Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationLoad DataSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where's all the powder?

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Was the BulletHole Hodgdon's indoor range many moons ago? I tend to remember they were part of Hodgdon's during the 60s at that location. Foggy mind, though! ... felix
    felix

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Was the BulletHole Hodgdon's indoor range many moons ago? I tend to remember they were part of Hodgdon's during the 60s at that location. Foggy mind, though! ... felix
    I think you are probably right. It seems like there is a Hodgdon's building that shares a parking lot with the BulletHole. I have only been there a couple of times to shoot the USPSA match on Friday nights. They have seemed to have a pretty good stock of reloading supplies. I was able to pick up a pound of WIN231 when no one else in the world seemed to have any.

Boolit Master
    I just checked at Third Generation Shooters Supply and they list ready to ship:

Promo 8# kegs
    700X 1# bottles
    7625 1# bottles
    Blue Dot 1# 5# bottles
    They may have others, there are just the ones I noticed.

prs
    I have purchased several other powders from them as of late and had no delays or problems.

Ed's gun shop Vass NC

Boolit Buddy

I've been checking for months, every time I call a lot of the stuff I normally use is on backorder. I did notice that the Fleet Farm near me has set up a whole new section with reloading supplies (all the powder was out of stock...). Nice though to have another source nearby...
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.

Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Buddy
    It's starting to show up. Was at a small gun show this weekend and several vendors had only 1 pounders, no larger. And it was priced at $30 a pound, wow. Primers were available too but Winchesters were $35/1000 regardless of type. Glad I don't need any but it is showing up.

Boolit Bub
    Between Cabelas and the 2 LGS i can pretty much get any kind of powder or primers I want here in Eastern Ohio

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by MtGun44 View Post
    The Bullet Hole has plenty. Last gun show at the airport area had lots.

Bill
    Yea, and I bought some at the show, and the prices were only a buck or two higher than mail order and no fee.

Boolit Grand Master

Closest LGS yesterday had 34 flavers at reasonale prices and 3-8 containers each, even the 8lb jugs. Several weeks ago the shelves were nearly bare.
    They also had plenty of primers, but at $35./1000..

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Garyshome View Post
    Ed's gun shop Vass NC
    Might head there tomarrow. I want to check out the new brewery a.nyways
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

You need to check the sights every night and pull the trigger immediately when you see it. If you order 10lbs or 1 8lb container it works out pricewise
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

If anyone uses Hodgdon Universal and sees it on the shelf they might want to grab it.

I went shopping here for ADI AP70N which is the same stuff repackaged by Hodgdon as Universal and couldn't find it anywhere then after a little research I discovered this.

http://www.adi-powders.com.au/handlo...guide/news.asp

Disruptions to powder supply - AP70N
    12 August 2013

We regret to inform reloaders that, due to a recent issue with the production of AP70N, there will be a temporary interruption in the supply of AP70N only. Please note that none of our other powders are affected, we continue to produce and stock our entire range of reloading powders. Production of AP70N will resume early in 2014, please continue to check this website for updates. We regret any inconvenience caused by this disruption.
    So Universal may be in short supply for a while.

However I had no problem finding an 8lb keg of Unique so it looks like I'll be working up some new loads soon.

Banned
    I believe the hoarders started this shortage but I also think our pals, the manufacturers and distributers, jumped on the opportunity to squeeze supply. Components are all over eastern Pennsylvania in time for hunting season at twenty percent over last year.

Boolit Master

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by MtGun44 View Post
    The Bullet Hole has plenty. Last gun show at the airport area had lots.

Bill
    I just called the Bullet Hole. He said "No Bullseye, No Unique. Haven't seen any since last summer."

Elite Pawn, Sigman rd., Conyers ,GA. has new shipment of Bullseye, Unique, 2400, Tightgroup, 4350, 223 CFE and several others. I paid $23.95 for 1 lb of Unique. CCI primers are $37.00

I was at Cabela's (North Denver)today and they had some powder and primers. Primers where $39-$44 a K. At those prices I just walked away!

“A liberal’s paradise would be a place where everybody has guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare, free education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free utilities, and only law enforcement has guns. And believe it or not, such a place does indeed already exist: It's called Prison."

--- Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Maricopa County, Arizona

Banned

"Primers where $39-$44 a K. At those prices I just walked away!"

I'd take them. I need 1k SR right now!

Boolit Buddy
    I just bought a 8# can of Unique. I thought the price of the powder was fair. Shipping + HazMat was about $60. Glad to get the powder. Buy once cry once.

Boolit Master

Been picking up powder when/wherever I could find it at a reasonable price for the last few months. Snagged a couple pounds of IMR4895 this morning from a local farm store with a large hunting/fishing dept (Big R in Tilton, IL). Was the first 4895 of either label that I've seen in quite awhile and they also had several other IMRs (4064, 4350, 3031) and a few Hodgens (H335, Varget, HP38) along with some shotgun powders like 700X and Clays. Looks like retail supplies may be coming back around here and prices were only a bucks or two over what I was paying about a year ago.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast