MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWidenersReloading Everything
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2RepackboxLoad Data
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: C'mon In Lurkers.

Boolit Master

Welcome to all the new people!

How GREAT it is to see all the new people coming in on just this thread!

I lurked here for almost a year before I finally joined up and started participating here a few months back --- and despite the fact that I've reloaded for 30 years and FOUGHT with casting for 15 I learn something new from these guys EVERY time I come here.

You will not find a more knowledgable bunch of people in the world than you will here! Not only will they save you money (well.....that may be debatable 'cause I'm shooting ten times as much) but you will get thousands of man years of knowledge for absolutely nothing................and you'll make some friends along the way!

WELCOME!

Art
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Boolit Mold
    hi new here just got my casting equipment for x-mas think i,m hooked
    got all kinds of help here thanks a munch

Hi, justcharlie, welcome to the board. Stick around awhile and you won't be just charlie anymore, you'll be justcharlietheboolitshooter! Don't be afraid to ask questions, that is one of the several reasons this board exists - another is answering them, and answering them from what has now undoubtedly become the largest source of cast boolit shooting knowledge in the world.

rl712
    ~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+
    There is no such thing as too many tools, especially when it comes to casting and reloading.
    Howard Hughes said: "He who has the tools rules".

Safe casting and shooting!

Linstrum, member F.O.B.C. (Fraternal Order of Boolit Casters), Shooters.com alumnus, and original alloutdoors.com survivor.

Boolit Buddy
    Hello to the fire..

Im new to the forum and just getting started casting boolits for some of my cowboy guns. I have some casting equipment gathered and will be needing molds for 45LC, 45-70, .30-30.

I look forward to meeting everyone and learning about boolit casting.

00buck

Boolit Master

Welcome double-ought! Jump right in man!

Art
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Super Moderator

............Welcome 00buck. Glad to have you!

...............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

No lurkin here!I have learned sooooo much in sooooo little time.Much to learn!

Boolit Mold
    A friend of mine told me about this site after he saw how much fun I was having shooting my 45-70 Siamese mauser with black powder loads. Since I joined, my castings are getting better and my groups tighter. My wife cringes everytime I need a new mold but that's O.K. because I cringe everytime she goes to the craft store. I can't wait to tell her that I am having two more rifles built, that ought to be fun.

Thanks for all the advice. BigBill

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BigBill View Post
    My wife cringes everytime I need a new mold but that's O.K. because I cringe everytime she goes to the craft store.

That's normal.

I can't wait to tell her that I am having two more rifles built, that ought to be fun.

You're an exceedingly brave man

Thanks for all the advice. BigBill
    ..............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Mold
    Thanks,

I appreciate it.

BigBill

Boolit Mold
    Hello guys. I guess I can come in and introduce myself. I've been into reloading since 1991 (probably the only high school kid loading my own ammo at my school). About 5 or 6 years ago, I decided to jump into the bullet casting scene. I pretty much learned on my own, using Lee molds and the Production Pot IV. Alloy consists of wheelweights 99% of the time. I cast for most of my handgun cartridges, including 38/357, 9mm, 40, 45 ACP, 45 Colt, 454 Casull, 44 Magnum. Some of the rifle calibers I cast for are 30-06, 7.62x54R, 303 British, and 8mm Mauser. I just recently bought a 6.5mm 170 grain mold from Midsouthshooters, so I can't wait for the weather to break to start casting for the Swede. I cast both tumble lube bullets and the "conventional" type bullets. I own an RCBS bullet sizer/lubricator that I use for lubricating and sizing the conventional bullets. Bullet lube consists of Jake's bullet lube I bought off of ebay, both the 50/50 alox/beeswax lube and Jake's Scarlet lube.

I've been a member on the Reloadbench.com bulletin board since 2002 and joined a couple others along the way (including HiPointTalk - don't laugh, I helped start a reloading section there and posted some good information to help others get started in this craft.). I haven't done much along the lines of reloading and casting this past year since I got back into church, but hopefully the good Lord will bless me with a little more free time this year.

I'm looking to gaining more bullet casting knowledge here as well as sharing my own experiences with others.

wizard93

Banned

Welcome to the forum and you are in good company.

Andy

Boolit Mold

Acronyms?

Been lurkin & learnin for a couple months now and have posted a couple questions but I guess it is time to jump in with both feet here.

I cast and fired civil war front loaders for quite a few years and thought I had learned a few things over the years but I have learned as much or more just reading past posts on this forum as I had in all the years I spent at BP weaponry.

Speaking of "BP" and the acronyms used here, is there a translator list of the acronyms used on this board? I've been shooting most of my life and spent fifteen years on the BP front casting, mixing lubes, etc. and I have to admit that it took me about two days on the lube threads to finally figure out that JPW is good old Johnsons Paste Wax... Needless to say I felt like a fool when I realized. We all use these things and assume that everyone else knows what we mean. And you all know what we do when we assume... What about the Noobs? (myself included) Is there, maybe, a sticky somewhere that I missed?

Like I said "Jump in with both feet".

Blessings upon all who post here... The company is great, the combined knowledge is fantastic, and did I mention that the company is great? Thanks to all,
    Chaplain John
    Last edited by ChaplainJohn; 02-17-2010 at 01:03 AM. Reason: forgot to subscribe
    No matter how bad the situation seems... No matter how dark the future seems... There is always someone to turn to... JESUS!

Banned

I never found a acronym list either. But you are right there is a wealth of knowledge here. welcome and join in.

Andy

Boolit Master

An acronyms list would be good, but what about symbols?

: bigthicketthunter

I lurked for a while, then I couldn't for a while.

Then I joined. Here I be.
    "I have enough ammo and guns to shoot my way into Nevada." - California resident.

Hi . New to this sight . Grew up with SA Revolvers , just getting back into them . This sight was suggested to me from the guys on a six shooter forum , and they were right . This looks like the place to be for the best info .
    Big Bullets Make Big Holes

Boolit Mold

Thumbs up lurker diving in

been getting some good info from the outside for about a month reluctant to register cause most of the time it takes forever, but it was simple and only took a few minutes. Already have several questions posted and already have an answer to one of them. GREAT SITE!!!!

Boolit Grand Master

Welcome new people!

Our biggest strength here, is that we HELP each other. That's something that is not always apparent elsewhere.

Dale53

Hello and thanks.

Just a quick hello and a thank you to those responsible for the forum. It has been a wonderful source of info.

Hello My name is Billy. I just started reloading a couple of weeks ago. I really like it. I would like to learn about making my own bullits to save some cash. I have been reading about it and seen some videos on youtube. So I just want to learn as much about it before jumping in head first.
    VOTE 2010! Throw them out! Every last one of them! (Feel free to add this to your sig. Spread the word!) I got this from AZ Stew

Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician - Col Jeff Cooper

Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast