Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Load DataWidenersInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: C'mon In Lurkers.

Boolit Mold
    Changed interests from shooting, building, and had just bought a used Lee melting pot and a bunch of lead when my interests shifted to farming back in 2008. Now interest is going back to firearms. I joined the site because I have a lot to learn about casting boolits and this is the place to learn.

Boolit Bub

Thanks for all the great info on this site! I hopefully can get to know some of yau'll and be able to stockpile some of this info for future reference. Im fairly new to casting but I am eager to learn and have a good source for raw materials. Since I started casting, ive accumulated a few more test platforms in new calibers. All seem to be Kieth influenced ones...Im wondering why! I was basically handed an entire stockpile of molds from a fellow enthusiast and told to learn and enjoy! Thats the one thing about the firearms world I truly love, comradery! Any fellow north central florida boolit casters?

Boolit Mold
    Great place, I've learned a lot just from the Search function. I'm a weird guy, I like things to be "my way". I always carry an antique pistol for my everyday carry piece. Well its about time for me to start making my own reloads.

Boolit Mold
    Hello everyone,

Great website with endless information to read. Glad to join in, thanks for having me.

I’m interested in getting into casting and loading for a 45-70 and am slowly acquiring equipment. Just bought an Easy Melt furnace, 100 pieces of Starline brass, and RCBS dies. Studying up on everything else before I buy anymore. Bear with me on newbie questions!

Thanks,

David

Boolit Mold
    Hi. I am hoping to learn from the group here. I am not new to casting Boolits but could learn better ways than my own.
    DanL

Quote Originally Posted by beagle74 View Post
    I just rejoined, been absent for a number of years. Good to be back.
    What was your old name, maybe we can get you back to using that name and/or merge the 2 so you retain your post count from the past.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Mold
    I'm a long time lurker and occasional poster. I finally bought in as a member. I want to begin casting (primarily) boolits for swedish mausers, and I also want to powder coat them. So far I have a used single cavity mould (Ideal), Lee melting pot, dipper, thermometer, heat source, and many pounds of meltable metal. Need a toaster oven, powder coat and the airsoft BBs.

I haven't been an active participant because of lack of time and lack of intelligent questions.
    NRA Life Member

Been a member for 15 years now averaging less than 1 post per year. I tend to run off at the mouth.

That doesn’t mean I don’t lurk, enjoy and learn from this excellent site. I just became a paying member though and plan to stay that way going forward. I’ve only smelted ww’s Into ingots so far. One day I’ll continue smelting my decent stash and even start casting boolits when time/necessity dictates. For now I’m buying cast for .38 spl, .44 spl,45 acp, .45 Colt, .45-70, .577 Snider, and .30-30. A .310 Cadet I own will be fed as well. I have some basic molds but need more as I continue my journey. Thanks!

Boolit Buddy
    Haha, I've been a member for 8 years an have one post, guess I'd beter get with the program.
    Last edited by r80rt; 08-19-2021 at 06:09 PM.

You guys with low posts are still welcome. We like lurkers but I know you have a hidden talent that you can share.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    NAGR member

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you, I just don't have much to say, but I read and learn a lot here. As Brisco Darlin said, I'll jump in where I can and hang on.
    Last edited by r80rt; 08-19-2021 at 06:10 PM.

r80rt

I did that for the first 4 years I was here. Then a friend dropped 8 lyman moulds on my desk one morning and I was in with both feet......
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    NAGR member

Boolit Buddy
    I can see where 8 moulds would get you in gear, I hope you tried to wear them out.

Been working on it, but you know they breed like rabbits. I think they have grown into 20 or so with 2 expecting.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    NAGR member

Boolit Buddy
    Good man, I like the way you think . I just got a couple more and I'm waiting on one from accurate molds...the wait is killing me.

Boolit Mold
    Hello my people. I’m brand new and shiny to reloading and have I got a humdinger; 455 Webley.

These are a notoriously low CUP load so if anyone has a pet I’d be awful grateful.

I’ve almost got all my equipment and I’m ready to set up my bench. I’m waiting on primers and powder to arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    Hello Castbollits, been reloading for a number of years. Most of my knowledge comes from a long time friend who has excellent knowledge in the cast game. Thought I would join and learn even more on the broad spectrum from this site. Looking forward to the site and the members.

Boolit Mold
    Greetings everyone! Been lurking for a couple years here and finally joined. So much incredible info on this forum! Thanks so much to everyone who has shared their experience and thoughts.

Boolit Mold
    Hi, been lurking awhile. Got some antique pistols and some newer big bore rifles. This is the best place I’ve found for information on both.

Boolit Mold
    I lurked for a really long time, then I joined. I'm still kind of lurking. There's so many smarter people than me, I have my hands full just reading what everyone has to say.

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041 LastLast