Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackboxWideners
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Who all's first gun was a single shot?

First gun I shot was a 22 bolt at Boyscout camp. I liked that alot!

Boolit Master

My first "real" gun was an old rusty Remington single shot 22 I fished out of a garbage can when I was 8 or 9. Firing pin spring was bad so I used a rubber band stretched from the rear sight to the firing pin plunger, worked well!!!! I kept the rifle hidden in an old barn in a field I used to hunt rabbits in. Barn burnt down one day taking that beloved 22 with it. one of the saddest days in my life!!!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tdart View Post
    Ithaca model 49 single shot 22. Still takes a ton of force to cock the thing! Don't know how I ever did it as a ten year old.
    Mine too!! I was 10 or 11 I think and it was a Christmas present to share between my brother and me. Fortunately, he ended up with a crazy anti-gun wife so the rifle now has the honored front spot in my safe. I still take it regularly to plink with....a fun little gun.

Boolit Master
    Mine was a Savage 22/20ga combo model 24. Technically it is a double, but you have to flip the spur on the hammer to shoot the other barrel. It was my Christmas present in 7th grade.

I still have it.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Buddy

I learned to shoot with a multi-pump daisy (that's is single shot in my book)

my first firearm was a repeating 22

but my 2nd(New England Firearms 12ga shotgun)
    3rd(New England Firearms .243win)
    4th(New England Firearms .223rem)
    6th(T/C hawkens .50 cal)
    8th(T/C encore .50 cal)
    9th(T/C katahdin in 45-70)
    10th(T/C encore pro-hunter 243win)

and always looking for the next deal on a fine single shot rifle or handgun in the right caliber
    What I hand-load; .380acp; 9mm/9mmR; 38/357mag; 45acp;
    223rem(5.56mm); 22-250rem; 243win; 6.5 Grendel; 270 win; 30-30win; 308win; 45-70gov.

on the list to start Loading; 30-06 springfield; 222 rem; 6.5x55 swedish

"You might be a gun nut if you load 45-70 on a progressive press" -HICKOK45<- was he talking about me!?!

---
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    _________________ ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    Remington Model 510, .22 bolt action.
    Same here Remington 510x my uncle gave me when I was 13. 27 years ago. I still have it. I picked it up from my parents house last time I went over. Very glad to have it back. My wife loves to shoot it and it is extremely accurate. I will never sell this gun.

Boolit Master
    I had to save and wait until my 18th birthday to buy my first gun. A single shot Remington model 514. I still own that rifle.

Boolit Buddy
    Back in '68 my uncle (who was a cop) gave me a Ithaca model 49 single shot for my 9th B-day, I still have it.

Boolit Bub
    My first rifle at the age of five years was a Remington 41 in 22LR that belonged to my Grandma. I have been absolutely horrible about selling great guns throughout my life that I wish I had back, but I'm thankful that I never woke up a single day and been so stupid as to want to sell it. So it still hangs on my bedroom closet wall almost 60 years later.

Boolit Master
    first gun was a Remington 514. was 10 when I got it for Christmas. still have it. it still kills ground hogs. when I was 12 I was allowed to use my uncles singlebarrel 16 ga. stevens. then about 14 I got a stevens 311a 20 ga. I still have that also.

Perma-Banned

My first gun was a Western Field .410 shotgun. Never got to shoot it much because we lived in the city. Still have it though.
    OB

[FONT=times new roman][SIZE=3]Je suis Charlie

Safeguard our way of life...Defend the Constitution against ALL Enemies, Foreign and Domestic!!!

California. Where absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good.
    'Twas a Model 55 Winchester .22. I know that the first M-55 was an 1894 type but in 1957 Winchester built a .22 that loaded thru a slot in the receiver and ejected automatically to drop the spent case out the bottom and occasionally into my hand (which quickly got my attention). It was a very inexpensive rifle with a glorious barrel that shot incredible groups to the astonishment of those with more expensive rifles. It started life as my brother's gun and it still rests in the corner of his kitchen.

Boolit Master

Winchester Model 67A 22 when I was nine. An older cousin had it before me and I'd shot from age six. My oldest nephew has it now. At least 15 in my family learned to shoot and/hunt with it.

Boolit Buddy
    Hanel .177 springer, that was my first gun. They're a single shot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan0002.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	93507

the one on the right.

Boolit Buddy
    Remington model 6 roller 22 long.
    Bob

Boolit Master

My first gun was an H&R Targeteer, Mod 263, 10rd mag. BUT, my three kids all got single shot .22's when they started out, hopefully to make them make the first shot count!

Boolit Grand Master

Greerings
    Remington Model 514 caliber .22. Then a Iver Johnson 12 guage Special Trap model (matted rib barrel) which I still have.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Grand Master

When I was 8 and my brother was 10 there was a Sears and Roebuck 22 Safety Model under the Christmas tree. Bolt action and opening the bolt activates the safety, Marlin made it. I still have it and have taught many others to shoot with it. Probably ought to pass it on to my son, but our grandchildren are 2 and 6mo, so there is no hurry.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Buddy

First gun was my Dad's old Stevens Crack Shot. Still have it.

Boolit Man

First gun I shot was a Stevens Favorite .22LR (similar to the Crackshot), but first one that was mine was a Western Field .410 bolt action single shot. Scared a lot of squirrels with that and even brought a few home for the pot. Had to hunt for one year using an Iver Johnson 32" full choke single shot 12 ga to prove to my Dad that I was really serious about wanting to hunt. He rewarded me with a M37 Ithaca pump for my 16th birthday. Still happily own all of them, although the .410 has been on loan to my anti-gun older sister who decided she felt safer living alone with a shotgun under the bed "just in case."

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast