Load DataSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
RepackboxWidenersLee PrecisionReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very Rare Photo

Very Rare Photo

Just got back from making a mad dash to Wisconsin. Mom and Dad left a couple days before and mentioned it would be neat to get a 5 generation picture. The more I thought about it the more I liked the idea, so Friday we jumped in the car and left.

I aint been back there in about 16 years. WOW the traffic from Fargo all the way to Wis was AWEFULL. We stayed with some friends and saw alotta family and friends while we were there. Most important we got pictures with my 2 month old grandson meeting his Great, Great Grandparents.

Grandpa was 17 years old and a runner in the Pacific during WWII on 4 different islands including Peleliu and Okinawa. Anyone remember the movie "The Pacific"?. That was my Grandpas exact outfit. He and Sledge were good friends. He sure can tell some stories.

They didnt know we were coming and needless to say were VERY surprised when they opened the door. We had a good chat and stopped in a couple more times over the weekend before heading back to good old Wyoming. Its nice to be home. Too many people back there for me.

But, how many people can say they have a single picture with 5 generations of family?

PS. I finally got a picture on page 2
    Last edited by reloader28; 11-15-2013 at 12:39 AM.

Boolit Master

I got a 4 generation picture a while back, doubtful if my grandfather will make it long enough to get one with 5.

Brandon
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master
    We had 5 generations of women, in my family, and had a pic of them. Don't know where it is. Probably my Sister has it.

Love Life
    Nice!!

Boolit Master
    Make sure somebody writes down the names of who is in the picture and if they are an aunt or uncle etc. or it will just become an old picture.

Boolit Master
    I have one from when my granddaughter was a baby

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    I've got a four generation picture. Only three generations alive now, waiting for my grandsons to get a little older and start families of their own. I'll be the geezer in the next one. Five generations, I should live so long.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

He knew Eugene Sledge? I've read the book. Props to your grandpa.
    Cognitive Dissident

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I've a long lived family . About 20 yr ago I went fishing in Baja w/my Moms Dad, my Dad and my 2 boys that is 6 days of sea bass, lobster, Tecate, and a Christmas Birthday that will live on. My Moms Mom is still w/us at the tender age of 92 God willing we will have her ,my aunt ,1st cuz,her boys,3 of my 4 kids and all 5 of my grands talley please 5 generations of women . I have a picture of me somewhere w/ 5 of my grandmothers,I really only know/knew 3 of them. There are some Christmas pictures from when I was 4-5 w/2 granfathers and the step-grandfather, 3 grandmothers 1 great.

Great memories.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master

I have a picture of 5 generations of women in my family. My daughter, wife, mother, GM, and GGM, who came west in a covered wagon from Tennessee.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Grand Master

Best my family can do is four generations. Glad you got the opportunity to visit and take that picture.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Buddy

Congratulations on creating some memories. Five generations, that's a wonderful thing. I know what you mean about too many people. I grew up in a rural environment and keep it that way as much as possible, but now and then you have to go into the population centers. I can't wait to get out because it feels like the air is all breathed up! Best wishes
    Gary

Takeoffs are optional, landings are manditory.

Kudos all around brother, but where is the much ballyhooed pic?
    "Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him, he ain't wrong he's just different and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right"
    Ed Bruce

Boolit Master
    We have photos of 4 generations in our family. Maybe in another 10 yrs, we may be able to claim a 5th generation. I have a couple of photos of my grandfather when he was a little boy, and his mother. I also have photos of my dad, when he was a little boy, maybe about 4.

Boolit Master

We had a 5 generation picture, made the local paper, my oldest daughter (as a baby, is 26 now), her mother, her father, his mother and her mother. In fact there are still 5 of them, but added one at the young end and lost the one at the top end.
    Last edited by Moonie; 11-14-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Boolit Bub
    When I was born back in 58, we got a 5 generation photo, and now with my granddaughter we have another 5 generation photo. And they both hang side by side.

Boolit Master
    Put the names on the back....."please" for the future".

Boolit Buddy

My wife family had one made in 1968

Boolit Buddy

our family has one that has the whole family 5 gens around 60 people done for my great grandmother's 100th a few years ago sadly she past in April this year at 103.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forum Fiend v1.0.5.
    --ISO ITEMS--
    Contender super 16 barrels

updated as of April 2023

My feedback: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ight=Carbine86

Reloader 28 that pic might make a real nice pic in 8x10 for each of you in the pic. Also do as others suggested and put names to each person in the pic. Might make a good label at the bottom of pic.
    wish some of our relatives would have done the same. hundreds of just pic that no one knows.
    CD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast