Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Wideners
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: A.C.E. 12 Ga 740 Gr HB slug

Depending on price I would like one also. What type of mold handles can be used with it

Boolit Buddy
    Tentatively, in- as with others, details like, price and materials need to be included before I commit.

Banned

Added info.

Boolit Buddy

I'll take one

I'm in for one

Boolit Master

Cant wait, I have a rifle barreled 500 and a Saiga with a rifled choke that is looking for this.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Banned

Updated list.

When is the closing date?

Boolit Buddy
    Tag me for one please. Would like a 20 ga version as well.

Aaron

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop Junior View Post
    When is the closing date?
    This buy will close as soon as I get them perfected, I am ordering the tooling today.

Josh

Okay, you answered all my questions about the mold construction except one. Alignment pins, male/female steel pairs, male only into simple hole in block for female side, or something else I haven't thought of (I don't think anyone crazy enough to duplicate Lee waffle style).

If its male/female steel pairs for the alignment pins I'm in for one.

Boolit Mold
    Put me down for one. Ye ole' 12 gauge needs a good workout.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by turbo1889 View Post
    Okay, you answered all my questions about the mold construction except one. Alignment pins, male/female steel pairs, male only into simple hole in block for female side, or something else I haven't thought of (I don't think anyone crazy enough to duplicate Lee waffle style).

If its male/female steel pairs for the alignment pins I'm in for one.
    Yes this will be hardened steel male/female pins, much like the Lee or NOE pins, I have you down for a single cavity.

Thanks !!!

Also, let me know when the 20ga. buy goes active.

Also, group buy log in link at bottom of page is not working for me, you will get paid regardless, but the link just goes to a dead page that says I need to contact me server support ????

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by turbo1889 View Post
    Thanks !!!

Also, let me know when the 20ga. buy goes active.

Also, group buy log in link at bottom of page is not working for me, you will get paid regardless, but the link just goes to a dead page that says I need to contact me server support ????
    No, when this closes I will send PM's and calls for payment then, expect this in 4-5 weeks, I want as many people to join as possible but will not let this run too long.

Also, I will check in with the prices for different size hollow base pins and will post those as soon as I get a price finalized!

Josh

Boolit Buddy
    Will this work in smooth bore?

I wouldnt shoot it through a gun with a choke.

Boolit Buddy
    I am in, would like to reiterate the request for a flat base pin option, or as an addition.

Boolit Master
    Any more thoughts on a push through sizer?
    Hoping for thin 7/8x14.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy lead View Post
    Any more thoughts on a push through sizer?
    Hoping for thin 7/8x14.
    I think that would end up being too thin on the walls because according to my quick reference table the thread depth on a 7/8x14 thread leaves only 0.78" diameter of solid core diameter bottom of thread to bottom of thread on the opposite side. With 0.730" sizer (for example) that means only 0.025" wall thickness where the bottom of the thread grooves are. I don't think that's enough wall thickness left to be strong enough to actually size and would be a royal bear for the machinist to cut, that thin of walls your bound to start getting some chatter when boring.

I think you need at bare minimum 1" threads and most presses with a removable bushing to provide a larger thread the larger thread is either 1-1/4x12 or 1-1/2x12 thread so that is probably what would need to be for push through this big.

Also, the mold maker doesn't necessarily have to be the one who makes the push through dies as well. I know buckshot will make them and has for several on this board.

Me personally with shotgun slugs unless there is a considerable size difference I let the gun size the slug for me. Considerable size difference would be like a slug that cast 0.740" and I had one of those deliberately slightly tight rifled barrels that is only 0.727" or so in the major groove diameter (better accuracy resulted from those deliberately slightly tight barrels with commercial slug loads so that be why that company made them that way, and its not a bad idea since we all know that cast boolits usually need a thous. or two or so over bore diameter for best accuracy) then I size the slug down. But I wouldn't hesitate a micro-second to shoot a slug that cast at 0.730" through such a slightly tight barrel "as cast". In-fact I would consider that to be about ideal and would be the size I would size too for those internal barrel dimensions if the slug did need to be sized. I personally just love it when boolits drop right from the mold at just the right size for my barrel so I don't have to size and can just tumble lube, load, and shoot. One less thing that has to be done in order to get to the last step there.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast