Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: 45 2.1's .312 150GC

Thumbs up 45 2.1's .312 150GC

I have been experimenting since spring with all of my (12 now and counting) .30 cal moulds in a T/C 21" .30-30 Contender Carbine barrel. Most everything has looked good at 50 yards, but until now I have not been able to find a combination that will keep them all on the paper when retesting at 100yds.

I just started testing this boolit - first powder IMR3031/lube LLA - and got one group at just less than 3". For sights, this barrel has a peep & post, and I am not looking for light target loads - only for deer hunting loads, so I have been using strictly rifle powders and testing this one at velocities (estimated) between 1600-2200fps. I'll have time this week after morning M/L hunts to see how it does with RE7 and Surp4895, but I've at least got one usable hunting load now, with promise of more.
    Born OK the first time.

Boolit Grand Master

Well dang, Versifier, let me know because I got that mould to and had it in mind for my 21" TC Contender barrel also. Am hoping it will make for a good hunting bullet in it also. If and when I get my Mag 20 back from Lyman I'll cast some up.

Larry Gibson

Larry,
    I have completed tests with surp4895 and RE7. Results dismal. Looks like I'll be sticking with the 3031 load, 27.0 gr OAL 2.412". I will see if I can increase the OAL, too. That might improve things a bit.
    Born OK the first time.