Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackbox
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWidenersReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Lord is testing me

Banned

The Lord is testing me

Well guys, yesterday I got horrible news, the preliminary check up for my 4 yo Elli is she has cystic fibrosis and will be lucky to live past 30, I have been in a right mess and am so depressed right now. I do not post here often and am not sure what anyone can do, so as of now I am wearing the skin off of my knees praying that the next test comes back negative.

God bless everyone.

Banned

Praying for you, your daughter, and your family. I get so angry with satan and our fallen world. Thank God we have our Lord and Savior Jesus and the Holy Spirit. No words will suffice but prayer will help. May God Bless you Brother.
    John

Boolit Master
    The Lord never gives you any more than you can handle, 338. I know it's devastating news and almost unfathomable. My oldest and very precious daughter was diagnosed with cancer when she was only 19. She was found to have a cancerous tumor in one of her sinuses. She had one preliminary biopsy, and then underwent a 12 hr operation. We later found out that it was experimental at the time. At any rate, the doctors were able to get all the tumor out, and they did not recommend chemo or radiation. All she had to do was to have an MRI every yr for ten yrs. (She decided to stop the MRI's after 5 yrs) She's been married for 10 yrs, and given us 4 wonderful grandchildren that we love dearly, and they return that love . We attribute the success of the surgery to the Lord and give Him thanks for that. At the time, there were many prayers for strength, comfort and wisdom raised, not only by us, but by our church family. Those prayers were greatly appreciated. The three older granddaughters are being raised in a Christian home, and know the Lord. The oldest, 9, has already read the Book of Revelations. I will pray for you, and meanwhile, just take each day as it comes and enjoy your daughter. The Lord will take care of the rest.

Banned

Thanks guys, there are excellent people here on CB

Boolit Grand Master

What sounds overwhelming now may sound much less so in 15-20 years. Medical advances are happening so quickly and massively that I would not worry about anything that is that far out. Concentrate on what it means now and how it will affect her life now and in the next five to ten years.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Joshua,

"May the LORD bless you and keep you; May the LORD make his face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace."

God will test you, but never more than you can bear..... Keep your faith, and keep your head up....
    You are in my prayers...

Bo
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not"
    Thomas Jefferson

In Remembrance

My prayers are with you and your family and especially your daughter.
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Praying for you and your family. God only chastises His own. Praying for strength, comfort and healing for ya'll. God bled

Mark

Boolit Master

Wayne Smith comments are exactly what I would have said. The advancements we are seeing everyday in medical science give me hope in knowing that God does have a final design on everything. I will also up my prayers to help alleviate your concerns and that you will see that your daughter still is here with you and will remain a star within your eye forever and a day.

Bruce
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Banned

"Wayne Smith comments are exactly what I would have said."

That is one beautiful thing, we fight satan on a Spiritual plane, and the doctors/medicine/scientists/researchers fight satan on the temporal plane. I too expect some progress that will blow our minds within the next 10 to 20 years.

Boolit Master

Prayers being offered up.

Don't forget that no matter what may happen in the future, you have the here and now to spend with your daughter. Make the most of every day you have with her, and stay strong for her.

Like people have said above, medicine is advancing at an incredible rate and conditions that are dire now, will likely be a short trip to the doctor in the near future. In the meantime we are all praying for you and yours.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jmortimer View Post
    "Wayne Smith comments are exactly what I would have said."

That is one beautiful thing, we fight satan on a Spiritual plane, and the doctors/medicine/scientists/researchers fight satan on the temporal plane. I too expect some progress that will blow our minds within the next 10 to 20 years.
    I basically agree, however, I am VERY concerned as to the effects of "O Dumbocare" on Doctors and their research. If it is allowed to stand Medical Care WILL be set back to the 1940-50's.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sparky45 View Post
    I basically agree, however, I am VERY concerned as to the effects of "O Dumbocare" on Doctors and their research. If it is allowed to stand Medical Care WILL be set back to the 1940-50's.
    This was my second thought, honestly this concerns me a lot.

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.

Boolit Master

Prayers the the Lord Savior will look after your daughter and her family.Amen
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Prayers sent for Elli, you, and the rest of your family.
    Sully

Praying for Elli right now. Good bless you and your family. As a parent I can understand your pain and your fears. It is times like this when we need the body of believers to hold us up in prayer.

I came to this forum to learn about bullet casting, but I joined because of the fellow believers who support each other here. We are with you. Keep us up to date and by doing that you will gently remind us to keep praying.

"His mercy extends to those who fear him, from generation to generation." Lu 1:50

Al
    Joshua 1:9

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning
    God still works miracles. Will be praying God's desire will be accomplished in all this.
    Do remember in all this you will be in contact with numerous individuals who have never met a real Bible practicing person who would share the Gospel in love.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master

I am indeed sorry to hear of this. I do know the nothing is impossible for God to do. I pray the the next results are negative.
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by sparky45 View Post
    Clinical care and research are two different things with very different financial backing. I don't expect to see research suffer much. The application of that research may, though.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast