Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWidenersLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: Alignment pins

Banner Sponsor

Alignment pins

I got the C502-400 and 477-400KSWC in the other day. While looking them over I noticed that the 502-400 was wobbleing a little on one end. The block was pivoting slightly around the middle.
    The male alignment pin wasn't flush with the surface of the mould. I set the mould block on a chunk of steel and used a brass punch to seat the pin in a little farther. It closes tight now with no wiggle. This may be a place to look at for standard Lee-Menting prior to casting?
    Other than that, they look good to me.
    Thanks for running them.

Banned

you might want to think about finding a way to lock that pin in. If it moved it will probably move again when you start heat cycleing that mold.

Boolit Buddy
    i have two moulds from lee both 6cav. one a gb and the other a catalog order. when they get hot the pins move as do the bushings. i drilled one set of blocks and installed set screws. these will not stay tight either.
    has anyone got a fix for this. lar45 i suspect when you cast with your mould you will have the same problem.
    anyone got a solution.
    little doc

Boolit Grand Master

I had the moving pin problem on a 452-228-1R. I removed the pin, put a few good center punch dimples on it at about the centerline and pressed it back in. No movement since and more than 100 pounds cast. Make sure you keep the punches at the centerline or further towards the "pin" end so that you have a good shoulder to start the pin back into the blocks straight.

If you do this on a bushing, you will likely collapse it a bit and might have to ream it back out.