WidenersSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad Data
Titan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: Will this work well for powder coating and/or polymer paint?

Will this work well for powder coating and/or polymer paint?

I found a used convection oven at a garage sale this past weekend. It's a HUGE Moulinex 400. They still had the original packaging - including the styrofoam packing, the various shelves, and even the manual. I was impressed. I got it all for $15.

It seems it was well used. But, it also seems well taken care of, overall. The paper wadding that protected some of the loose parts was newsprint from 1988, so I think it has sat a while. The receipt for it from Best Products was still in the manual - bought on 09/05/1982 for $169.94.

Will this work well for PC and polymer cooking? It seems ideal.

OnceFired
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10685040005_eb82c1eb96_z.jpg  

Boolit Master
    Heck ya! That thing is classy. I thought I got a good deal on my antiquated toaster oven from Goodwill. Mine works great, and I am sure if it turns on yours will too. Check it out with an oven thermometer before you start curing coating to make sure the temp is right. Better off doing that first then finding it was to hot by discovering a tray of melted boolits after 20 minutes.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    That looks spiffy! I am getting by on a $14.99 B&D toaster oven until I luck upon a deal at the Thrift store.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Has that thing ever been used?

Banned

I'm thinking that will work real good. It says "convection" which is one feature you want.

Yeah, when I spotted it said convection at the garage sale, I immediately checked it out. They had it sitting on the original box, so that was a great early sign things were looking good.

I tested it out tonight - got real hot real fast, although I didn't have an oven thermometer handy so couldn't tell how close to the controls the heat was. But it works. Needs a decent cleaning on the bottom, but if I look that good 25 years from now, I'd be happy. hahahahah

I've now had a chance to use this convection oven a few times for drying brass. It'll hold 4 trays - including the cookie sheets I bought at the dollar store for casting a year ago. I learned the electrical cord is a bit twitchy - one area has a bit of a twist and probably needs to be replaced. But otherwise it's rock solid, and works like a champ. I've put probably 30 trays worth of brass through it already - and 3 full trays will fill an ammo can. So I've been having fun.