Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Load Data Wideners
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: A.C.E. 12 Ga 740 Gr HB slug

Im going to have to drop out as well. When this first opened up i was hoping I would have money by the time it came around but thats not happening.

Banned

the cherry is here.

Boolit Master

That is good news, now get to cutting. LOL
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Banned

I am... pushy pushy...

Banned

It is beautiful. Go real fast on RED333's mold and take your sweet time on mine I'm in no hurry. In fact I nominate RED333's mold as the prototype.
    Last edited by jmort; 12-30-2013 at 12:20 PM.

Boolit Master

LOL, Ya done yet?
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Buddy
    So, how are things going on this GB?

I would like to be added to this list.... mark at figelski dot co m .... I would like a solid base and hollow base pin...

AG

Banned

Got ya in, things are moving along we are cutting the molds now and they should be available to ship shortly. Since this is our first mold I am trying not to make exact deadlines BUT I want to say the call for payment will be within a week.

Banned

Take your time, this is not a race. I'm glad you took the time to do this, and are taking your time to do it right. Put me down for a second mold. Thanks

Yea, no kidding... Take your time... I dont get paid till the end of the month...

Banned

Updated, and thanks for the kind words.

Banned

here is a boolit cast from the first one off the CNC the sprue hole is too small and did not allow perfect fillout but that is easily fixed. I will call for payment in a few more days as they are rolling off now.

Joshua

Boolit Buddy
    sweet

Banned

This one is a solid and weighs in at a whopping 922 grains!

A little over a 1,000 grains is the practical limit for the maximum sensible slug weight for a 12ga. so even solid that is still within bounds.

You going to take Pay-Pal or is going to be money order cashiers check ? Just need to know whether I should leave the money I have set aside to pay for this in my Pay-Pal account or initiate a three business day no charge transfer to my local bank account that I can get two free cashier checks a month on.

Price quoted in the OP is $110 does that include shipping or not? If not what is the shipping for those of us in the states (USPS Priority mail flat rate or what)? How much extra each for extra pins? Flat pin for solid slug the only other pin option?

Just trying to make up my mind about extra pin(s) and such and let you know and then get the payment all ready to go for you as soon as you issue the call for payment so it can go out to you ASAP.

You should probably start getting a count from the others on this group buy as to who wants extra pin(s) and if any of the buyers are outside the states and different shipping charges are going to apply. Probably time to put the call out for people lining up as to who wants extra pin(s) and who don't, since I assume your going to do a pin cutting run to fit the block run VERY shortly.

If you are going to offer any pins other then the stock profile hollow base pin and the flat solid cast pin. I already pointed out my highly desired pin profile in the 20ga. discussion thread, would be the same basic shape only with slightly different dimensions to fit this larger 12ga. size:

(Click on to open full size, small picture shown is link to full size)

Would be willing to pay quite a bit extra for it and others as well might want to try that half length depth nearly square slightly belled plug that makes a thick strong skirt to the hollow base, that's the basic hollow base pin profile I've used on all my custom hollow base slug designs that I've either paid through the nose for a one-off from a custom mold maker or had an existing mold modified too with a custom pin.

If your only offering your standard stock hollow base profile and a flat pin to cast a solid, I totally understand. Just don't hurt to ask so I did.
    Last edited by turbo1889; 01-20-2014 at 10:01 PM.

Banned

That slug is a beautiful sight. I'm all teared-up. Would love to see one at the next Linebaugh Seminar and put through the paces in the Bone Box.

Boolit Master

Looks great 338!!!
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    I AM A REDNECK!!!

Banned

OK to finalize a few questions,

1. I do take paypal.
    2. You pay paypal fees
    3. Shipping is extra. (flat rate boxes)
    4. Shipping international is 19.95
    5. I will be updating with extra pins.

Turbo,

Let me work on that drawing, I will include it for everyone else as an option. Also let me work on the pin price.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast