Inline FabricationWidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have written a book

Boolit Buddy

I have written a book

It is an e-book, a Western, and some of you guys helped me write it. In the process of writing, I had specific questions about some of the weapons that would've been used in 1875 and some of you folks answered them for me. So, I was going to let you people know that today my book is going to be available for free. I think it lasts up until midnight. All I ask in return is that if you read it and like it, how about leaving a review on Amazon. And if you read it and don't like it, how about dropping me a note and letting me know why so that I can do better next time. It's the first book I've ever written, and I'm sure that there is room for improvement. Anyway, here is the link-

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FA5PKJQ
    Anything that produces some sort of an explosion, can't be all bad.

44minimum

Boolit Master

Thanks 44M, I just downloaded it to my kindle. I'll let you know how I like it. Haven't read a western for a long time.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

“At the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat”--Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Thanks so much and the very best of luck
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    I just had it sent to my kindle. Thanks and I wish you well with sales.
    ph4570

Boolit Buddy
    Downloaded!

Thank you so much for sharing this. I look forward to reading it. Congratulations on your book!

Boolit Master

Got it- review to follow!
    Gun control is not about guns.

Boolit Buddy
    Perfect timing. I just finished a book about 3 hours ago. Your book is next.
    'The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
    Daniel J. Boorstin

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein

Boolit Master
    My Kindle has been begging for a new book, thanks.

Will comply with the liked/didn't like request.

Boolit Master
    Downloaded it, had to make an account with Amazon first and then had to download a Kindle App and then I was able to download your book. I have never read a western, hence I have no idea what to expect. Should be fun. Read the first chapter and it held my interest so that's something at least.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

Boolit Buddy
    Got it downloaded to the Kindle. Now just need to find time to do a little reading. Westerns are my favorite so I am looking forward to it.

Good Luck
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Buddy

Aha, I get to make the first report. Very favorable. Left yourself very little room for a sequel though.
    I have a wide variety of computer skills. A good programmer. It's the little things I don't know that frighten me. After I finished the book I went to Amazon to put in comments and had to call my wife in because there wasn't a keyboard. She punched the arrow. I got "It was a very good read" in and then things went south. I think it took it - I hope it took it. It was a very good book. I enjoyed it and hope to see more. The only factual criticism I had was it seemed as though everyone who was a witness to crimes in both instances where it was called for them to be able to read and write, could. I suspect a rather good percentage of Westerners weren't literate - though it's surprising how many of the cowboys, who had a hard, menial job were., Just a thought - certainly didn't distract from the book in any way and it was a good way to shorten that interlude.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Got it! Thanks!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

It was a good read. I detected a touch of Louis L'amore. Looking forward to the next one
    The Bird of Time has but a little way
    To fly-and Lo! the bird is on the wing

Boolit Master

Downloaded, now to find time to read it. With 12 and 14 hr days and looking for a place in the county, it's going to take a while.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Master

Whew, some of you can sure read fast! I'm at 79%, gotta get some sleep.

Very well written! I wish I didn't have an appointment tom. I'd stay up and finish it. I to hope you do write more, certainly keeps you interested.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

“At the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat”--Theodore Roosevelt

Now comes the fun part. When my wife got her first book published last year she had no idea how much time she would end up spending on her computer Facebooking, Twittering, e-mailing............ to promote her book. At the same time her editor/publisher is pushing for her to finish the third part be for the end of the year. She can be on that thing eight hours or more some days.

Boolit Buddy
    John, you are correct, about all of them being able to read and write. I considered that briefly, then I figured that probably no one would notice, and if they did notice, they wouldn't really care. And about your review, it's not there. At least when I look on Amazon, it just doesn't show up. I have heard before that it's very difficult to leave the review on Amazon. But thanks for trying.

Facetious, you are also correct, if you want to sell very many books, you need to do a lot of promoting. Probably more time promoting than writing the thing. That is one thing I am not comfortable with doing, I do not like doing, and for the most part, I do not know how to go about it. I don't have a popular blog or anything like that and I have no desire to spend eight hours a day telling people how good my book is and that they should go out and buy it. And for that reason, I am not really expecting to sell all that many books. Oh well.
    Anything that produces some sort of an explosion, can't be all bad.

44minimum

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by facetious View Post
    Now comes the fun part. When my wife got her first book published last year she had no idea how much time she would end up spending on her computer Facebooking, Twittering, e-mailing............ to promote her book. At the same time her editor/publisher is pushing for her to finish the third part be for the end of the year. She can be on that thing eight hours or more some days.
    The ONLY reason I have a Twitter account, blog, Facebook page, etc and et al is for networking and communication for book sales. I spend too much time networking and not enough time writing.

But there's an old saying that is still true which goes, "Nothing sells your first book better than your second book, and nothing sells your first two books like your third book."

44 Minimum, I downloaded your book but it may be a bit before I can read it. In the meantime, though, please accept my heartiest congratulations on a huge accomplishment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast