RepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load Data
WidenersTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: C'mon In Lurkers.

Boolit Mold

Utah noob

Hi All,

Stumbled on this place while searching the net for .45acp brass. Lo and behold I found it here.
    If it is OK with y'all I thing I would like to hang around and learn about casting my own boolits, what with the price of the "commercial" bullets and the appetite of my 1911 Gov't.

Dead Eye

Boolit Grand Master

Welcome, Dead Eye;
    This is the place to learn about casting. I have only been casting since about 1950, so as you can see, I have a lot to learn. Truth is, NO ONE PERSON'S experience is enough. There is always something new to learn and I am the first to admit this. In spite of a LOT of casting experience, there has been a FOUNTAIN of information available here to me and everyone else.

I especially like the postitive attitude around here. They even tolerate my fascination with the .32's.

Glad to have you aboard.

Dale53

Hi, Dead Eye, welcome, you found "The Place".

For Dead Eye, and you other lurkers out there as well, this is the place for getting answers to questions and learning the ins and outs of casting and how to shoot 'em after you cast 'em.

We've got chemists, machinists, mechanical and design engineers, physicists, mathematicians, and many, many other professional types among our ranks here, but more important than those guys we've got a whole bunch more who know what's going on about how cast boolits work!

I think you can find some place here where you will fit right in, and if you can't then we'll make somebody move over so you will!
    ~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+
    There is no such thing as too many tools, especially when it comes to casting and reloading.
    Howard Hughes said: "He who has the tools rules".

Safe casting and shooting!

Linstrum, member F.O.B.C. (Fraternal Order of Boolit Casters), Shooters.com alumnus, and original alloutdoors.com survivor.

Moderator Emeritus
    Welcome aboard dead eye.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Master
    Hello, 45 Nut
    Sounds like you're getting wound up for something. Is this the place with free girlie calenders?
    Welcome Woodwrkr, you'll love it. Lot's of folks use casting flux, myself, I'm old fashioned in that I still use canning wax and candles to flux with. Think of it, pouring bullets while all the neighbors think you're praying with candles or something. Is it church time yet? Ha, ha. You'll love that Cast bullet manual when it arrives, it isn't difficult and nowhere near as dangerous as they show(for liability purposes, you must always follow all safety pre....shoot me now!)
    In all, the .41 Magnum would be one of my top choices for an all-around handgun if I were allowed to have only one. - Bart Skelton

Boolit Mold
    O.K., I'm in.
    if three 44's likes it here then it has to be O.K.
    now for a look around...
    Regards,
    Rich

Boolit Bub

Hi Gang I have been lurking for a long time. Have been a member for some time now, but am a quiet sort. I have been casting for about 15 years for pistols and revolvers. Just recently started shooting cast in military rifle matches. I have a 1903-A3 that is a near tack driver. Just started getting the M-1 tuned up for boolits. Still some work to do with it. Thanks for the great forum. I am newer to the computer than casting so this may get to you and maybe not. Orzarki

Boolit Mold
    I am a 15 yr caster as well, when my dad passed on I inherited all the reloading equipment he accumulated for 30 yrs of his life. I remember in the sixties going to drive-in theater swap meets with more tables of guns then you could see in a day... (they mostly just spead out a blanket and laid everything out on it.) My dad was into trapdoor springfield 45-70's. I am more of a lever man. I love the discussion in this forum!

Long time luker, first time caller. I started casting about 25+ years ago with some soft plumbers lead that I stoked way too hot and ended up with some messy smeard-up barrels. I've learned some since then but after seeing all that's posted here I consider myself a mere novice. I enjoy the hunt for new lead sources but they are getting harder and harder to find. One place I went to said a guy was paying $100 a five gallon pail for wheel weights! The days of free lead are near an end. I don't have much to contribute other than my mistakes at this point. Very informative site you guys have here.

DD

Boolit Mold

Good Morning Everyone,

My name is Dave and I'm one of those guys who lurked around here for quite a while. I have been handloading cast boolits since 1976, but I have not yet done any casting myself. Although most of my cast boolit handloads have been for my 357 Blackhawk and my 44 Super Blackhawk, I have also had success with cast boolits in my 30-30 Marlin.

Can someone please direct me to a thread that focuses on the 44 Magnum? I recently stumbled across some 240 SWCs that are sized to .429" and I'm a little concerned that they might be too small. The fellow who cast these says they have a Brinell hardness of 16. Anyway, I sure could use some information on how to best use these in my Super Blackhawk. Thank you.

Hello everyone

I just joined the club. I have been visiting for quite some time. Originally I was looking for reloading info for my 32 special and 32 remington. I have learned a lot from this forum. Piece by piece I have acquired reloading tools, a bullet sizer, four 32cal molds,brass etc. I have yet to cast any bullets, but have reloaded for both rifles with pretty good results. I also just started reloading shotshells, and am considering handloading slugs. Just what I needed, more hobbies!

Tamerack from Wisconsin

Boolit Buddy
    Welcome Tamerack, pull up a stoll, relaxe ,and read al of the sticky's. Thier is a lot of very usfull info buried in their. You just have to dig back to sort the sh!t out and find the good stuff. SWIAFB

Hello from Indiana,

I've been reading for a while now and it is amazing how much information is on here.

My son and I have been casting rifle boolits for about a year now and muzzle loader fodder for about 10 years. Mostly we cast 35 caliber for a contender carbine in 357max, dan wesson in 357max, and a browning blr in 358 win. We have 2) 35 cal molds, a rcbs 180gr and an ideal hollowpoint that casts about 185gr.

Thanks for the great site.

WELCOME as they all say here jump on in

Hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

Super Moderator

...............A hearty welcome to all the new recent additions. We all appreciate your finally signing up and into'ing yourselves. This IS a good place, and the members make it so. Thanks for joining the family.

...............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Bub
    had a tough time coming on board, special thanx to buckshot and 45nut, i got tons of questions, and already learned allot, if your a northern ohioan, i have been scouting for lead and found a few good places, give a shout and we can swap info, also kinda gonna be looking for a local mentor, recently bought a dillon 550, and got a long learning curve ahead of me.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by hershey View Post
    had a tough time coming on board, special thanx to buckshot and 45nut, i got tons of questions, and already learned allot, if your a northern ohioan, i have been scouting for lead and found a few good places, give a shout and we can swap info, also kinda gonna be looking for a local mentor, recently bought a dillon 550, and got a long learning curve ahead of me.
    The Dillon RL 550B does have a learning curve to it. I know because I bought mine about six months ago os so. I've been reloading for more than 35 years and the Dillon was my first progressive cartridge press. The Dillon is one fine machine.

Good luck with the Dillon and Casting. I've found answers to most every question that I've had by just reading and searching here.

Welcome to the forum.

Boolit Bub
    Hi All!

Started reloading in the '60's and casting in the 70's.

Been quietly "rolling my own" since then.

Didn't know there was anyone else still melting wheel weights.

Looks like this will be a great place to hang out.

Hi all. Just joined here after reading a bunch. All I have cast before is Lee Tumble lube bullets for a 9mm but would like to try my hand at full on casting with lube sizers and gas checks for 45 Colt and others.

Boolit Mold
    Okay I do lurk most of the time. But every so often I chime in. I love to cast for my 38 and my 44 but my passion is my 45-70.

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast