Yet, they're very quiet about it. We have members here whose contributions to reloading and shooting and boolit casting put them at the pinnacle of the shooting world. But they're quiet.

It's the occasional new drive-by members that show up, mouth off, look for an easy way out or easy solution then don't like the answer they're given and mouth off some more and try to impress everyone with their gun world experience and panache.

Doesn't fly. When it was just the occasional such instance every once in a great while, not much was said. But it seems like it is increasing in frequency around here, and as with any old(er) person, there is only so much back-up left before the decision is made to stand your ground.

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast