Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWideners
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: police officer fires weapon

police officer fires weapon

Mountain City Tn. police officer releived of duty after firing his weapon at a squeirel in a store, also released mace in order to scare animal from store------ oh yeah all while customers were in store. Oh what was he releived from duty for-------- refusing to fill out the paper work required when you fire your service weapon. NOT BECAUSE HE ENDANGERED EVERYONE IN THE STORE!!!!! See dumb stuff happens here just like many other places mainly envolving police. By the way he missed the squeirel.
    CD

In Remembrance
    I bet he got the shoppers attention. lol Is there a link to the rest of the story??

Would this be a good time to say "Only the police and the military should have guns because they have been trained in how to use them."?

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    I bet he got the shoppers attention. lol Is there a link to the rest of the story??
    Google is your friend http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local...irrel/3003927/

In Remembrance
    Thanks norbrat. I really figured he was called because the squirrel was in the store, and was just mad because his donut break was cut short. lol
    It seems the idiot just happened to be in the store.. SCARY.

ok,where is the Turtle man when you need him?

Boolit Buddy
    If I were he, would have walked back to my cruiser and had dispatch notify fish and game. That's their area. He demonstrated lack of common sense , that's not the guy you want to pay to protect people. The term "dumber than a sack of hammers crosses my mind".

Says in the linked article he was merely fired because he failed to fill out a report--which is required when you discharge your firearm.
    My Feedback, (did I buy or sell to you? Please add your Comments)
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...hlight=novalty

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by unclogum bill View Post
    If I were he, would have walked back to my cruiser and had dispatch notify fish and game. That's their area. He demonstrated lack of common sense , that's not the guy you want to pay to protect people. The term "dumber than a sack of hammers crosses my mind".
    At least hammers can hit a nail.. he could not hit a squirrel
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

In Remembrance
    LOL It is likely he knew he would be fired when he filled out that particular report anyway, probably decided why bother, Besides it looks better to be fired for incomplete paperwork, than indoor squirrel hunting when he applies for his next leo job.

I'm not sure why fish and game would need to be called in, it seems to me that the squirrel would be the storekeepers problem to deal with.

Boolit Master

About 1960 I witnessed a car-horse collision. After the Phoenix PD showed the officer asked several people if they had a gun to put the horse out of his misery. Finally a near-by resident went home got his 22 rifle and dispatched the horse with 2 head shots. The cops apologized to the crowd saying if they discharged their service weapon they would have to spend hours filling out paperwork.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    LOL It is likely he knew he would be fired when he filled out that particular report anyway, probably decided why bother, Besides it looks better to be fired for incomplete paperwork, than indoor squirrel hunting when he applies for his next leo job.

I'm not sure why fish and game would need to be called in, it seems to me that the squirrel would be the storekeepers problem to deal with.
    Easy question of the day. If that squirrel bit someone, caused something , no one could say he didn't do anything. Dispatch report would show action taken (which would be correct if it was a wild critter, pet,( animal control). This guy would still have a job using common sense.

In Remembrance
    I hit a horse in 77. It mangled it pretty bad, it didn't need a brainsurgeon to tell there was no hope for ot. It was not daylight yet, so I had to stand out in the rain and direct Houston suburb traffic around it, which was dicey in itself. When the leo got there I ask them to put it out of it's misery, but they couldn't until a veternarian had looked at it, which took another couple of hours to get one there. Finally the only cop still there was going to shoot it with his service pistol. He pointed it between the eyes Then closed his eyes and turned his head before pulling the trigger, all he did was hurt the poor horse and get him all exited again. I was pretty hot at that, and told him to let me do it if he couldn't, but he said he couldn't and at least looked where he was shooting for the second round.

Novalty, that was my thought, he really should have charges brought against him for endangerment. All they had to do was open a door and the sq. would probably leave on his own or with a little broom encouragement. Hey if ms Clinton can not be charged cause she stepped down why not an officer of the law, both took an oath.
    CD

Boolit Buddy
    Was his name Officer Tackleberry???!!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by unclogum bill View Post
    Easy question of the day. If that squirrel bit someone, caused something , no one could say he didn't do anything. Dispatch report would show action taken (which would be correct if it was a wild critter, pet,( animal control). This guy would still have a job using common sense.
    Doesn't sound to me as though the cop had any common sense. Gun no. "Mace" which was likely mis-reported. More likely pepper spray as cops haven't used real Mace for years.

If the squirrel had bitten somebody use of his pistol would be justified. Pepper spray to help shoo an animal away might be appropriate but not inside a building. Ask any postal carrier about reversing a dog's direction with pepper spray. Speaking of my own experiences, it is very effective on dogs, cats and one time on a Coyote. Inside a building though is just plain stupid.

A now retired Phoenix cop I know personally was once called to assist unarmed G&F and Rabies Control (dog pound) officers catch a suspected rabid Raccoon under a mobile home. He was given the green light to shoot it if necessary to avoid letting it escape. The Raccoon had bitten a child and needed to be checked for Rabies. By the time he arrived the dog catcher had it in a snare.

There may be more to the incident that is not in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by azrednek View Post
    Doesn't sound to me as though the cop had any common sense. Gun no. "Mace" which was likely mis-reported. More likely pepper spray as cops haven't used real Mace for years.

If the squirrel had bitten somebody use of his pistol would be justified. Pepper spray to help shoo an animal away might be appropriate but not inside a building. Ask any postal carrier about reversing a dog's direction with pepper spray. Speaking of my own experiences, it is very effective on dogs, cats and one time on a Coyote. Inside a building though is just plain stupid.

A now retired Phoenix cop I know personally was once called to assist unarmed G&F and Rabies Control (dog pound) officers catch a suspected rabid Raccoon under a mobile home. He was given the green light to shoot it if necessary to avoid letting it escape. The Raccoon had bitten a child and needed to be checked for Rabies. By the time he arrived the dog catcher had it in a snare.

There may be more to the incident that is not in the article.
    Thanks for the adding this! Seems like us good LE are getting a bad rap lately becuase of these morons.
    Please don't judge the entire barrel based on one bad pickle!

It's seldom you hear about the good apples - just the bad ones make the news - but oh the damage they can cause before they are out of the barrel.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...avated-assault
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master

"dumber than a sack of hammers crosses my mind".

box of rocks seems more appropriate.

Was this officer someone who wasn't fitting in, and they were looking for an excuse to let him go?
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Grand Master

I had to shoot a dog on duty once, I could tell it's spine was broken just ahead of the hips. It was alert but in considerable pain, animal control was on call and response time (late night) would have been at least an hour. I'll do the paperwork.
    As for the indoor squirrel hunting I'm sure a broom would have been my weapon of choice, shouldn't be hard to find one in a general store.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.