Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataLee Precision
RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: New (to me) Colt New Frontier 22 LR/Mag

Boolit Grand Master

New (to me) Colt New Frontier 22 LR/Mag

Earlier this week, I worked a trade for a showroom-fresh example of the above-listed 22 single-action, case-colored steel frame and 4" barrel. I was able to give it a little test drive at the range Tuesday before dropping it off at a gunshop for the Governator's 10-day litmus test. I liked it--A LOT. I also made the grievous error of stopping by the house with it prior to doing the "War and Peace"-length paper chase, and Marie also liked it a lot. "It's cute" and "It's pretty" seemed to be the prevailing sentiment. Another acquisition I'll be cleaning a lot and shooting a little, it appears.

This the third one of these critters I've corraled, the first two having fixed sights. The adjustables on this one are a LOT better than the former "post-and-frame-ditch" found on most SAA platforms. All told, this is a Kit Gun that I can actually shoot and hit things with.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Grand Master
    Al,
    I had one that was 22lr only it had the 7 1/2" barrel, somehow it got away from me....

I really like the little Colt single actions; even wwith the goofy pushbutton loadibng safety mine had. They are enough smaller than a Ruger Single Six to be noticible; they just feel right as a 22 revolver.

The Colt I had was measurably more accurate than any Single Six that I have ever been around.

Have fun with it,

Robert

Super Moderator

................I've never seen a Ruger 22RF revolter that could hit a #4 washtub at bellybutton to bellybutton ranges . Their MkII semi autos were vastly different though. Yup, Al's new little Colt 22RF Peacemaker is a cutie for sure. I got to shoot it some, and since the sights hadn't been fiddled with, it took me a couple shots to find the dinger at 25 yards. Has a nice trigger.

Looks just like a big Colt, only er..................smaller

..............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance